• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
same. starting the mission over didnt fix it. when i die, the game crashes. when i resume, the game crashes.

Fucking useless. How can a studio comprised of highly paid, mostly poached talent, consistently produced AAA titles with so many BASIC issues?

- Playing online
- Functioning achievemevents
- Functioning campaign

Why is it so hard for them?

16BitNova

Fucking useless. How can a studio comprised of highly paid, mostly poached talent, consistently produced AAA titles with so many BASIC issues?

- Playing online
- Functioning achievemevents
- Functioning campaign

Why is it so hard for them?

I feel ya man. I love this franchise... I hate seeing whats happening from a technical stand point.

As much as I love Halo 5 and think it's the best competitive Halo game yet, If someone asked me if I think 343 has done a terrible job with the franchise, I would still give a firm yes.

They did great with Halo 5, but it took them two awful Reach Map packs, then doubling down on awful Reach design with Halo 4, them completely ruining Halo 2's Anniversary Project and releasing a broken game with Master Chief Collection.

I still think giving 343 the keys to this beloved franchise was a mistake, and unless 343 just completely knocks it out of the park again with Halo 6, I won't change my mind. However, like I said, if Halo 6 is phenomenal, 343 has earned my love.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
oh god, this thread with the "343 is bad" now. I'm outta here.

nGCPRTa.gif

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Fucking campaign crashed on me two times today, for the first time ever. Anyone else experience this? Hopefully it's not the new patch, don't see how it could be.

malfcn

My only "real" complaint is spawning. Getting killed 5+ times in a row without being able to move is frustrating. Meanwhile they get the win and your kd/whatever plummets.

Strongholds on Guillontine is just not fair for red team. Blue team has such a huge advantage. The have easy access to both blue yard and cargo. Which gives them easy access to sniper and camo. Rockets are 50/50, depending on how many push cargo. Tower one is just all by itself in a corner and pointless. Blue team also has an easier shot at the Mantis and spartan laser because of the man cannon. Something needs to be done 343. This is such an obvious issue.

malfcn

So I kill the flag carrier before they score, but die in the process. Then one or two guys don't bother to return the flag and we lose. It's like people don't know how to play.

*gets third place moves down 20 places in rank*

the ranking system in FFA is just ugh especially if you're in onyx tier, should be like lone wolves where top 3 players benefit once the match ends

I legit can not find a match in Big Team Battle... Is the population that low that I can find 15 other players? I know it's late night for most of America... But really? A triple AAA game has a population this low? .-.

CeeSaw

I legit can not find a match in Big Team Battle... Is the population that low that I can find 15 other players? I know it's late night for most of America... But really? A triple AAA game has a population this low? .-.

I have never had to wait longer than 30 seconds or so to find a match. If issue persists maybe try a hard reset. Seems to fix a lot of weird problems.

Oooooooh, 8 hour ban. Now it's serious business.

'But please, while you're banned, keep playing our garbage Warzone mode, where last shot kills game-changing bosses, nullifying team-play. And be sure to buy some REQ packs if you're EXTRA stupid'.

pieface

This argument is so tired. Just play and if you're not having fun don't play. This '343 is scared of this and they're dumb in this regard' stuff is getting old and it's really immature.

You spend your time how you want to spend it dude, damn.

It might be a tired argument to you. But for us solo players who love playing this game, but are getting fed up with the matchmaking, the argument is still extremely relevant. Just let solo players play other solo players.

Hatchtag

Banned
are maps weighted
does guillotine only have strongholds?
why have i only gotten guillotine like 4 times? I get the other ones pretty frequently, but never this one, and I've never seen it for anything other than strongholds?

maximrace

'But please, while you're banned, keep playing our garbage Warzone mode, where last shot kills game-changing bosses, nullifying team-play. And be sure to buy some REQ packs if you're EXTRA stupid'.
Should be an hour longer for all the non-constructive complaining you do. You would allready be banned until Halo 6 lol

Herbs

Banned

seems like they did you a favor

I'm gonna have to side with people who don't think this campaign is very good. It's super short made all the shorter by the fact that I ran past most enemies especially in the second half of the game because there's no penalty for doing so. Also as someone who is a casual fan. I had no idea who Locke was or why most of the campaign is spent playing as him. Not that it matters because very little actually happens in the game. Last, those warden fights sucked. I'm definitely glad I used the exploit to skip the last fight or I would have been frustrated to high hell trying to do that with the braindead A.I. teammates.

Play Halo 1 and 2. If they take longer to complete than Halo 5 I'll be very surprised, they're both about 30% shorter on Heroic for me. 5 is about as long as 3 and Reach. Running past enemies is an option in all Halo games...

i'll ignore fanboys before i ignore haters because critical discussion is healthy. but there is a point where criticism becomes whining and i think antitype has long passed that threshold. it's hard to read this thread now and not even i could stomach a game if i were to complain about it to that extent.

i'll ignore fanboys before i ignore haters because critical discussion is healthy. but there is a point where criticism becomes whining and i think antitype has long passed that threshold. it's hard to read this thread now and not even i could stomach a game if i were to complain about it to that extent.

That's what ignore list is for though.

Play Halo 1 and 2. If they take longer to complete than Halo 5 I'll be very surprised, they're both about 30% shorter on Heroic for me. 5 is about as long as 3 and Reach. Running past enemies is an option in all Halo games...

Yep, anyone that thinks 5 is shorter than previous games are just delusional, length wise it is just about perfect, slightly shorter than 3 but on par with Reach I think, definitely longer than CE, 2 and 4.

That's what ignore list is for though.

Eh, i give people the benefit of the doubt first. i don't disagree with most of the criticism, but there's no discussion to be had in posts like "343 has no talent." Come on now.

Strongholds on Guillontine is just not fair for red team. Blue team has such a huge advantage. The have easy access to both blue yard and cargo. Which gives them easy access to sniper and camo. Rockets are 50/50, depending on how many push cargo. Tower one is just all by itself in a corner and pointless. Blue team also has an easier shot at the Mantis and spartan laser because of the man cannon. Something needs to be done 343. This is such an obvious issue.

Red Team has high ground and better access to vehicles though, and it's so easy to spawn trap Blue team. I don't want to play that gametype ever again.

I agree with this. Calling 343i names & being disrespectful is utterly childish. There is nothing wrong with criticizing where it is deserved but people over react way to much over a simple form of entertainment & insult / disrespect people over it, its just really silly.

You can tell people problems about something they made without insulting them. Its not hard.

Eh, i give most people the benefit of the doubt. i don't disagree with most of the criticism but there's no discussion to be had in posts like "343 has no talent." Come on man.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that they've managed to mess up the single player for a bunch of people with a multi player patch but shit happens, complain loudly and it will no doubt get fixed quickly. There's absolutely no value in being a dick about it though.

Re: 343's overall performance with the Halo series, I think it could have been much better but in hindsight I guess it was insane to expect a completely new studio to be able to take over the job from one of the best studios in the world without some serious missteps happening. I also MUCH prefer this solution to keeping Bungie on the job -- Destiny shows that they're just not interested in making games I like any more, and that's okay, at least this way I still get Halo games that play better than ever even if there are some technical issues. I am also very impressed by how seriously 343 take (constructive) fan feedback which partly makes up for some of the problems.

I agree with this. Calling 343i names & being disrespectful is utterly childish. There is nothing wrong with criticizing where it is deserved but people over react way to much over a simple form of entertainment & insult / disrespect people over it, its just really silly.

You can tell people problems about something they made without insulting them. Its not hard.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that they've managed to mess up the single player for a bunch of people with a multi player patch but shit happens, complain loudly and it will no doubt get fixed quickly. There's absolutely no value in being a dick about it though.

Re: 343's overall performance with the Halo series, I think it could have been much better but in hindsight I guess it was insane to expect a completely new studio to be able to take over the job from one of the best studios in the world without some serious missteps happening. I also MUCH prefer this solution to keeping Bungie on the job -- Destiny shows that they're just not interested in making games I like any more, and that's okay, at least this way I still get Halo games that play better than ever even if there are some technical issues. I am also very impressed by how seriously 343 take (constructive) fan feedback which partly makes up for some of the problems.

indeed, 343 are very attentive to feedback, which is all the more reason not to be bitter about it, especially this soon after launch.

Should be an hour longer for all the non-constructive complaining you do. You would allready be banned until Halo 6 lol

Ok, you want constructive criticism?

If you want to curb or significantly decrease quitting, give players the option to hide all stats outside their ranking.

You make players individual records easily viewable online via website, app and in-game, then you incentivized a dick-measuring contest. To the shock of nobody (aside from 343i, of course, but they're clearly the last to consider anything), players are happy to quit when it means making their e-peen look bigger at a passing glance.

This is the direct result of a design philosophy built around catering to the least important populace in gaming ('pros').

It's pretty easy to have your cake and eat it too in this case. Let the 'pros' show off their stats as much as they want, let anybody who wants to set their stats to private do so. Assuming 343i's matchmaking means fuck all (spoiler: it doesn't, take it from a platinum that's been going up against diamonds and onyxs most of the weekend... but let's operate on the premise they make it functional), then the only front-facing information necessary is the rank. It's enough to show whether you 'belong' in the match or not, and give a general idea of your skill level relative to your peers, teammates and opposition.

But for the love of god, fire every single person involved in the multiplayer UI at 343i. Don't even bother giving them the courtesy of cleaning out their locker. Just dump their shit somewhere over Siberia and let them go look for it, it will keep them busy for awhile and spare all of us ever having to experience their work again. Hire some kids out of the Art Institute at a bargain rate, give them a copy of Reach and tell them to copy it as closely as possible.

You give players the ability to hide a K/D they're shy about, you remove the incentive to bail on a match where 343i's currently wretched matchmaking ensures their K/D is going to get the prison shower treatment.

Simple.

Extra points if your provide players with the option to wipe their stats back to zero and erase all the hellish history of being bent over and violated by your goddamn worthless placement and matchmaking systems.

EDIT:

Bonus constructive criticism: Leave your 'vision' or whatever at the door, and scrap last-shot kills in Warzone. It's been panned by pretty much every community I've seen discuss the mode. It's terrible, frustrating, actively disincentives team coordination, and - given the impact that 150VP bosses have on the outcome - makes Warzone a roulette wheel instead of a skill-based enterprise. Considering the mode is already significantly impacted by the cards that players have at their disposal (which is obviously random), I'd say limiting other random factors is a necessity.

If you don't want damage dealt to be the deciding factor, then use DPS and change the color of that yellow icon that denotes their position on the map to the color of whichever team is dealing the higher DPS at that moment. Whichever team is dealing the higher DPS at the time of the final shot, earns the kill.

That way, if I'm on the red team and I see that the boss is at half-health and his icon is blue, I know I need to get my ass over their and maybe burn a req card to try and even the odds. Or maybe I need to decide whether to deal damage to the boss, or try and take out the guys dealing the damage.

But at least I fucking know who is going to get credit for that kill instead of spamming shots at the boss and crossing my goddamn fingers.

This week's reqs xboxclips.com/evanswolves82/3a13ee6f-dc3f-49a1-a56d-884298926f35
dmr a new stance and some armour, love the viper venom armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom