• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finally completed the campaign. What a massive disappointment. Definitely the worst campaign in the series. Oh how badly it falters.. Surely they must have known it would have been received poorly?? I don't get it...

I seriously can't fathom your point of view. Care to add specific complaints? I hate the prometheans still, but many of the levels feel so large, open, and explorable, and better yet, feel truly amazing to fight on. All the sanghelios missions against the covenant are just AMAZING.

Karl2177

Being serious here: not an exaggeration: seriously no hyperbole: objectively speaking, I personally never felt like I saw texture pop-ins or bad graphics in Halo until 343 started doing it.

Halo 2 has a fair share when playing on an original Xbox. The most notorious one is in the opening cutscene when Arbiter's helmet pops into the shadowed texture. Reach also had a handful of low-poly LoD models that wouldn't increase their fidelity when scoped at them. You can see them in Tip of the Spear if you turn around at the start or just go into Theater mode. Other than those, it's hard to come by low quality stuff from Bungie's art team. They seem really methodical about covering those types things up or outright fixing them.

BraXzy

Jeeeeeeeeez! Snip3down has absolutely everything unlocked from the Req system.

He just bought a gold pack and it gave him two 3000 Req point cards. Dayum.

jem0208

Finally completed the campaign. What a massive disappointment. Definitely the worst campaign in the series. Oh how badly it falters.. Surely they must have known it would have been received poorly?? I don't get it...

Easily the best playing campaign in the series; fantastic level design and sublime on foot combat.

JackHerer

Got matched with Suddoth 2 on my team in BTB. He complained for 3 minutes then quit. He was the first and only player to quit and we were only down about 10 kills....

2nd worst. Not as bad as Halo 4.

And yes, they're delusional if they thought that utter, self-indulgent fan-fiction nonsense and sub Gears of War 1 'co-op design' would be well received.

'Hey guys, I've got a great revolutionary idea that will redefine co-op play! What if we made a boss, that required you to shoot him in the BACK! So like, one player would shoot at him to draw his attention, and then another player would attack his weak point. I think this idea is profound enough that we could reuse it two, even three times in a campaign. Combat Evolved AGAIN, amirite?'

jet1911

Other than those, it's hard to come by low quality stuff from Bungie's art team.

halo-2.jpg

Sgt.Reynolds.jpg

:p

Like I said in another halo thread, halo 6 needs to be lone wolf chief with a cape kicking the ass of a million elites without infinity over his sholder, turn it into a slight survival horror with the feeling of being all against the odds.

That's part of what I felt with the original halo after you crash onto the ring, you are alone, a few stragglers, captian has been taken prisoner and a thousand covenant are in the way... plus being on a mysterious ring planet you have no idea about, THAT is halo.

Jeeeeeeeeez! Snip3down has absolutely everything unlocked from the Req system.

He just bought a gold pack and it gave him two 3000 Req point cards. Dayum.

"congrats on 100%, have a 60% rebate for this pack" pretty much

jfoul

BTB is pretty poop without allowing players to repopulate a game because of quitters. This is why I stopped playing BTB in Halo 3.

Demise

Stinkles, i would gladly buy a pc version of halo 5 with only slayer and breakout mode with only 4 maps each. Free to play, no free req point though. No need for more imo.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Some of the textures of certain maps are bad I don't mind it though it looks fine to me. 60fps has been wonderful.

Finally unlocked all Common's in Bronze packs. Opening silver packs now.
How do you know when you unlock all commons? Just by manually keeping track?

Edit: Beaten by seconds!

Definitely agree, going back even Halo 4 feels more fleshed out and important story wise (
or at least it did until they trashed and undid every single important thing that happened in it
) At least Halo 4 had some memorable parts like the Death Star run, Halo 5 had one enjoyable/memorable part for me and it was literally a knock off of something from Bulletstorm but with way less time spent with it.

BraXzy

"congrats on 100%, have a 60% rebate for this pack" pretty much

Yeah at that point it's literally just for the actual req acards to use.. Interesting that the cosmetics/certs from Gold packs are worth 4000 points out of the total 10K.

He haz the moneys. Are you watching his stream? He just played an FFA on Fathom.

Yup, I haven't seen his stream where you hasn't bought at least one or two.

am i missing something

Not sure if joke on microtransactions in a full price game or just typo :L

TheXbox

People are really down on this campaign huh? I haven't quite finished it yet, but still way better than H4. Lots of gorgeous, expansive environments, interesting encounters. Combat feels like the best it's been since H3. No more corridor shooting, no more "press these three buttons".

Story is trash, though. Warden sucks. I guess I get the complaints, but it's got it where it counts.

Velcoro

I can check that on halo waypoint?

I haven't used waypoint yet but I'm sure you can check it on there too. Might be easier to check in game in your Collections to see what you already have. Just keep opening Bronze packs until you get the Nadir emblem and they start giving you 500 req points in the packs. Aside from the Helmets, Armors, Emblems, etc. there were a crap load of AR's to get.
Yup, I haven't seen his stream where you hasn't bought at least one or two.

It must be nice to have everything but it's exciting to unlock stuff. Do you know if he's using a SCUF or Xbox Elite controller?

Ramirez

People are really down on this campaign huh? I haven't quite finished it yet, but still way better than H4. Lots of gorgeous, expansive environments, interesting encounters. Combat feels like the best it's been since H3. No more corridor shooting, no more "press these three buttons".

Story is trash, though. Warden sucks. I guess I get the complaints, but it's got it where it counts.

I enjoyed it, it didn't have a single level where I groaned like I would with Library, Cortana, or the back end of the H2 campaign.

I wish that level where you're running down the Guardian was much longer and an entire level in itself. That was one of the more refreshing FPS levels I have played in a long time, but it was over far too quickly even on Legendary.

Haven't read through the thread so not sure if this is a known bug but its a pain in the ass!
Im playing solo campaign and started mission 8, I died about 10 mins into the mission but instead of loading my last checkpoint I get kicked to the main dashboard. Load up the game again and try to resume but once again as the level is loading it suddenly goes back to the main dashboard. Trying this a few more times with the same result I restart the level and everything works fine. This time however Im about half an hour into the mission and I die. As its loading once again Im kicked to the dashboard. FFS!
Anyone else have this? Ive tried going offline and it makes no difference. Im playing solo on the swords of sanghelios, heroic difficulty.
Ive checked that i dont have any skulls on but ive noticed that the iron skull is 'cannot revive or be revived.' Solo restart mission on death. This is exactly the problem but I dont even have it active

Dunno if you got a response since I just skimmed through, but you have to do a full reboot on your console. As far as I know it's some weird issue caused by the patch, but it should clear up completely after resetting.

Halo 2 has a fair share when playing on an original Xbox. The most notorious one is in the opening cutscene when Arbiter's helmet pops into the shadowed texture. Reach also had a handful of low-poly LoD models that wouldn't increase their fidelity when scoped at them. You can see them in Tip of the Spear if you turn around at the start or just go into Theater mode. Other than those, it's hard to come by low quality stuff from Bungie's art team. They seem really methodical about covering those types things up or outright fixing them.

i was joking :lol

I gave myself a limit and at that limit I stopped. $500 on req packs since the game came out. Still don’t have the helmets I wanted, but I pretty much have everything else in the game. It’s fine though, I have hundreds of req boosters, so it should only take me a few days to finish it all off.

Video of the collection progress.

Computer

I know it wont completely solve the quitting issue but I think a team surrender option would be a good idea. No one wants to play a 2v4 or 1v4 or a game that is 30 to 5. If every member of the team decided to surrender the game would end.

Haines

Banned
I see i can sell my req cards. Where do i spend them?

Do you guys like warzone assault? It seems like a very good mode for practicing basics

I see i can sell my req cards. Where do i spend them?

Do you guys like warzone assault? It seems like a very good mode for practicing basics

You spend them in Warzone.

Man, you really are lost :p

Here's the deal: you can sell the non-cosmetic REQ cards you get from packs for points, which can (eventually) be spent on more packs. Or, alternatively, you can use them in warzone to summon the associated thang.

And yeah, WA is pretty good for warming up.

I'm gonna have to side with people who don't think this campaign is very good. It's super short made all the shorter by the fact that I ran past most enemies especially in the second half of the game because there's no penalty for doing so. Also as someone who is a casual fan. I had no idea who Locke was or why most of the campaign is spent playing as him. Not that it matters because very little actually happens in the game. Last, those warden fights sucked. I'm definitely glad I used the exploit to skip the last fight or I would have been frustrated to high hell trying to do that with the braindead A.I. teammates.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

best post of ot2 /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom