• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanfp

Like I said in another halo thread, halo 6 needs to be lone wolf chief with a cape kicking the ass of a million elites without infinity over his sholder, turn it into a slight survival horror with the feeling of being all against the odds.

This. They need this.

Have a doble campaign, one solo chief and the other blue team/team osiris coop with the same amount of misions for each team.

I just went like 35 and 2 (was lucky) in big team battle and afterwards a guy got on the mic and said he was gonna report me for cheating

latest

Haines

Banned
You spend them in Warzone.

Man, you really are lost :p

Here's the deal: you can sell the non-cosmetic REQ cards you get from packs for points, which can (eventually) be spent on more packs. Or, alternatively, you can use them in warzone to summon the associated thang.

And yeah, WA is pretty good for warming up.

ok. So i have 161000 before selling most of my junk.

So i think i should use them on gold packs for better chance at good stuff right?

ok. So i have 161000 before selling most of my junk.

So i think i should use them on gold packs for better chance at good stuff right?

Whoa

Uh...

I would actually recommend buying Bronzes. Gold and Silver have an even better chance of good stuff if you finish out your commons with Bronze packs. Keep buying 'em until you start getting refunds.

Haines

Banned
Whoa

Uh...

I would actually recommend buying Bronzes. Gold and Silver have an even better chance of good stuff if you finish out your commons with Bronze packs. Keep buying 'em until you start getting refunds.

Ok, so just buy bronze packs to my hearts content. Until what happens exactly?

are you serious? LOL

Money isn’t an issue for me. I enjoy the Halo series and this game, so I have no problem putting my money towards it. I mean sure I would have eventually unlocked everything just from playing, but I enjoy customization and all the different weapons I can use in WZ now. I don’t see why there is such a stigma towards buying things in videos games. It’s no different than people that spend money on other hobbies such as clothing, automobiles, sports, music, and etc. If it’s your passion and you have the income for it, who cares?

Ok, so just buy bronze packs to my hearts content. Until what happens exactly?

You'll start getting... well, I haven't seen it myself, but you'll get a card that basically gives you 600 req points back. Then you move on to Silvers, until you get something similar, then Golds. That way, you get the maximum possible rarities from each of those.

Haines

Banned
You'll start getting... well, I haven't seen it myself, but you'll get a card that basically gives you 600 req points back. Then you move on to Silvers, until you get something similar, then Golds. That way, you get the maximum possible rarities from each of those.

Ok thanks!

I guess i should sell all my junk real quick

Purest 78

Money isn’t an issue for me. I enjoy the Halo series and this game, so I have no problem putting my money towards it. I mean sure I would have eventually unlocked everything just from playing, but I enjoy customization and all the different weapons I can use in WZ now. I don’t see why there is such a stigma towards buying things in videos games. It’s no different than people that spend money on other hobbies such as clothing, automobiles, sports, music, and etc. If it’s your passion and you have the income for it, who cares?

I think the point was your limit of $500 not that you're willing to spend money.

Trup1aya

Hey man, it's your money, do as you please! I'm just glad to see the franchise is still lucrative even if it isn't as popular as it once was.

I just hope future installments don't get to crazy with req costs or RNG odds. I think the system is well balanced now, and I hope it stays that way.

At this point its pretty clear that Halo 5 will have Chief and Locke fighting together.

Dont really have a problem with that if its handled like Halo 3. Arbiter was featured in cut-scenes and was the 2p avatar, but there wasnt any forced coop nonsense.

Haines

Banned
At this point its pretty clear that Halo 5 will have Chief and Locke fighting together.

Dont really have a problem with that if its handled like Halo 3. Arbiter was featured in cut-scenes and was the 2p avatar, but there wasnt any forced coop nonsense.

Woah spoilers i havent played campaign yet lol

Ramirez

I'm gonna have to side with people who don't think this campaign is very good. It's super short made all the shorter by the fact that I ran past most enemies especially in the second half of the game because there's no penalty for doing so. Also as someone who is a casual fan. I had no idea who Locke was or why most of the campaign is spent playing as him. Not that it matters because very little actually happens in the game. Last, those warden fights sucked. I'm definitely glad I used the exploit to skip the last fight or I would have been frustrated to high hell trying to do that with the braindead A.I. teammates.

So you skip a bunch of encounters, then complain about the length...ok.

Because regardless of how well you do, you don't deserve that slayer rank up unless you can carry your team mates going 1-7, 3-16, 4-10, 8-14, 8-16, and 10-18.

Sigh. Trying to get Onyx in BTB is seriously depressing me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm gonna have to side with people who don't think this campaign is very good. It's super short made all the shorter by the fact that I ran past most enemies especially in the second half of the game because there's no penalty for doing so. Also as someone who is a casual fan. I had no idea who Locke was or why most of the campaign is spent playing as him. Not that it matters because very little actually happens in the game. Last, those warden fights sucked. I'm definitely glad I used the exploit to skip the last fight or I would have been frustrated to high hell trying to do that with the braindead A.I. teammates.

you're obviously not the target audience for the campaign

Needless to say, this guy wasn't very happy...

PlainFatGalago.gif

I had a bunch of kids trying to jack my tank yesterday (right after I got a running riot and had the enemy absolutely fuming). I switched to the gunner so they could get in, then quickly hopped out and planted a 'nade on the back. Double-kill, thanks to their eager friend who hopped into the gunner instead of dealing with me while I ran around.

I'll give you my tank, but there's a price to pay, and it's a real blowout.

I'm finding it strange that Whiplash is only four req points, it's extremely powerful for that low of points. For instance, Arclight is five and it's worse than Whiplash.

Madness

I had a bunch of kids trying to jack my tank yesterday (right after I got a running riot and had the enemy absolutely fuming). I switched to the gunner so they could get in, then quickly hopped out and planted a 'nade on the back. Double-kill, thanks to their eager friend who hopped into the gunner instead of dealing with me while I ran around.

I'll give you my tank, but there's a price to pay, and it's a real blowout.

I used the random vehicle card once and it gave me a gauss hog. After ten minutes of horn honking and no one wanting to get in, I drove it near a boss and hopped into the gunner, some moron then comes, gets in the driver seat and is one of the worse drivers I've seen. Flipped the hog 3 times and then just got it blown up by one of those tankmaster Rok or whatnot. I'm pretty much never calling a warthog or hoping I get one again, unless I'm playing with someone I know.

Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick. 10 games. 10 FUCKING GAMES. IN. A. ROW. where like half my team quit 10 seconds into the match. Sort this shit out 343 because right now it's borderline unplayable because of this.

Is there a known bug for saving your progress on the reunion mission?

I accidentally fell to my death during the second half of the mission. I saved just before but whenever I try to load or resume I get a crash back to the dashboard.

Anfony O

GUYS I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE DAMN AIMING ISSUE. Sorry for the caps. Turns out it wasn't the game at all it was the tv. I had just bought a JS9000 (amazing piece) and had the picture mode on dynamic. My cousin, whom I consistently whine to about the controls and who never understood the reason behind my complains ginally hops on to a game on my tv. He was shocked he asked me several times how the hell am I aiaming. We found out there's a game mode which reduces latency (yes I am a noob in these) and tada. Back to aiming like a fucking pro. Honestly my KD is up to 3 now. If anyone has a similar scenario please give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom