• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotos

It really sucks that you can just buy all the armor in this game. Getting the best armor should be an incentive to play the game and a thing to brag about. Reach did this perfectly. Now it's all based off randomness and how much money you can spend...

If you can capture that, put it here or send it to Frankie. I bet they'll get banned for a damn while for that bullshit.

That shit happens all the time. Whether it be in arena for a FUCKING FUEL ROD CANNON or in BTB for any power weapon or a fucking splinter turret (which happens way more than you would think. It gets so annoying.

$500 since the game came out, pretty much done for the most part. I have a lot of RP boosters, so just finishing everything off really.

Helmet (168/183)
Armor (171/183)
Visor (50/54)
Emblem (89/224)- Most of these you get from ranking up, so that won't be complete for a while.
Stance (13/14)
Assassination (18/18)
Weapon Skin (31/33)- Missing the two HCS skins (can't get them).
Power Weapon (70/72)
Vehicle (55/61)
At first I was shocked when I saw how much you spent, that changed to envy when I realized I would do the same thing if finances allowed.

Nori Chan

$500 since the game came out, pretty much done for the most part. I have a lot of RP boosters, so just finishing everything off really.

Helmet (168/183)
Armor (171/183)
Visor (50/54)
Emblem (89/224)- Most of these you get from ranking up, so that won't be complete for a while.
Stance (13/14)
Assassination (18/18)
Power Weapon (70/72)
Vehicle (55/61)

hey

can i have some money. I just want a better stance lol I got the shitty boxer one

BraXzy

Are 343 missing a trick by not having Req pack gifting? I can imagine a few peeps would happily gift their friend a Gold pack or two with Christmas coming up.

Helmet (168/183)
Armor (171/183)
Visor (50/54)
Stance (13/14)
Assassination (18/18)
Power Weapon (70/72)
Vehicle (55/61)

Holy fucking moly!

And here's me sitting here contemplating whether I should 'buy' my first REQ pack or not lol

Velikost

Can you save the premium req packs? I want to try and unlock more common stuff before I open them this time, but I don't want to lose them if they expire.

I still have my two from last week. I'm not touching them anymore until I'm done with Silver at least

shoreu

It really sucks that you can just buy all the armor in this game. Getting the best armor should be an incentive to play the game and a thing to brag about. Reach did this perfectly. Now it's all based off randomness and how much money you can spend...

That shit happens all the time. Whether it be in arena for a FUCKING FUEL ROD CANNON or in BTB for any power weapon or a fucking splinter turret (which happens way more than you would think. It gets so annoying.

Reach required you too put weeks worth of playing time into the game because of those dumb ass credits.

RobNBanks

Banned

Helmet (168/183)
Armor (171/183)
Visor (50/54)
Stance (13/14)
Assassination (18/18)
Power Weapon (70/72)
Vehicle (55/61)

hey its me ur brother

Montresor

Closing in on the 1000 gamerscore for this game. The campaign is just great. But as I said before... too many Warden battles, and hideous (end story spoiler)
Cortana redesign

The Battle of Sunaion may be one of my favourite missions ever in the Halo franchise. Awesome buildup with incredible moving music. The opening cutscene was great (Tanaka saying a few words, everybody getting ready for battle). But the fact that you're conducting a top secret ONI mission and helping Arbiter with a civil war that has huge implications... That was cool. The combat in general was great, classic Halo, fighting with former Covenant forces against purely Covenant forces (until the end of the mission).

Best part of the mission was that it was drop dead gorgeous, dripping in beautiful orange, purple, and blue shades.

God I hate The Rig... how is this a 4v4 map..

giphy.gif

Anyone else having trouble with joining fire teams or matchmaking altogether?

I'm getting a message the the game "Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam."

Even though I'm not in a fireteam. And that's for all playlists, arena and warzone...

What's going on?

darthbob

How do you know you if you acquired everything from the bronze pack? Been opening a couple and it seems like I'm not getting anything new.

You can check your Unlocks at Waypoint to see what commons you're still missing. If you've got all Common unlocks... unlocked, then your Bronze Packs should be giving you 500RP per pack.

Montresor

I've been replaying various levels on easy/heroic to get random achievements and noticed small touches that I didn't notice in my first playthrough.

I replayed the first level Osiris and heard the Spartans speculating on why Halsey was missing an arm. Locke was like "It had something to do with Julmdama, but how or why, I don't know".

That was neat. We know she lost her arm because Commander Palmer shot her in an assassination attempt in the previous game... But ONI being ONI, even information as important as that was kept secret from Fireteam Osiris. Very cool. I like to think of ONI as the CIA analogue to space travel - rotten organization performing various seedy clandestine operations, but in space...

And then in one of the walking/talking missions, someone from Fireteam Osiris asked Buck about his girlfriend/wife Veronica Dare... A nice callback to Halo 3 ODST story/characters.

BraXzy

How do you know you if you acquired everything from the bronze pack? Been opening a couple and it seems like I'm not getting anything new.

Instead of perma unlocks you get a partial Req point refund. You get a single 500 points if all Bronze tier stuff is unlocked. Two 1500 Req point cards if all Silver is unlocked. And two 3000 req point cards if all Gold tier stuff is unlocked.

BraXzy

I think all the base vehicles are on the weak side.

If your team are controlling the map and have all the power weapons and you position yourself well, you can wreck people. But otherwise yeah a quick lazer can wreck you.

Either that or the insta kill barrier at the top of Guillotine >.>

got 35 kills in the ONI scorpion last night. the hill outside fortress on stormbreak that leads to either base. perfect angles.

it was awesome. nothing like seeing someone jump up like they are trying to land on your tank and just blasting them out of the sky

Jinaar

Over the weekend, I bought 6 BRONZE packs. Never a Common to come out of any of them. Been sticking with the SILVER packs since. I think my luck is not with BRONZE.

The RIG.

Spawn by BR - Advantage already achieved because Sniper is right above you. Oh and look, you have a window to see plasma caster. No hiding for anyone trying to get plasma caster.

Oh yeah, someone trying to get Camo? I see youuuuu in mid aiiiirrrrr.

Only way this map gets good play is if everyone is running around not giving a shit, just looking for kills. Thats my take. When facing against a team who literally is balls to the floor bent on winning. They will hold the Br Spawn/sniper tower area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom