• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Don't worry about the wins man! Just Rack up a bunch of Spartan kills, and swim in the RP, commendations, and XP that comes with it...
Never care about W/L in social playlists though.
Yeah, I know it shouldn't matter. I was doing alright for the first six games or so. Then it all got way too repetitive when my team kept losing the same way. I've played around 40 games of Warzone Assault, and I can count the number of close games on one hand. It seems far too easy for one team to claim an early advantage and dominate the rest of the match.

I kinda wish Warzone was ranked. I know it's not a super competitive gametype but I feel this ranking system helps match players better than any previous game.
I had that thought too. I hope 343 considers this for a future update. There always seems to be a few overly competitive players who are in Warzone just to stomp randoms. And they tend to end up on the other team for some reason. Meanwhile my own team usually has five or six totally clueless people with 0 kills. Fun, evenly matched games are the exception to the rule.

Another thing I wish they'd change is the range of the radar in Warzone. It's too easy to get surprised on big maps with so many players running around.

Trup1aya

It really sucks that you can just buy all the armor in this game. Getting the best armor should be an incentive to play the game and a thing to brag about. Reach did this perfectly. Now it's all based off randomness and how much money you can spend...

If you aren't into buying req packs, then getting all the armor is still an incentive to play. You play enough. You'll get them all. And since silver and gold packs guarantee permanent items, you can pretty much figure how long it will take to get them.

BraXzy

I think Warzone already has an increased radar radius.

Arena radar: 18M

Warzone and BTB radar: 25M

Mantis needs taken out of headlong. I feel like theres too many power weapons on it.

Original intention by the community cartographer who did the initial rough build was that each team would have hogs and ghosts. And the ramps and jumps were intended as a way to get up to higher areas so they weren't just usable down bot.

Monocle

I think Warzone already has an increased radar radius.
Oh really? I wonder what the range is. I can remember a few deaths where the enemy was basically running right next to me; or driving up behind me, and I couldn't see them on the radar until the last second. I even went into the theater to check how close they were.

Trup1aya

Yeah, I know it shouldn't matter. I was doing alright for the first six games or so. Then it all got way too repetitive when my team kept losing the same way. I've played around 40 games of Warzone Assault, and I can count the number of close games on one hand. It seems far too easy for one team to claim an early advantage and dominate the rest of the match.

I had that thought too. I hope 343 considers this for a future update. There always seems to be a few overly competitive players who are in Warzone just to stomp randoms. And they tend to end up on the other team for some reason. Meanwhile my own team usually has five or six totally clueless people with 0 kills. Fun, evenly matched games are the exception to the rule.

Another thing I wish they'd change is the range of the radar in Warzone. It's too easy to get surprised on big maps with so many players running around.

What constitutes a close match to you? The defense has to fail 3 times in order to lose, but can win at any stage.

Without someone abusing the glitches, I don't think my team has ever made it passed the first objective on Array

Really, the vast majority of my matches at least go to the second base, and that's on every map.

BraXzy

Without someone abusing the glitches, I don't think my team has ever made it passed the first objective on Array

It's definitely the hardest one to infiltrate in Assault as attackers. The hard part is getting enough of your team in there and alive to switch their spawns to outside of the base and you become the defenders then.

Oh really? I wonder what the range is. I can remember a few deaths where the enemy was basically running right next to me; or driving up behind me, and I couldn't see them on the radar until the last second. I even went into the theater to check how close they were.

See my previous post ;)

Monocle

What constitutes a close match to you? The defense has to fail 3 times in order to lose, but can win at any stage.
Not getting roflstomped up and down the map, I guess. All I can tell you is most of my games felt like I was running into a wall, whether I was playing offense or defense. Just endless battles where the outcome wasn't even close, getting crossmapped by people with better weapons and having to run aaaaaaaaaall the way back to where most of my team was, etc.

See my previous post ;)
Thanks.

WZ assault is ridiculous for req points. Match took 6 mins and I got 3k from it, should have been doing that from the start. However, it was pretty boring tbh, so still not going to bother with assault very often.

My only issue with Warzone assault is how easy it is to drop the core.

Suicide rushing with a couple power weapons almost always gets you a win.

Trup1aya

Not getting roflstomped up and down the map, I guess. All I can tell you is most of my games felt like I was running into a wall, whether I was playing offense or defense. Just endless battles where the outcome wasn't even close, getting crossmapped by people with better weapons and having to run aaaaaaaaaall the way back to where most of my team was, etc.

Thanks.

I guess I just haven't seen this happen often, not even before the balancing update. Most players have BRs by the second objective... Which is really the only weapon you need to remain competitive.

I've been on defense and gotten steamrolled for the first two objectives, but the third is fairly easy to defend even if you only use req level 3 items.

Anyone else not able to play online today?

Just has a red exclamation mark next to everything and says "there was a problem with the Xbox live party service".

ARGH

Danny 117

Keep getting "Retrieving Stats" screen after finishing games and not getting any REQ points for them... this has happen 3 times today. Pretty annoying.

BraXzy

Keep getting "Retrieving Stats" screen after finishing games and not getting any REQ points for them... this has happen 3 times today. Pretty annoying.

That is a massive pain :/

Your req points should pop up a game or so later, they aren't lost forever. But yeah, hopefully that gets fixed asap.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Recurve ... The person who forged this is considered a cartographer that is good enough to be invited by 343?...

Alrighty.

You know 343 made a lot of changes and added onto the base work of the invited Cartographers, right?

The Cartographers are not Forge gods either (except Nokyard). The role of the CC's is to help push the best community content to the top, not be the best map makers. :)

IHaveIce

Banned

Fated Fire is a pretty good Forger and tends to make experimental maps. Recurve is basically 343's map though, as they took his bases and inversion concept and did their own thing with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-LV5saF-UI

It's a lousy map and they'd have been better off making a 1:1 longbow remake. Hopefully 343 replaces it with his original version.

You know 343 made a lot of changes and added onto the base work of the invited Cartographers, right?

The Cartographers are not Forge gods either (except Nokyard). The role of the CC's is to help push the best community content to the top, not be the best map makers. :)

Ok wow didn't know 343 changed his map... but yeah that sounds like 343 and explains a lot, since their other 2 forge maps that were in at launch are also total garbage ( Pegasus/Orion)

Sorry Fated Fire. Though I still don't even want a true Longbow remake... Give me a good big map instead... like Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom