• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Guys please help me I just got this emblem on a silver pack does this means that I'm done with silver packs?

VU71tAh.png

I think the most notable change is adjusting your inner and outer deadzone to the lowest percentage possible without drift and slow turn. This will base on your controller.

0 inner is what i use and i get no drift when not touching the stick.

Outer is subjective to how far you personally want to move the stick before turning. The higher the percentage the less you have to pegg the stick.

Hope this helps as settings kind of change overtime from playstyle.

Maybe i have no idea what im talking about cause im not onyx :p
Thanks!

Strider

Soooo played several matches with teleporting all over the place...

But then when I check the players GTs and spartan companies on the other team they suggest they are not only from my region but from my state. Like I mentioned I don't think its the server selection messing up NA players right now I think its the other changes they made...

Whatever tho. I'm sure they'll continue adjusting. It'll be the last post I make on the subject.

I notice you guys have some sort of system for the REQ packs, mind explaining? how do you know exactly when you're done with a certain tier of REQ packs?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
plat IV

win, 50-44, 17k 9d 3a
loss, 47-50, 16k 6d 12a
loss, 36-50, 10k 11d 4a
win, 50-26, 16k 2d 5a
win, 50-48, 9k 8d 4a
win, 50-32, 13k 1d 6a
win, 50-29, 6k 6d 8a
loss, 50-28, 12k 14d 3a (2 quitters)
win, 50-44, 13k 10d 8a
win, 50-36, 15k 6d 5a

BraXzy

I notice you guys have some sort of system for the REQ packs, mind explaining? how do you know exactly when you're done with a certain tier of REQ packs?

The most efficient way is to start on Bronze and work up. It's possibly better to start on Silvers but I'm not sure on the exact math.

Silvers give you two permanent unlocks per 5000 REQ points, whereas Golds give you two for 10,000. So until you have finished everything in the Silver tier, its best to open Silvers to get twice as many unlocks for your money. That way, you don't spend double the money and end up receiving two uncommon out of a Gold. Then obviously you move onto gold.

You know when you've got everything out of a pack tier because the permanent unlock card/s change to partial refunds.

500 REQ points back from completed Bronze.
Two 1500 REQ point cards from completed Silver.
Two 3000 REQ point cards from completed Gold.

Leyasu

Banned
Soooo played several matches with teleporting all over the place...

But then when I check the players GTs and spartan companies on the other team they suggest they are not only from my region but from my state. Like I mentioned I don't think its the server selection messing up NA players right now I think its the other changes they made...

Whatever tho. I'm sure they'll continue adjusting. It'll be the last post I make on the subject.

Why do the people that talk about the awful servers on here have to feel guilty, when other problems get discussed to death with no fucks given??

Playing horrific games in halo 5 when they have Microsofts multi billion dollar, worldwide azure network at their disposal should be discussed. It shows their terrible fucking incompetence. Not to mention stupidity.

Don't worry, they are using manpower and resources to continue finding ways to hide the latency problems instead of solving them. Thank the HCFP for this.

Ramirez

I might take the lag complaints more serious if when people posted a video it was actual lag and not misses, lol. Pretty sure we all have to deal with the occasional shit game of teleporting.

Strider

I might take the lag complaints more serious if when people posted a video it was actual lag and not misses, lol. Pretty sure we all have to deal with the occasional shit game of teleporting.

Eeeeehhh I would bet by now you're familiar enough with my posts that you would know that my complaints have only started the past 2-3 days since the most recent update. Before that sure I had random teleporting every now and then but it wasn't often enough to complain... I really think prior to this my connection with Halo 5 has been one of the best fps games I've ever played as far as connection is concerned. With any online game you're gonna run into issues sometimes. That's just the nature of online gaming and I can accept that but recently it really has been a problem.

I took some random clips of the teleporting though when it would sometimes occur such as this one...

http://xboxclips.com/Sensei Strider/d028f470-dbe5-4d91-b076-4510ba19812d/embed

This was 3-4 weeks ago though when it started happening a little bit more frequently. Since the most recent update though it probably happens in 30-40% of my matches.

But yea I'm not saying my bullets aren't registering... That's not my complaint since the update dropped. Players are literally warping around the map, game will freeze for 1-2 seconds randomly, etc.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Grind was real today. Went from Onyx 1800 to Champion 60 in arena. Woot woot. GG Unstable.

Ramirez

Eeeeehhh I would bet by now you're familiar enough with my posts that you would know that my complaints have only started the past 2-3 days since the most recent update. Before that sure I had random teleporting every now and then but it wasn't often enough to complain... I really think prior to this my connection with Halo 5 has been one of the best fps games I've ever played as far as connection is concerned. With any online game you're gonna run into issues sometimes. That's just the nature of online gaming and I can accept that but recently it really has been a problem.

I took some random clips of the teleporting though when it would sometimes occur such as this one...

http://xboxclips.com/Sensei Strider/d028f470-dbe5-4d91-b076-4510ba19812d/embed

This was 3-4 weeks ago though when it started happening a little bit more frequently. Since the most recent update though it probably happens in 30-40% of my matches.

But yea I'm not saying my bullets aren't registering... That's not my complaint since the update dropped. Players are literally warping around the map, game will freeze for 1-2 seconds randomly, etc.

I'm not doubting you, just saying in general, heh.

The most efficient way is to start on Bronze and work up. It's possibly better to start on Silvers but I'm not sure on the exact math.

Silvers give you two permanent unlocks per 5000 REQ points, whereas Golds give you two for 10,000. So until you have finished everything in the Silver tier, its best to open Silvers to get twice as many unlocks for your money. That way, you don't spend double the money and end up receiving two uncommon out of a Gold. Then obviously you move onto gold.

You know when you've got everything out of a pack tier because the permanent unlock card/s change to partial refunds.

500 REQ points back from completed Bronze.
Two 1500 REQ point cards from completed Silver.
Two 3000 REQ point cards from completed Gold.

Ah I see thank you, thats a very efficient method. how did you guys discover this?!

So basically when the system starts paying you back your done with a tier. thats good to know. then I've already maxed out bronze but I should work on silver again never got a max out from that.

Madness

Possibly, but something has been up since whatever they did on Christmas. Before that flawless games, West coast. Then I started to get some matches with lag/rubber banding. But today I had several actual seconds of freezes in Warzone matches. When the Infinity Armory update dropped, for the first time since launch, I actually got disconnected from a Warzone match back to the main menu screen, and when I looked online it's happened to a lot of people, particularly since a few days ago.

On an unrelated note, bought about $20 worth of REQ's. After 2 gold which gave me trash, I just bought like 6 silver and got some decent stuff. I'll probably buy again another day, maybe when the next update drops. Gotta support the team.

daedalius

Can someone recommend good aim settings for someone
me
who sucks at aiming?

I cant find anything that feels comfortable.

pls n thnx

You having this problem too huh?

I bumped up my sens to 4
everything else...
accel 2
inner 8
outer 10

Feels alright. Seems like adjusting the inner helps from your crosshair just going wild with small adjustments.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck you guys are on another level. I still haven't been able to leave diamond since...well, ever.

A week or so ago, I sucked. Watching HCS/XGames lit a flame in me. My individual game is on point, and my team game is getting there. Reversals are becoming a common thing for me in my matches. Some thing clicked and I'm happy. I love this game.

My stats use to suck and now they are significantly better. Like on top of the team better. I don't know why or how, but this turn around was like a flick of a switch. Not only do I slay, but I make some plays.

Feels good man.

Leyasu

Banned

Dude I'm on my phone, but go to page 251 or 253 of the OT2 and look at the gif that I posted. Read the explanation before.

I'll see if I can repost it anyway..

Edit, page 253. I'm trying to repost but it ain't easy on my phone.

Nutter

A week or so ago, I sucked. Watching HCS/XGames lit a flame in me. My individual game is on point, and my team game is getting there. Reversals are becoming a common thing for me in my matches. Some thing clicked and I'm happy. I love this game.

My stats use to suck and now they are significantly better. Like on top of the team better. I don't know why or how, but this turn around was like a flick of a switch. Not only do I slay, but I make some plays.

Feels good man.

I give you 7 days before you will be playing like shit and complain about lag being the main reason.

Holy fuck you guys are on another level. I still haven't been able to leave diamond since...well, ever.

Makes me question something, Does HaloGAF just ever play for fun here? seems all I see talked about here is stats, K/Ds, ranks, etc. and constantly obsessing on staying at a certain level.

I always see arena groups being formed but never custom groups. You guys really just need to chill in some customs sometimes, unwind from this constant worry about staying at your peak 24/7. guess I'm not the competitive type...

Makes me question something, Does HaloGAF just ever play for fun here? seems all I see talked about here is stats, K/Ds, ranks, etc. and constantly obsessing on staying at a certain level.

I always see arena groups being formed but never custom groups. You guys really just need to chill in some customs sometimes, unwind from this constant worry about staying at your peak 24/7. guess I'm not the competitive type...

Pretty sure GAF customs run regularly, but I'm like you, I get a rank and I play and whatevvveeeesss!

Pretty sure GAF customs run regularly, but I'm like you, I get a rank and I play and whatevvveeeesss!

Yeah, I was competitive at one point but due to a technical glitch my old account could never be recovered. my stats, my Halo 2-Reach legacy, my achievements all gone (or frozen in time really the account exists just can never be accessed again). I had to start over from zero with a new account shortly before Halo 4's release and it sucked all the competitiveness out of me.

Now I just play for completion and lols. I still like 100%ing games so at least I still have that drive to finish Halo 5.

PensOwl

Banned
I'm so garbage at swat, lose every encounter, 0.4 kd
team arena I routinely go positive, pull my weight
just don't understand how I can be so bad at swat, it feels so aimless and I die instantly

There are regular customs groups and Warzone groups.

I'm so garbage at swat, lose every encounter, 0.4 kd
team arena I routinely go positive, pull my weight
just don't understand how I can be so bad at swat, it feels so aimless and I die instantly

That's me in any slayer mode, objective I'm an entirely different player.

Madness

Was looking at the beta clips. Eden, even though so many complained about the lighting and how blue team blended in, looked so much better and had a better atmosphere than it does now in my opinion. I would probably have preferred Beta eden now that they made the Blue Team this new sky/powder blue color.

daedalius

I don't know about you, but I take my Warzone play VERY seriously.

/s

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member

I play for fun. I love warzone. We should play that together.

I barely play custom games, but when I do it is something like hide and seek.

PensOwl

Banned
That's me in any slayer mode, objective I'm an entirely different player.

Slayer at least has the power weapons and powerups spawning, there's a little more direction, need to control certain parts of the map and rotate as stuff spawns. I don't mind it but strongholds is definitely my favorite team arena mode

JackHerer

My games tonight where 100% better than they have been the past several days. I only lagged out of one game and had no rubberbanding/weird flashing on spawn at all. Don't know what changed but yesterday I was getting teleporting and DCs every few games.

Watching the X-games has definitely helped me bring my game up a bit more. Watching these players just shows me how much better it's possible to get at this game. I've been playing Halo for over ten years and am pretty good but the teamwork and individual skill with these guys are on another level entirely.

The competetive side of Halo 5 is fantastic but they have done a pretty poor job with the implementation of social playlists and more casual gametypes. Every time I go into arena I feel like I have to play my best and work with my team as closely as possible and really pay a lot of attention to what's going on, remembering power up/weapon spawns, etc and ideally communicating for help, teamshot, and coordinated pushes. It's really fun but also stressful and mentally draining after a while.

I'd like to see a social community Forge playlist that's semi-permanent in which new competetive maps get tested and the cream of the crop later gets moved into other playlists (hopefully with high standards for selection). New maps could be rotated in monthly. Hopefully something like this is in the works.

Edit: oh and Team Arena without Breakout is lovely. Truth CTF all day baby. My favorite gametype/map combo at the moment.

Top Bottom