• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Ramirez

Ramirez that GIF is especially for you..

Like the description says, watch the grenade delay, then count the shots.. Notice that the 4th killing (should be 5) comes when I am well in cover...

Don't forget to check back for your crow... Well done or rare?? Lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189913940&postcount=12617

Yea, I get games like that every day, I just don't cry about it. If I counted every death where I've been behind a wall it would be >1k, meh.

But when people post lag videos and they clearly miss or hit 4 DMR shots, all I can do is laugh. Imagine how many people complaining are doing the exact same thing. I just don't think the problem is no where near as big as some make it out to be.

I sent a bunch all in one email. If I get anymore good shizzle I will send it on.

Inb4 HaloGAF montage 2 is thirty clips of me playing Breakout.

Youre already in 343i montage clips so give us a chance you little shit monster.

Jk youre not a shit monster. :)

Leyasu

Banned
Yea, I get games like that every day, I just don't cry about it. If I counted every death where I've been behind a wall it would be >1k, meh.

But when people post lag videos and they clearly miss or hit 4 DMR shots, all I can do is laugh. Imagine how many people complaining are doing the exact same thing. I just don't think the problem is no where near as big as some make it out to be.

I have hmmm been guilty of posting a GIF where I missed a shot. I hold my hands up.

The vid in the link is an example of what happens when you are not playing locally. 4sk pistol is not how it should be... Everybody knows it, that is why they "cry". Lol especially when it should not be happening with the infrastructure that they have at their disposal.

Anyway, we all have our niggles with this game. What to you might be important may not be for others... Vice versa out of region servers being a prime example. ;-)

Oh yeah, I'm away for the weekend and won't be grinding again until Monday..

I am 17 common reqs short of moving onto silver. cracks me up all the people talking about almost being done or already being done with silver. Ugh I have a long way to go... I don't have the dmr certification, but for some reason have a long shot br level 4 certification (my only uncommon cert) for which i am most grateful.

Trup1aya

I am 17 common reqs short of moving onto silver. cracks me up all the people talking about almost being done or already being done with silver. Ugh I have a long way to go... I don't have the dmr certification, but for some reason have a long shot br level 4 certification (my only uncommon cert) for which i am most grateful.

Don't worry, I'm more than half way done silvers and don't have a DMR cert.

Leyasu

Banned

I'm half way through golds now.. Bump and fucking grind!!

BraXzy

Youre already in 343i montage clips so give us a chance you little shit monster.

Jk youre not a shit monster. :)

I still haven't seen the vid with my Arena Breakout clip. I'll have to find it :D

I don't have that many other good clips, I'm a team player going for the objective every game.
That's a lie.

BraXzy

Are the servers playing up for anyone? Emblems are funky and nothing is loading/retrieving data.

Edit: Restarting the ole' build seemed to have solved it.

E92 M3

I'm seriously hoping they don't put Arena Breakout as Weekend pkaylist today...

iXBi1i6.png

Nowise10

Does anyone know how reliable these stats are? Someone posted them on r/halo
http://imgur.com/a/zmJ1I

470K total ranked players in Team Arena last month seems a lot higher then I ever would have thought, and the game is usually in the 8th - 10th spot on the most played section for X1.

Does anyone know how reliable these stats are? Someone posted them on r/halo
http://imgur.com/a/zmJ1I

470K total ranked players in Team Arena last month seems a lot higher then I ever would have thought, and the game is usually in the 8th - 10th spot on the most played section for X1.

You only have to play 10 games.. I have 2 crienda who only played 10 games in January and never came back that month.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I played 19 games in the pre season then 195 in January. Wish I would have played more in the preseason.

edit: I'm lucky at got my DMR is the SR 30's

Don't worry, I'm more than half way done silvers and don't have a DMR cert.
I'm half way through golds now.. Bump and fucking grind!!
lol. I switched over to only getting bronze packs and at first was skeptical, but the unlocks come in quite often and I'm pretty sure that the drop rate is very close to 50% or just under. Which means that you get more unlocks by going bronze than silver - that is if you want to get all the commons out of the way.

After more thinking, it's gonna be long enough before unlocking everything that I might occasionally dip into the gold packs just for the chance to get an occasional legendary. But I'll mainly stick to the silver packs.

Im guessing tonight's blog post will be pretty tame, probably just X-Games highlights. But maybe sneak peek of concept art for next updates's remix?

Karl2177

Greater than a thousand and you don't see that as a problem that could be addressed?

So I have played a bunch of mp since the new map came out, spread over 3 different nights and I havent gotten it one single time yet. I dont understand why it hasnt come up for me yet, you would think that they would weight the new content more heavily. I saw the new warzone map a few times and I barely even play warzone.

Ramirez

Can someone explain to me how the warzone armor mods work? Do i have to activate those manually or are they in effect as soon as the game starts?
7 days without halo till the 12th, welp.
Good luck man. Tough times ahead.

EDIT:
So I have played a bunch of mp since the new map came out, spread over 3 different nights and I havent gotten it one single time yet. I dont understand why it hasnt come up for me yet, you would think that they would weight the new content more heavily. I saw the new warzone map a few times and I barely even play warzone.
What playlists are you jumping into? I do mainly slayer and have been getting Riptide roughly 50% of the matches.

BraXzy

I usually end super middle of the road when playing FFA but I just won my last match and had an Overkill to boot. I'm gonna chalk it up to EU prime time and that the NA/EU divide is real xD

Can someone explain to me how the warzone armor mods work? Do i have to activate those manually or are they in effect as soon as the game starts?

Good luck man. Tough times ahead.

EDIT:

What playlists are you jumping into? I do mainly slayer and have been getting Riptide roughly 50% of the matches.

I do a mix of slayer and team arena, but mostly team arena. I have played like 6 or 7 hours of mp since it came out and I havent gotten it once. My wife got it her first match, she played that match by herself, but since then every match has been with me and she hasnt gotten it either. Man this is so annoying.

Leyasu

Banned
Dude, this has been a problem in every MP game ever, P2P or Dedicated Servers. There is no magical fix when these systems are trying to get you a match quickly and around your skill level.

Anyways, my 5 year old got his first kill in Halo MP! A regular Elzar on the sticks.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram+Jr/1430f1c5-ade3-4624-91cf-0865d8afd446

They could slow down matchmaking speed, keep the skill matching and make quality more consistent easily. I agree that there is no 100% fix, but titanfall showed alot of people that consistent quality is possible. Even halo 5 gives a top tier experience quite often.... For me atleast.

My gf is going to resist all fps's for our boy for quite a while I think.

Akai__

Isn't Bravo, Tashi, etc. in Germany for those European Finals? If so, I doubt we will get a Bulletin today, unless somebody else writes it or if Bravo already prepared something.

AYY you're experiencing what I've been experiencing. Quiting the game and getting back on should give them all too you.

Done. I have only received 700 REQ points...

belushy

Banned
Anyone else feel like aim assist will randomly turn off between games or even in game? Having a rough time today but I'm definitely getting hitmarkers...

Isn't Bravo, Tashi, etc. in Germany for those European Finals? If so, I doubt we will get a Bulletin today, unless somebody else writes it or if Bravo already prepared something.

Done. I have only received 700 REQ points...

Nooo, I want some god damn news!!! :(

Ramirez

They could slow down matchmaking speed, keep the skill matching and make quality more consistent easily. I agree that there is no 100% fix, but titanfall showed alot of people that consistent quality is possible. Even halo 5 gives a top tier experience quite often.... For me atleast.

My gf is going to resist all fps's for our boy for quite a while I think.

But someone mentioned here the other day that TF has no skill matching. Destiny's ToO first season was the same, it favored connection over everything and was a very smooth experience. But the matches were woefully lopsided. Perhaps when a social playlist is introduced it will favor connection above everything and we can see the difference.

Anyone else feel like aim assist will randomly turn off between games or even in game? Having a rough time today but I'm definitely getting hitmarkers...

I think you connection to a game directly effects your aim, some games for me it feels sluggish, and others it feels smooth. I've found that the best way to really tell how well your connection is to the game is too look at your shield/sprint bar as it's dropping, mine is usually choppy as shit when I play with my West Coast people at night. There's not much I can expect in that situation though, I'm choosing to play with 3 people on the other side of the country, heh.

I liked Arena breakout, though I'm not too upset with its removal from Team Arena. I'd like to see a weekly rotation of Breakout and Arena Breakout where they swap out the playlist each week.

Why isn't 2v2 a permanent playlist yet? It's a staple. Who cares about population and a "focused experience?" Whatever happened to a variety of fun?

>_<

Top Bottom