• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I finally hit SR 117!

3ehtTBY.png

I am Master Chief.

You having this problem too huh?

I bumped up my sens to 4
everything else...
accel 2
inner 8
outer 10

Feels alright. Seems like adjusting the inner helps from your crosshair just going wild with small adjustments.

If you want the aiming to feel similar to Halo 2/3 I would also suggest trying out acceleration 5. Sensitivity at whatever you usually play at, change the inner deadzone to 0 and increase until you feel comfortable. Very comfortable if not always the most versatile.

Trup1aya

A couple observations I had this morning:

I'm never gonna get past silver packs... There is just an ungodly number of Rare emblems (fuck these emblems, 343. There's no no joy in getting these in a req pack. The typical player will only ever use a handful of them, but their are 254 Screwing up your chances of getting something useful. Might as well replace them with a "sorry, this silver pack yielded no perm items. Please try again" message. I'd find that LESS offensive)

I'm technically not past bronze packs. I still have 6 common items to unlock including both common assassinations. I've opened so many silvers; how lucky must I be to have NEVER gotten a common item in one.

My skill level continues to fluctuate wildly due to the fact that I can't play regularly. On weekends in a god. When I try to sneak in games during the week, my teammates question how I got my rank.

I like riptide. I don't understand the hatred, though I've only played it a few times.

There's heaps of emblems which are unlocked through commendations... I had this concern also, knocked over the last few weapons/armours and I got the req refund.

Madness

If you want the aiming to feel similar to Halo 2/3 I would also suggest trying out acceleration 5. Sensitivity at whatever you usually play at, change the inner deadzone to 0 and increase until you feel comfortable. Very comfortable if not always the most versatile.

This is why Halo 5 needed Firefight, I could've loaded up Gruntpocalypse or something and tried all sorts of new controls. I like what I'm using which is 6 3 and default deadzones. But I want to know how I can easily tell if I have that drift shit, whether it's on my sunset white controller, or my elite etc.

minx

Arena is so garbage solo. Match after match playing with quitters. It's not even when we are getting stomped. It's at the beginning of the match. 343 needs to take away req pints for quitters. End of story.

jfoul

This is why Halo 5 needed Firefight, I could've loaded up Gruntpocalypse or something and tried all sorts of new controls. I like what I'm using which is 6 3 and default deadzones. But I want to know how I can easily tell if I have that drift shit, whether it's on my sunset white controller, or my elite etc.

I really wish this game had Firefight. It was the only thing that I played in reach after Invasion ended up being a turd. I always feel like I need to be in try-hard mode because everybody else is. I just want to chill out and exhale once in awhile with 4 player co-op mp. We don't even have co-op campaign matching making with scoring.

jfoul

Arena is so garbage solo. Match after match playing with quitters. It's not even when we are getting stomped. It's at the beginning of the match. 343 needs to take away req pints for quitters. End of story.

Something needs to happen. Maybe add a req bonus for consecutive matches played? If a player quits, give a vote option to end the game or restart the game by filling the empty slots?

All Win & Gambit cards should be removed, just have Jackpot & Boost. The cards should at least go back into your inventory if the condition isn't met. It sucks when you use a card and it's wasted because your team has quitters or you're getting dunked on by a team. I think I have around 8 ultra rare win cards in my inventory because I've been burned using them before.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I give you 7 days before you will be playing like shit and complain about lag being the main reason.

Nah playing a low lag match is pure bliss, even if you get wrecked you know why, kinda like Bloodborne. You can learn and adjust. I am still pissed for losing a gunfight, but you know it was your bad.

Are nades a one hit kill by the way? I seem to die a lot from full shields when I come close to one

E92 M3

Grind was real today. Went from Onyx 1800 to Champion 60 in arena. Woot woot. GG Unstable.

Thanks! I rarely run with a team online, so it was nice to get some practice in so to speak in the big leagues hehe, cheers for having me aboard.

A mixture of figuring out as you go and peeps on Reddit doing the math :)

Well didn't you guys have fun >.>

I give you 7 days before you will be playing like shit and complain about lag being the main reason.

He is one of the best Halo players I know lol

Loomba

You guys think they will put up the HCS pack to buy again when the main tourney is on? I didn't catch it last time but I'd like the items.

That grenade is much more detailed than I would have assumed

Even the Marine's faces have some good detail.

Telling you guys, the whole "noise" around the price of 60fps for Halo 5 really obscured how technically solid this game is. 343 deserve major kudos for having the balls to eschew the normal purrty grafix noise and give us a game that feels at solid as it looks.

Now if they could just hit their stride and start delivering on all fronts, 343 would be a monstrous force.

Started my gaming session one win from Diamond six and I ended it one loss from losing Diamond four. It started with literally no progression being made. I’d win and game then I’d lose a game. Eventually I started to get quitters on my team and I lost four in a row, then it went back to the win one then lose one. I played around 15 or so games like this before I stopped. On the bright side most of the matches were fairly close, five or so kill differences, a couple were even 50-49. So I can’t really complain, as long as the games are close and somewhat competitive I don’t mind losing.

This was probably the only odd match I played:

Also I’m pretty sure I played against a former pro. It was a brand new account with ridiculous stats. That game was his only loss so far.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/was mlg once

Probably my best Halo5 moment yet... (I'm quite bad so this is amazing for me lol)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/14510229
Clutch save!

I've got some new clips, but nothing special. The first one is probably the easiest triple kill with the sniper rifle you could ever get:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14504433

Here's an okay snipe followed by a major fail on Plaza.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14504402

I can't say enough how much i love pulse grenades. The clip isn't anything special. I just love recording everything now.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14504382

EDIT:
OMG love the first one haha. out of no where!

daedalius

0 inner felt the worst out of everything I tried.

It felt NOTHING like previous Halo's. It was way too squirrely.

Trup1aya

0 inner felt the worst out of everything I tried.

It felt NOTHING like previous Halo's. It was way too squirrely.

If zero inner is screwing with you, are you sure you aren't having a controller hardware issue? It's should serve to make controls much more responsive.

I'd say start with 0 inner, 2 accel, 3 sensitivity, and 0 outer.

Then adjust sensitivity if you want your cursor to move faster, and increase outer if you'd like to start turning prior to pegging you stick to the outer edge

im_dany

I should be 4 packs away from completing Silvers, still debating whetever the Arena Bundle is worth it for me. They confirmed it's only cosmetic items, right? I don't want to spend 25€ and pull 2 useless visors and positions each week for 7 weeks lol

Caja 117

If zero inner is screwing with you, are you sure you aren't having a controller hardware issue? It's should serve to make controls much more responsive.

I'd say start with 0 inner, 2 accel, 3 sensitivity, and 0 outer.

Then adjust sensitivity if you want your cursor to move faster, and increase outer if you'd like to start turning prior to pegging you stick to the outer edge
Speaking of this, can someone tell me some config for someone that have an elite? I feel that the inner and outer setting really don't have that much of an impact with the elite

Trup1aya

Speaking of this, can someone tell me some config for someone that have an elite? I feel that the inner and outer setting really don't have that much of an impact with the elite

Inner will have an effect regardless. If u have the deadzone set to anything other than 0, there will be no input registered until you reach a specific distance from center.

You can adjust curves to simulate or lessen the effects of dead zones, but for best results, you should set both deadzones to zero, and let the elite handle the rest.

Top Bottom