• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i really liked antifreeze when it was new but it is waaaaay too easy to set up shop in the middle of the map, control enemy spawns and just dong. which is fun, unless you are the one being donged on. i think a few tweaks to layout to reduce the overall effectiveness of mid, power weapon spawns, and revised respawns could fix it relatively easily.

im_dany

I got a RP boost from a silver but I still need an uncommon emblem, aren't commendation ones only rare? It's the cone one btw

Madness

I mean it takes them less than a month to implement Forge Breakout maps into a playlist for testing and then integrates them into the overall playlist, and yet the same cannot happen for Slayer or BTB as quick? Some people's excuse actually was that you don't want to have people turned off by a map altogether. But that didn't happen with the Breakout maps and they kept all of them in.

So what's taking so long with 4v4 Community Slayer unranked? Same goes for BTB. We first saw the Pit Breakout map like a month ago and it's now in the playlist for good, and yet tons of cartographers and other forgers have had solid maps done for the same amount of time.

Akai__

I got a RP boost from a silver but I still need an uncommon emblem, aren't commendation ones only rare? It's the cone one btw

Silver is everything from Common up to Rare. Excluded are Emblems that can only be unlocked via Commendations and the Cone Emblem is unlocked by finishing the SPNKr Commendation.

Can't wait to play some Game Day Slayer
I'll be playing XCOM 2.

I am happy to hear about Community BTB though.

JackHerer

I mean it takes them less than a month to implement Forge Breakout maps into a playlist for testing and then integrates them into the overall playlist, and yet the same cannot happen for Slayer or BTB as quick? Some people's excuse actually was that you don't want to have people turned off by a map altogether. But that didn't happen with the Breakout maps and they kept all of them in.

So what's taking so long with 4v4 Community Slayer unranked? Same goes for BTB. We first saw the Pit Breakout map like a month ago and it's now in the playlist for good, and yet tons of cartographers and other forgers have had solid maps done for the same amount of time.

It makes no sense at all that they focused on a community breakout playlist and prioritized that over the actual popular modes. Honestly makes me wonder who the hell is calling the shots over at 343 when it comes to this stuff.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It makes no sense at all that they focused on a community breakout playlist and prioritized that over the actual popular modes. Honestly makes me wonder who the hell is calling the shots over at 343 when it comes to this stuff.

i wonder if it has to do with the amount of basic testing to make sure the map isnt utterly broken. breakout does not have respawns at all and only a few pick ups, which makes it MUCH easier for 343 to verify its not obviously broken then something like a typical map.

BraXzy

i wonder if it has to do with the amount of basic testing to make sure the map isnt utterly broken. breakout does not have respawns at all and only a few pick ups, which makes it MUCH easier for 343 to verify its not obviously broken then something like a typical map.

Has anyone played Breakout since the update? One thing I noticed when they were in the Community list, a lot had things like intro cinematics/outro's still to sort. Like they'd clip through walls and stuff. Has that been fixed?

Trup1aya

That would've been in the HCS if pro's weren't so against Breakout. So it got removed from HCS and now Team Arena?

First, Breakout was in HCS and Team Arena
Then, Breakout was taken out of Team Arena, but it stayed in HCS. At this point Team Arena was no longer the HCS playlist.
Then, Arena Breakout was a hit during the weekend social and put into Team Arena. Arena Breakout was never added to HCS though, so TA remains a non-HCS playlist.

Now, Arena Breakout is removed from TA, so is currently an HCS playlist. But the precedent has already been set to allow this playlist to differ from HCS.

im_dany

Silver is everything from Common up to Rare. Excluded are Emblems that can only be unlocked via Commendations and the Cone Emblem is unlocked by finishing the SPNKr Commendation.

But every other commendation gives a rare emblem afaik, why did they choose to make it uncommon? To piss people off? lol

BraXzy

unlocking ultra rares with every gold pack

FeelsGoodMan

I've been getting the odd Legendary creep in now! It's awesome, except when it's an emblem or another Mantis variant. But still.. That H2 BR has got to be close right?!

*Looks at customisation left*

50+ helmets, 50+ armour.. Oh.

Ramirez

It's frustrating, but I'm sure BO maps not having respawns makes it much easier and quicker to implement them. I was hoping this social playlist would have a few in it, but no dice, sucks.

JackHerer

Only two mythic weapons I don't have certs for are the silenced pistol and prophet's bane. Nornfang is beastly. You feel like a god while you have it.... until someone sneaks up on you. Even then it's easier to snapshot with than other snipers.

Too bad I'm kind of over Warzone at this point. The matches can be extremely boring. The only thing I enjoy at this point is using the OP weapons. Oh and the H2 BR is really nice. Once I get to level 4 I never drop it. The magnetism is excessive but that's part of the fun. It makes it more viable for long range despite the lower zoom.

Top Bottom