• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

Updated January CSR distributions
http://m.imgur.com/a/zmJ1I

At least 417,000 people ranked in team slayer last season. Sounds like a healthy enough player base to me...

Looks like since launch only 1.2million people touched Arena since launch.

Either everyone is in Warzone or they are missing out on this kickass MP game completely...

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/695405253949165572

920ac5240a8b2aa7cac1ee14b382f935.png

Not news, but ok..

Caja 117

They could slow down matchmaking speed, keep the skill matching and make quality more consistent easily. I agree that there is no 100% fix, but titanfall showed alot of people that consistent quality is possible. Even halo 5 gives a top tier experience quite often.... For me atleast.

My gf is going to resist all fps's for our boy for quite a while I think.

Why take away something that is working perfectly fine (matchmaking Speed and trueskill matchs) to put a partial solution to a problem that doesn't always happens?, partial meaning that even after such solution people would still get laggy matches.

Have they said anything about a team objectives playlist? I want a playlist without slayer, and with weirder stuff like odd ball and such.

Tawpgun

I said it before and I'll say it again.

The "weekend" rotational playlists should be a week long. There should always be a social playlist that changes every week

BraXzy

I said it before and I'll say it again.

The "weekend" rotational playlists should be a week long. There should always be a social playlist that changes every week

That'd be a better solution to what there is now, but I still wish things like Snipers and Oubles weren't a part of the "weekend" pool. Doubles at least.

Guess we'll never get to vote again.

I forgot that was a thing. I guess not any time soon. Maybe once there are more gametypes to pick from? :3

Right now my favorite weapon pairing that i have access to is the long shot BR with the SMG. Works really well.

That'd be a better solution to what there is now, but I still wish things like Snipers and Oubles weren't a part of the "weekend" pool. Doubles at least.

I forgot that was a thing. I guess not any time soon. Maybe once there are more gametypes to pick from? :3
I miss multi-team. I guess they need to hurry up and add KoTH and Oddball before implementing it though.

Ryde3

I think Team Arena needs to replaced with Team Objective when the ball game types come.

I agree with a post above saying that there should be weekly playlists, not weekend.

Lastly I really wish we had a permanent Doubles playlist, Multi Team wouldn't be bad either.

Also, when are we getting Community Slayer/Arena maps?! I want to play some new stuff (Loving Riptide and I'm one of the few that enjoys Overgrowth it seems) I hope the rumors of 3 new Arena maps this month are true.

BraXzy

I think Team Arena needs to replaced with Team Objective when the ball game types come.

It may happen, but it won't happen before the HCS finals. Team Arena is intended to have exact map and mode set ups of the HCS tournaments for pro's to practice in. Unless I'm misremembering.

Ramirez

I agree with a post above saying that there should be weekly playlists, not weekend.

Lastly I really wish we had a permanent Doubles playlist, Multi Team wouldn't be bad either.

Also, when are we getting Community Slayer/Arena maps?! I want to play some new stuff (Loving Riptide and I'm one of the few that enjoys Overgrowth it seems) I hope the rumors of 3 new Arena maps this month are true.

Team Arena is the HCS playlist, it's not going anywhere and the only changes in it will be reflected by what the pros want to play at the events.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I stay in Arena because I like objectives, but the duplication between it and Team Slayer has always struck me as odd.

Ryde3

Team Arena is the HCS playlist, it's not going anywhere and the only changes in it will be reflected by what the pros want to play at the events.

Very good point, I guess I just feel like if we had Team Arena, Team Slayer and Team Objective it'd be a little redundant, but I don't hate Slayer being in Arena, but I am glad they're removing Breakout!

Trup1aya

It may happen, but it won't happen before the HCS finals. Team Arena is intended to have exact map and mode set ups of the HCS tournaments for pro's to practice in. Unless I'm misremembering.

That changed when Arena Breakout was added. Team arena might as well be the objective play list

it hurts to call it "game day slayer" because of the missed opportunity to have any sort of ball game in halo 5.

maybe some sort of....odd.....ball...

JackHerer

That's a lovely rumor but is there any indication it's true or are people just talking out of their asses? To get three new arena maps at once would be a very nice treat. I'd still rather get gametypes. We know there is at least one new arena map and the gravity hammer is coming. With that we should be getting the ball style game types so hopefully oddball, grifball, and assault (maybe even ricochet?)

Ryde3

That's a lovely rumor but is there any indication it's true or are people just talking out of their asses? To get three new arena maps at once would be a very nice treat. I'd still rather get gametypes. We know there is at least one new arena map and the gravity hammer is coming. With that we should be getting the ball style game types so hopefully oddball, grifball, and assault (maybe even ricochet?)

I imagine if they do release 3 maps (95% certain that was mention on a HCS stream, or the Sprint?) they'll do it along side the Arena REQ Bundle, and the new Gametypes.

Would be a very nice stimulus package! I really hope I'm not mistaken.

singhr1

it hurts to call it "game day slayer" because of the missed opportunity to have any sort of ball game in halo 5.

maybe some sort of....odd.....ball...

They put ricochet on Football maps in Halo 4 two years ago for Seahawks v. Broncos if anyone remembers. I thought it was a good time. Orange team v. Green team and everything

JackHerer

Maps are apparently just copy past from slayer and made 5v5.... They couldn't at least change up the weapons somehow. Like add the sniper to regret instead of fuel rod and the hydra on Truth, etc. could be a nice change of pace.

Also 5v5 doesn't play very well on these maps.

Maps are apparently just copy past from slayer and made 5v5.... They couldn't at least change up the weapons somehow. Like add the sniper to regret instead of fuel rod and the hydra on Truth, etc. could be a nice change of pace.

Just played Coliseum. It was a shitshow. All of the Slayer maps are just too cramped in this game.

Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I was hoping for at least something interesting and new this weekend.

Top Bottom