• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

too late - opened them all already ;)

yeah 200 plus 12% here in BC.

had fun opening them all today 8D

giphy.gif

Akai__

On a more serious note, is it normal be level 70 in Halo 5 and not have a single DMR yet. I feel like every other person is using one in Warzone now.

Got my first arround 65. I think it all depends on when you make the jump to buying Silvers. After I opened 6 Bronze packs in a row and nothing was inside them, I realized that I just wasted 6x1250 REQ points and could have used that to buy 2 guaranteed unlocks.

Also:
@brav said:
Closing in on 3AM here in Germany. This week's community update sits at just over 4,000 words and draws quite near.

Trup1aya

Just tried to play halo with my lil bro. It says that none of the playlists are suitable for my group. Does that mean he's been banned? How do we figure out the length if so?

I had about 4 dmr variants by level 60.

mind you, I was grinding bronze, then silver packs in proper succession - and selling every single sellable req card to afford new packs faster.

this really helped me get through silvers fast.

Noobcraft

Got my first arround 65. I think it all depends on when you make the jump to buying Silvers. After I opened 6 Bronze packs in a row and nothing was inside them, I realized that I just wasted 6x1250 REQ points and could have used that to buy 2 guaranteed unlocks.
Are DMRs in silver packs? I finally finished opening bronzes at level 45

Madness

Just went 30-5 in my first SS match and lost by 5.

Social Halo, #weback!

I didn't know kids this bad existed in H5.

I told you, open up the TJ jansport and carry the rest of us. More than likely we'll all weigh you down to where you will probably go 35-2 against Silvers and Golds.

belushy

Banned
Oh man 343 thank you!!!!!

Then there are options that transform the mode into something totally different from Assault. You can individually enable or disable ball scoring for when it’s being carried and when it’s been thrown, with separate delivery times and point values for each. You can also turn on scoring just for holding the ball, including setting how often you get points for holding and how many points you get.

These are the options we need for CTF and Strongholds as well.

belushy

Banned
So why is Oddball not a gametype they mention, when they give you the options to turn it into Oddball?

I think they made direct support for Assault on all maps. Oddball can be made in the options but I'm guessing they either had to choose one to work on to get it out in time.

Madness

Is the Grifball court the Ice Rink that was posted somewhere else? I think this next month will go a long way towards bringing some zanyness and social fun back to the MP beyond just what happens in Warzone.

Can't wait till Warzone creations/sandbox are able to be used in Arena. Imagine Infection with things like advanced sensors and silencers, prophets bane, etc. Legendary Snipers, Halo 2 BR SWAT etc.

Assault sounds awesome. Hope it plays well, sounds like they put a lot of time into it. Still wish they had mentioned Oddball or at least if it will be included in Team Arena.

blamite

Good update! Not a lot of new information but I like hen the developers rite about the thought process of designing stuff. Reminds me of when Bungie's Weekly Updates were good.

I don't know if I like the bomb carrier having a one-hit kill melee though. It's probably fine for Oddball, or at least FFA Oddball, but I've always thought bomb carriers should have to use their team for protection rather than an overpowered melee. But maybe with H5's faster pace of movement it'l be fine?

Actually it's something. I liked reading the update. Not much since we might only get the update late February. So a more in depth update next week and 2 weeks from now the stream.

Fuck. Yes. Assault. 343i I love you, although there is one major task for you in that playlist/variant still...getting the population to love it. Good luck :) Please forever remain a permanent variant or playlist.

How people can say that update is nothing is beyond me. At least they've put some playtesting and freshness on assault.

Fuck. Yes. Assault. 343i I love you, although there is one major task for you in that playlist/variant still...getting the population to love it. Good luck :) Please forever remain a permanent variant or playlist.

How people can say that update is nothing is beyond me. At least they've put some playtesting and freshness on assault.

The way he talked they are working on Assault for a few months.
It's sad they didn't start working early, but I like them for trying to innovate Assault a little.

was ricochet not well received?

Being an objective addict I love Ricochet. They could have mashed Assault and Ricochet together for a new take on things e.g. you have to arm the bomb if you walk it but you can throw it in for a cheap quick score. Keep OHK, keep spotting, double thrust is good but may make scoring too easy.

Now they just need to update WZ to include some assault variants or unlocks during the game e.g. instead of blowing up the core you receive a bomb at your base to arm at the enemies (super long respawn timer for the bomb).

So I was looking on Waypoint about the max spartan rank being 152. It seems the closest person is 148. They have over 60k kills with 25 days of playtime and they aren't even a quarter of the way through 148 lol. This is Reach level grinding, but you don't get a cool rank at the end!

Magwik

Banned
So I was looking on Waypoint about the max spartan rank being 152. It seems the closest person is 148. They have over 60k kills with 25 days of playtime and they aren't even a quarter of the way through 148 lol. This is Reach level grinding, but you don't get a cool rank at the end!
Oh hey that must be the 148 we ran into in Warzone on the weekend
:(

Top Bottom