• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

Also probably because no one else really streaming. Even the official Halo twitch isn't streaming any of these matches. But they're through to the top 32 now.

Madness

so are they playing an official game right now or are they inbetween matches?

They're really behind others because the other teams are not as good and taking a long time. They're waiting on the winner between Spock & A vs. Y'all lo.

When they're in a custom match you know they're playing as part of the LCQ.

Edit: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegamin...urnament/online-last-chance-qualifier/bracket

Here is the bracket. There is a lot of top guys on other teams too, so will be really tense when it gets to the 8v8, 4v4, 2v2 etc.

What are there names on twitch? I don't follow them...

Also what is a green wall?

Edit: just got banned for my second or third quit since the game came out. It was the fifth laggy game in a row, and it was over growth slayer... I think I deserve some mercy!

I went from plat 6 down to plat 1 again today cause of this lag :/

klaus

Just finished a WZ game with 6 people left on my side, really looking forward to joining the Gaf team ;)

PS: My GT is Klabauterklaus if a kind soul is willing to invite me once the party starts.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda hoping Optic wins... Simply because it would help with viewership...

They'll make it. Player composition is legit.

Then again I've never seen the twins play Halo 5. Guess this will be my first.

Madness

You know Halo is returning when even the Sudds pull in over 600 viewers. Can't imagine the run up to finals.

So crazy 343 Pro Team rarely streams. Hecz from OpTic spoke the truth. You can't say the pro scene is dead if all you do is talk shit on Twitter, stream the night before tournaments, play and then log off for days/weeks at a time.

Trup1aya

They didn't control rockets and still out slayed them. That says a lot.

True, but they did give up a 2-0 run in CTF.

Anyway, Optic did out class them when they needed to.

On another note, Why isnt the LCQ being officially broadcasted?

MaGlock

So I did my placement matches with a team. Plat 5 in slayer plat 4 in arena. One friend diamond 1 and two others gold one. One was his first day playing. We lost every strongholds game we played feelsbadman

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
True, but they did give up a 2-0 run in CTF.

Anyway, Optic did out class them when they needed to.

On another note, Why isnt the LCQ being officially broadcasted?

That's cause they didn't do a good job controlling power weapons. They controlled the Rig and you saw how lopsided that was. They have to work on those timers. A good coach will remedy that.

For a team to control rockets and not control the map says that team doesn't know when to make plays or how to work the map.

Caja 117

Having dedicated sure have its positive, have 7 friends in DOminican Republic playing on LAN and I can join them from The east coast, so far no lag.

Akai__

The Warzone games are crazy. We had 3 Mantis, 2 Phaeton, several Warthogs and Banshees. lol

Then on the other hand... We now play Urban for the 4th time.

Strider

Social Slayer was fun and relaxing for like 3 games then the skill based MM really started to show and then it was just a 5v5 clusterfuck of sweaty matches. Might as well just play ranked lol

Social Slayer was fun and relaxing for like 3 games then the skill based MM really started to show and then it was just a 5v5 clusterfuck of sweaty matches. Might as well just play ranked lol

My matches have been really unfair and people leave, so I'm not seeing advantages in social playlist.

im_dany

We are live again.

Like I said, message me if you want to join or just join the game and the party.

Just wanted to say sorry for not joining the party earlier, I had time just for two quick matches before leaving for dinner (can't be late for pizza) and joined the game to help win those matches.
Hope I have more time the next time a session like this happens, big groups can be great at Warzone Assault games.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Optic has trouble controlling items on the map. Things like ov and camo are huge, if they want to get far, they are going to have to fix that asap. They won the slayer, but controlling camo would have made it less stressful on them. They did a good job of shutting down one the other team's camo grab, but still.

I think I just need to stop playing Arena at late hours 12 am to 6 am (PST) because that's when I get my really bad games (lag and bad teammates). Probably has something to do with the lack of players at that time, so I get matched with people outside my region and skill levels. Playing during the day and at prime times, I don't have any issues with the game. I actually get a lot of good games like this one:

Screenshot-Original.png

Akai__

Just wanted to say sorry for not joining the party earlier, I had time just for two quick matches before leaving for dinner (can't be late for pizza) and joined the game to help win those matches.
Hope I have more time the next time a session like this happens, big groups can be great at Warzone Assault games.

It's completely fine. Don't worry. :)

Madness

What a match! Flame is pulling in almost 19k viewers. #Greenwall

Just shows how important OpTic is to Halo as well. Would suck if OG is not in Regionals/HWC finals.

mo60

I love killing tankmaster rok with my plasma pistol.Will be back in about an hour to play more warzone with gaf.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
What a match! Flame is pulling in almost 19k viewers. #Greenwall

Just shows how important OpTic is to Halo as well. Would suck if OG is not in Regionals/HWC finals.

That W they took was one tough one. They outslay their opposition, but they don't control things, or make opportune plays. Spend more time killing than doing the objective. lol

Flame helping his team as the carrier towards the end was a smart play. It help them secure the recover.

Trup1aya

That W they took was one tough one. They outslay their opposition, but they don't control things, or make opportune plays. Spend more time killing than doing the objective. lol

Flame helping his team as the carrier towards the end was a smart play. It help them secure the recover.

Yeah, IF they make it out of this tourney, they have a TON of work to do if the want to compete with the likes EG, CLG, RNG, or Allegiance

On another note, it's freshing to see people in flame's Chat coming to the realization that Halo is damn good. I saw quite a few people mention that they may be playing the wrong shooter.

Cross posting from the Forge OT - (hope no one minds)

Current progress on a 2v2 map I've been playing around with. Just looking to gather some feedback on the design, aesthetics, and layout. Please keep in mind, it's for 2 v 2 and nothing else. I'd really appreciate some of the higher level players giving it a whirl too, just to see how it plays for the super competitive among us.

Walkthrough video is available for your viewing pleasure here also. :)

Beautiful. Very nice work. I like the "purity" of it.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, IF they make it out of this tourney, they have a TON of work to do if the want to compete with the likes EG, CLG, RNG, or Allegiance

On another note, it's freshing to see people in flame's Chat coming to the realization that Halo is damn good. I saw quite a few people mention that they may be playing the wrong shooter.

If indeed. If they even want to make it out of this tourney, they are going to have to do a better job keeping track of things now. Their last match gave them a tough time, I do not want to even know what their coming matches will look like. lol

I am unfamiliar with the Optic Organization, but seeing Flame pull this many viewers makes me want them to win cause this is healthy for Halo. They better step their game up for the coming matches.

Top Bottom