• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

If indeed. If they even want to make it out of this tourney, they are going to have to do a better job keeping track of things now. Their last match gave them a tough time, I do not want to even know what their coming matches will look like. lol

]I am unfamiliar with the Optic Organization, but seeing Flame pull this many viewers makes me want them to win cause this is healthy for Halo.They better step their game up for the coming matches.

That's exactly why I'm rooting. Countless people in their chat sound surprised that the game is this good. Might be new fans of the game!

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
That's exactly why I'm rooting. Countless people in their chat sound surprised that the game is this good. Might be new fans of the game!

Yup this is true. I finally understand when someone said "green wall". lol

I will remind the people under your watch, the SC was drowning in level 1-2 mediocrity!

I can't deny that much, you and Tawp put in some work.

I myself...

tumblr_l7p28elxfi1qat25fo1_500.jpg

Madness

Yup this is true. I finally understand when someone said "green wall". lol

Yeah, they're like the top Call of Duty organization now, one of the top orgs overall especially for consoles. They have a large reach and viewerbase that supports each other over consoles/games. A lot of people who don't even play Halo or have Xbox One are probably watching solely because it's OpTic.

That's why it'd suck if they're out. All the OpTic guys also have the most followers, most video views. Even former Halo pros like Nadeshot, Crimsix and FormaL are on Cod with OpTic.

Since i got my diamond and i dont have a team. Getting onyx is whatever now.

Anyone else feel like once thwy reach a certain rank they just dont care anymore? Like care about rank and just wanna play.

Trup1aya

Optic almost had an EG caliber choke on Plaza slayer... The same map/gametype that cost EG a qualifier and 1st seed

Same final score

Ramirez

Anyone else feel like once thwy reach a certain rank they just dont care anymore? Like care about rank and just wanna play.

I like the ranks being there, but I don't really care about it. If you're not playing on the circuit, it means fuck all, and MM rank doesn't even mean anything to them.

It's still fun to know where you land on the spectrum though.

I care in the sense that I want to get onyx, but I also know that it's not easy without playing on a full team so I don't get too worked up. I guess I care but not a lot.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they're like the top Call of Duty organization now, one of the top orgs overall especially for consoles. They have a large reach and viewerbase that supports each other over consoles/games. A lot of people who don't even play Halo or have Xbox One are probably watching solely because it's OpTic.

That's why it'd suck if they're out. All the OpTic guys also have the most followers, most video views. Even former Halo pros like Nadeshot, Crimsix and FormaL are on Cod with OpTic.

I was just looking them up. Amazing. The mansion they play in is awesome.

Optic almost had an EG caliber choke on Plaza slayer... The same map/gametype that cost EG a qualifier and 1st seed

Same final score

Yea! I was thinking that. haha

Ranks are kind of whatever for me now. I’d like to hit Onyx this season, just because I’m almost here (been bouncing between Diamond 4 and 5 the past few days). However, it’s like why do I even care? I mean they are going to get reset in a month and there is no incentive on what division you place in. Only real thing I can think of it’s nice to have a goal to work towards, but that’s it really.

belushy

Banned
Flame is playing out of his mind. The communication with Lifestyle and Chaser is really helping I think. Maniac whines constantly and hardly calls out but he is making some plays too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Fucking play with me diamond snob

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Optic took the W. It is funny to see FiS trying that qualifier even though he already had the opportunity to play with Victory and chose to leave him than stay.

OpTic vs. Anarchy for finals soon. Winner gets 16th seed and the chance at the 2 million HWC. Tune in.

I am pretty sure I saw Optic play against them in arena earlier and dominated them with a 80+ point lead in strongholds.

op_ivy

Flame is playing out of his mind. The communication with Lifestyle and Chaser is really helping I think. Maniac whines constantly and hardly calls out but he is making some plays too.

Never heard of lifestyle or chaser. When did optic pick them up? What happened to the ones they dropped?

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Never heard of lifestyle or chaser. When did optic pick them up? What happened to the ones they dropped?

Chaser was over these past couple weeks. Flamesword and Maniac were running games with a shatload of people. I kept tuning into his stream who he was running with every other day or so. IIRC they dropped FiS for Chaser. I might be wrong so if anyone is reading, feel free to correct me on this.

Madness

Once Renegades took StelluR, Flame just played with a wide range of players, it was only 3 days till roster lock, so they just grinded all day and night with lot of people, they weren't sure if Maniac wanted to keep playing etc. Ran a few games with FearItself but in the end, they just felt that Flamesword, Maniac, Lifestyle and Chaser were a better fit than the rest.

I like the ranks being there, but I don't really care about it. If you're not playing on the circuit, it means fuck all, and MM rank doesn't even mean anything to them.

It's still fun to know where you land on the spectrum though.

Yeah i hear you. Maybe its cause i know i cant get onyx on my own cause my skills arent that dope in h5 so i shrug it off lol >_< but im really happy i grinded up to diamond.

I care in the sense that I want to get onyx, but I also know that it's not easy without playing on a full team so I don't get too worked up. I guess I care but not a lot.

Right!? I care maybe about 60% :p

Ranks are kind of whatever for me now. I’d like to hit Onyx this season, just because I’m almost here (been bouncing between Diamond 4 and 5 the past few days). However, it’s like why do I even care? I mean they are going to get reset in a month and there is no incentive on what division you place in. Only real thing I can think of it’s nice to have a goal to work towards, but that’s it really.

Its cause you always MM against me :p. Idc if i lose as long as i can ground pound you i win. I win in my eyes. >=D

Fucking play with me diamond snob

Hey hey hey hey heeeyyyyy. Well as soon as i started to use my mic it poops on me. So idk if u wanna team up.

Muahahahuahahahaah!!!! The choice is yours >=D

So who's the lead of Warzone MM/JIP? B'cuz I just joined in a game that was less than a minute and we lost. Then literally the next game I joined it just ended with the pelican scene where the other team had already won. Wtf..

op_ivy

yea loopofhenle. It'll be a few hrs till I'm back online though

Akai__

GG's again guys. I got 70k REQ points today and we got like 7 Company Commendation packs. I think that counts as successfull.

Madness

So who's the lead of Warzone MM/JIP? B'cuz I just joined in a game that was less than a minute and we lost. Then literally the next game I joined it just ended with the pelican scene where the other team had already won. Wtf..

Join in Progress is great for Halo. Don't you know? It's too much work to put in an option where players can choose to wait for fair start matches than join into instant losses. Probably 15 of my warzone matches have been JiP'ed into seconds from losses, or where all 3 bases are taken, more than half match over. I hate join in progress.

mo60

I thought I would have to kill myself to get out of that area in one of our bases I spawned in. I never experienced that spawn glitch before. That warzone gaf saturday match on battle of the noctus was the first time I experienced it.

BraXzy

Holy crap, Flamesword has nearly 25K views. People weren't joking before about the pull of the OpTic brand.

Let's go OpTic! What's this a best of?

belushy

Banned
They aren't even good. Let's go optic, bring your viewers to the pro scene lol

Optic should just sponsor Assault's new team. I actually thought they were going to until Assault dropped every ounce of Optic anything off his social media. If Optic somehow lose this series (up 2-0 right now) then Hecz should look into it.

Top Bottom