• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

umm ok then

DCsZNIj.gif

jfoul

I've come to appreciate the AR a lot more recently. This thing is pretty much the ultimate team weapon, and an assist machine. I wish more people would use it to soften up enemies in assault.

jfoul

I just used an Assist card before going into a match. I get put into a JIP at defense of the core. Playing against a full team, and they were spawn camping the core and toying with us. They let the game get down to sub 1min before destroying the core.

Card WASTED. This is bullshit, and something needs to be changed.

Edit: Join another game. Getting spawn camped on Summit. They allow us to cap fortress with 30 seconds remaining to farm more kills.

mo60

Got the oathsworn in a warzone daily silver win pack. I also have all shotgun and railgun variants now.
Screenshot-Original.png

I also played in two matches while playing my placement matches in team slayer were I got a really high KDA and KD.
Here are the two matches
The first match
Screenshot-Original.png

The second match
Screenshot-Original.png

Akai__

I woke up and lost myself in a nostalgia trip while drinking my coffee. Watched like 10 pro (team) montages. Are there any out for Halo 5 yet?
Except our Pro HaloGAF montage of course. :p

Zola needs to edit one again. His editing back then was crazy good. Is he even still arround?

---

Also, the "Halo World Championship Tour: Cologne - Day One" has begun: http://www.twitch.tv/halo

jfoul

I just ran into a Warzone Assault XP farming group with an SR149. Like, holy shit that's a lot of Halo. Isn't max level 152, and a lot of XP from 140-152?

• MULTIPLAYER GAMES COMPLETED: 4986
  • MULTIPLAYER PLAYTIME: 33.01:18:17

BraXzy

I just ran into a Warzone Assault XP farming group with an SR149. Like, holy shit that's a lot of Halo. Isn't max level 152, and a lot of XP from 140-152?

• MULTIPLAYER GAMES COMPLETED: 4986
  • MULTIPLAYER PLAYTIME: 33.01:18:17

Holy crap that's almost exactly a third of time between Halo's launch and now. Factor in sleeping and.. well...

102 days since launch.

Start up a Slayer match to get my qualifiers in. Oh it's Slayer on Riptide, not too bad.

Teammate starts off 0-6. Ok, I mean we can come back from this I guess.

He quits. We're down a player. Ok, let's just stick together and we might have a shot?

Keep spawning in eyeline of enemy players with power weapons and get instantly killed.

Lose horribly.

This shit just isn't fun anymore.

Warzone without proper weapon certs can be brutal and I just keep selling all my cards. But hey, I'm only 10 cards away from finishing my common unlocks. Sitting at SR27 right now.

BraXzy

I didn't realise Formal was Champ 1 in Team Arena, damn. I wonder if he'll come back at all after the upcoming CoD championships.

Trup1aya

I'm really looking forward to this months update. I've never played richoche (dropped H4 long before it came out), but it looks like a fantastic game mode. Looks like it could work nicely in a competitive setting too!

I can't wait to see what the forge community does with all the options they've mentioned.

Leyasu

Banned
"Ohhh look, lag in Halo... Thats never ever happened in any Halo up until now"

Like Ram said, people are just exagerating the issue.

Lol perhaps you and ram should update the FAQs with the problems that are acceptable to talk about...

Although, seeing as most people don't give a shit what you and ram think I wouldn't bother...

Strider

With that prize pool, I would if i was him.

I wouldn't. CoD still has a lot of money in prize pools and he's on the best team. He'd also see a significant drop in stream/youtube views given how popular CoD is so he would see a reduction in revenue from those sources.

I wouldn't give that up for one tournament with a large prize pool... Especially since it's far from guaranteed cash. You could easily show up and underperform and get waaaaay less money than expected.

I've only ever had good games on Overgrowth. I think it's a pretty good map and gets more shit than it needs to imo.

Though maybe I've just gotten lucky idk. I think I've played over 8 games on it.

JNT

I often wonder if thrusters/sprinting/double jumping eating shield power would be more fun due to risk/reward.

Akai__

I'm stuck in traffic jam. The HaloGAF Warzone Saturday will start in about 30 minutes and go for ~4 hours.

Please add AkaiGAF if you want to participate. Sorry for the delay guys.

jfoul

I'm stuck in traffic jam. The HaloGAF Warzone Saturday will start in about 30 minutes and go for ~4 hours.

I'm definitely down to play. I'll be in game and on discord.

Magwik

Banned

I'm gonna hop in the shower real quick but count me in!

Are there any BR certs that let you use the BR before level 3? I could swear I'm getting pinged by BR's at level 1.

In Warzone you will be at least level 2 after clearing homebase, 2 and a half if you get couple of kills doing that then get a boss kill on the first AI spawn, so level 3 should be very quick, as quick as the first side base capture so getting pinged by a BR early is not surprising, also you can now spawn a carbine as soon as you get out of your homebase so it is not as bad against fast BRs.

Trup1aya

Are there any BR certs that let you use the BR before level 3? I could swear I'm getting pinged by BR's at level 1.

Nah, they are all level 3. The best way to get level 3 quickly is to stand in the base while it's being captured, and help kill the AI. A few pistol kills on. Spartans, and you'll be level 3 in no time.

Don't forget carbine is level 2 now.

Caja 117

Lol perhaps you and ram should update the FAQs with the problems that are acceptable to talk about...

Although, seeing as most people don't give a shit what you and ram think I wouldn't bother...

Is not the that they are not aceptable rather the snarks about the situation, you see one instance of lag, and need to dish out insults, without even thinking if the lag is really a server side problem or an ISP problem.

And I really dont care if you or any other dont give a shit of what I have to say, the fact will remain that Lag, latency, and whatever other internet problem you might have is nothing new to Halo And is Halo 5 dedicate servers are an improvement over P2P , What non Host had in Halo 3 where the BR spread a nightmare. crying about this every time someone mentions lag will not fix the problem, we get it it could be better, but its not going away for good, Im in east coast and I get lag matches here and there, you dont see me complaining about it.

Its also funny how no one gives a shit of what I think yet you replied to me.

Caja 117

I wouldn't. CoD still has a lot of money in prize pools and he's on the best team. He'd also see a significant drop in stream/youtube views given how popular CoD is so he would see a reduction in revenue from those sources.

I wouldn't give that up for one tournament with a large prize pool... Especially since it's far from guaranteed cash. You could easily show up and underperform and get waaaaay less money than expected.

I guess you are right, I mean, I would still do it, if it wouldn't interfere with my main source of income.

Cross posting from the Forge OT - (hope no one minds)

Current progress on a 2v2 map I've been playing around with. Just looking to gather some feedback on the design, aesthetics, and layout. Please keep in mind, it's for 2 v 2 and nothing else. I'd really appreciate some of the higher level players giving it a whirl too, just to see how it plays for the super competitive among us.

Walkthrough video is available for your viewing pleasure here also. :)

Caja 117

Cross posting from the Forge OT - (hope no one minds)

Current progress on a 2v2 map I've been playing around with. Just looking to gather some feedback on the design, aesthetics, and layout. Please keep in mind, it's for 2 v 2 and nothing else. I'd really appreciate some of the higher level players giving it a whirl too, just to see how it plays for the super competitive among us.

Walkthrough video is available for your viewing pleasure here also. :)

White was the first thing that came to mind. :)

Top Bottom