• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

E92 M3

I think the easiest solution for now would be for them to disable stat tracking with social playlist, but keep the MM. Social shouldn't have stat tracking, in my opinion.

Trup1aya

Now wait a second the bolt shot and the suppressor are pretty great weapons when used in the right situations, maybe not the best in fights where you draw the main focus but as support guns and finishing off people they are great. I've had games where I can kill it with those weapons and great to use because nobody picks them up. wouldn't say they are the weakest but for specific situations that can be hard to come by but in team fights those weapons are never failing.

If I had to choose between the BR, The pistol or the Boltshot, It's gonna be one of the first 2 every time. The homing aspect doesn't make up for the fact that it takes .4s longer to kill someone.

In Warzone or against lesser goes, maybe. But in Arena, I'm probably not gonna touch it.

The warm up times for the Surpressors kill it for me. It's got the same TTK as the AR, but only if it's at full speed. So why not just use the AR. Again the homing capabilities don't mean much if you have decent accuracy, or are within the range.

There's a reason pro's generally ignore these weapons...

I swear i seen pros use the bolt shot on plaza. Especially when supporting a team member.

I also seen pros use the supressor on collesium. Maybe not actually... yeah

RIP SUPRESSOR

BraXzy

I will say that the boltshot, or at least it's upgraded counterparts, can be pretty killer in Warzone if you catch some people off guard. But I still think I'd rather have a trusty BR or something in hand 9 times out of 10.

link1201

Gotta love farm groups in WZ Assault...
I'd be all for increasing the behind the scenes skill based mm for Warzone. The games that are close are great fun...steamrolling or getting steamrolled isn't fun in any mode to me. I have no interest in playing against a group that has a 99% win ratio.

I will say that the boltshot, or at least it's upgraded counterparts, can be pretty killer in Warzone if you catch some people off guard. But I still think I'd rather have a trusty BR or something in hand 9 times out of 10.

^Doesn't play warzone.
^Dont take his advice.

:p

never understood the point of farming.

most of the unlocks are cosmetic. so your purposefully not playing the game because.....you want a chance at a new helmet?

Trup1aya

I mean, there are times where the Boltshot can be useful, but there are better alternatives for those same scenarios. If it still had a CQC component, I'd change my tune. But as it stands Magnum and BR simply superior.

BraXzy

^Doesn't play warzone.
^Dont take his advice.

:p

I'll have you know ive played dozens of Warzone. Dozens!

never understood the point of farming.

most of the unlocks are cosmetic. so your purposefully not playing the game because.....you want a chance at a new helmet?

For the same reason people will pay real hard earned cash, they want to unlock stuff faster than regular play allows. Whether it be to finish their collection, get their most wanted helmet or whatever. Farming happens in pretty much any game with even the slightest loot element.

I'll have you know ive played dozens of Warzone. Dozens!

For the same reason people will pay real hard earned cash, they want to unlock stuff faster than regular play allows. Whether it be to finish their collection, get their most wanted helmet or whatever. Farming happens in pretty much any game with even the slightest loot element.

hehe, dozens.gif missing tho.

Especially funny when the game actually includes Farming to Farm loot...... ahem
FO4

im_dany

Tell me about it. It's interesting that they chose to make it a single time thing. I suppose it pushes you towards those big enticing gold bundles.

Arena REQ bundle real soon though!

Arena bundle should only include cosmetic items though afaik, doesn't sound that good to me
even if it would be great to stop pulling emblems and armors in Gold packs

edit: more than 6 days of playtime, do they deserve more money? mmm

anyway to track how much longer it will take me to complete bronze req packs?
its driving me crazy. ended up selling evrything and still nothing...

BraXzy

Only real way is to look at how many common armour/helmets you've got left and work a rough estimate out. If you're having little luck with Bronze packs, it might be worth upping to Silvers, it works out near the same.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| Probably Sacrificing Resolution For Logic Cycles

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| [relevant incoming update]: Farther Than You Want It To Be, Not As Far As It Could Be

Speaking of, Tanaka has some really well-delivered lines in the campaign. The latter would have fallen straight into narm territory if it were done Bungie-era in Reach or something.

2 games in a row of 3v4. Then a loss to a team of onyx and plats. Then another terrible game that I finally quit out of. Immediately banned. GG 343. Perhaps doge would like to give me some more brilliant advice.

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| Probably Sacrificing Resolution For Logic Cycles

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| [relevant incoming update]: Farther Than You Want It To Be, Not As Far As It Could Be

Speaking of, Tanaka has some really well-delivered lines in the campaign. The latter would have fallen straight into narm territory if it were done Bungie-era in Reach or something.

why are you talking about OT4 already?

im_dany

Can't wait to be home and run the badass Clippy emblem

e443b3a69cd4918e5245418bef408a2f.png

If I had to choose between the BR, The pistol or the Boltshot, It's gonna be one of the first 2 every time. The homing aspect doesn't make up for the fact that it takes .4s longer to kill someone.

In Warzone or against lesser goes, maybe. But in Arena, I'm probably not gonna touch it.

The warm up times for the Surpressors kill it for me. It's got the same TTK as the AR, but only if it's at full speed. So why not just use the AR. Again the homing capabilities don't mean much if you have decent accuracy, or are within the range.

There's a reason pro's generally ignore these weapons...
True but pre shooting with the suppressor is is a good idea and like I said its better to use when you don't have the attention drawn towards you. It's even better just to keep shooting until the kill.
It's not the best I know but it's tracking will help with team fights for either the assist or clean up the kills.
I like using those weapons because I can always exceed expectations rather than feeling bad when I do crap with some power weapons.

Trup1aya

I jumped to silvers because I finished bronze. It seems to have paid off... I still don't have the missing commons, but I'm successfully progressing towards gold.

Trup1aya

True but pre shooting with the suppressor is is a good idea and like I said its better to use when you don't have the attention drawn towards you. It's even better just to keep shooting until the kill.
It's not the best I know but it's tracking will help with team fights for either the assist or clean up the kills.
I like using those weapons because I can always exceed expectations rather than feeling bad when I do crap with some power weapons.

Preshooting is just as effective with any other automatic weapon IMO and I don't have to waste half a clip before my gun becomes a threat. I can't say the Suppressor is. useless, it obviously can do damage to those shot by it... It just doesn't have any features that would entice me to drop what I already spawn with.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just had a super clutch FFA game After I have won i got a message, I thought I would be flamed, nope a "GG well played mate" man this is rare

Preshooting is just as effective with any other automatic weapon IMO and I don't have to waste half a clip before my gun becomes a threat. I can't say the Suppressor is. useless, it obviously can do damage to those shot by it... It just doesn't have any features that would entice me to drop what I already spawn with.
I can honestly understand that. Though I do believe if they buff those weapons they will become op instantly. Though storm rifle is god like in the right hands. But can't tell what is better smg or storm.

MaGlock

So onyx peeps I got a question. How important is knowing enemy spawn points? And is there any guide online? A bunch of friends got the game last week real try hards trying to figure everything out

BraXzy

Does anyone have a list of the Monthly update titles and the date they released?

I couldn't find a specific list anyone has put together, and the Wiki's don't have a list of all the updates to click through which is odd, you have to manually search each. Best bet in general is usually to go on Halo Waypoint and look through the News section in Community.

All three updates so far on the Halo Wiki in order of release:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Shadow_and_Light

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cartographer's_Gift

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity's_Armory

So onyx peeps I got a question. How important is knowing enemy spawn points? And is there any guide online? A bunch of friends got the game last week real try hards trying to figure everything out
It's very important. Being able to predict where the enemy will spawn will allow you to set up map control better and not be caught off guard. Based on where your teammates are on the map you can figure it out pretty easy.

im_dany

Just had a super clutch FFA game After I have won i got a message, I thought I would be flamed, nope a "GG well played mate" man this is rare

When a player plays much better than the others (me included) in Arena I usually sent him a good message.
When someone quits I send a bad one though :3

BraXzy

It's pretty important, you can make or break a play by manipulating where the enemy spawns. A good idea is to hop into Forge and just fly around the maps, get a feel for where the spawn points are.

link1201

I couldn't find a specific list anyone has put together, and the Wiki's don't have a list of all the updates to click through which is odd, you have to manually search each. Best bet in general is usually to go on Halo Waypoint and look through the News section in Community.

All three updates so far on the Halo Wiki in order of release:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Shadow_and_Light

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cartographer's_Gift

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity's_Armory
I looked at Halo twitter handle:
11-18-15
12-16-15
1-26-16

I thought we got more than just 3 updates for some reason.

MaGlock

It's pretty important, you can make or break a play by manipulating where the enemy spawns. A good idea is to hop into Forge and just fly around the maps, get a feel for where the spawn points are.

Alright I'll set this up then. Were not even 100% on callouts yet I think they're trying to ball before we can crawl sort of thing. I've been playing since October and they should pass my skill level soon : (

Trup1aya

I can honestly understand that. Though I do believe if they buff those weapons they will become op instantly. Though storm rifle is god like in the right hands. But can't tell what is better smg or storm.

Yeah, I wouldn't buff anything persay, just change their functionality to be more useful, and bump them up to tier 2 if need be. My other issue is that as it stands, these weapons don't have the creative charm of the others.

Boltshot should be dual function like it had been before. Maybe even with smart-link it could have three functions. Hold trigger for close-quarters one hit kill. Shoot normally and it's a semi-automatic. Then use smart-scope for the burst fire homing projectiles.

I don't know how I'd tweak the suppressor to make it more viable in the sand box

Storm rifle is OP. Kills in .96s. Needs a nerf. I'd make it so it overcharges quicker. SMG kills in 1.0s

BraXzy

Alright I'll set this up then. Were not even 100% on callouts yet I think they're trying to ball before we can crawl sort of thing. I've been playing since October and they should pass my skill level soon : (

Start with callouts and work up. If you're somewhere on the map and you can't instantly think what it's called, quickly check the bottom left corner of the screen. Or look around in customs. Watching pro players too can help because they sometimes coin callouts that aren't in the game itself.

i cant read the bottom left cause of my old age :p
My callouts are so ridic.

"WHERE THE. UH LIGHTRIFLE SPAWNS!" - PEGASUS
"Back spawn by ROCKET SPAWN!!!!!!!" - PEGASUS
"OVA-SHEEEILD! OVA OVA OVASHEEEILD!"" - PEGASUS

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" - ALL
then i have none cause i dont use a mic 99% of the time.

im never getting into onyx yo.

Top Bottom