• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Poster#1

343 is ruining incredible Halo designs... I mean why are they just so fucking hell bent on cartionizing Halo? This looks like something out of a goddamn anime drawn by a retarded blind kid

I'm not a fan of 343 art either. Bungie were top-tier.

btw, are they ever gonna do Double exp weekend?

Caja 117

the weirdest thing just happened to me in a match in Arena, the game was tied 42 and out of nowhere a weird lag came in the game and it kicked out two of my teamates. We end up loosing.this grind for diamond has been a fight.

NOKYARD

We know that NOKYARD has created a special griffball court for H5. If it's the same one he showed a sneak peak of in the Forge thread then it will be very colorful and make use of some cool scripting for aesthetics. No word on if there will be multiple griffball maps.

Or, you could just ask. I am always lurking.

I made one court while at 343i, and sent them 3 more since then Compression Cycle, Sidegrinder, and Decked Out.

Decked Out is an updated version of the court i built there so that makes 3 total. I do not know if they are using all three, or just Sidegrinder.

blamite

It's armor in a videogame, get a grip.

The Legendary might be the Fist of Rukt or whatever the fuck Tartarus' hammer was called. I wanna know what that new DMR attachment is...?
Looks like a brute bayonet to me. It's similar in shape the the back part of the hammer in the icon for the Grifball gametype. Kind of a tenuous connection, but it fits with the hammer theme.

VlX3Hl4.gif

mo60

I barely won this won slayer match I played yesterday. The game decided to match me with a player that was at platinum 3 for a rank for some odd reason. My whole team was either bronze or sliver for rank. The rest of that player's team either had no rank or were ranked silver, The guy got the most kills in the match but I got enough kills to prevent the team that guy was on from winning.
Screenshot-Original.png

I also managed to experience this weird glitch finally. My game crashed when this happened.
Screenshot-Original.png

Madness

That's horrendous Noble Six armor. Wtf. Let's hope it looks much better in game and with similar colors. This is almost as bad as Carter's helmet attempt in Halo 4 before they got it right with Noble in Halo 5.

Mix

That's horrendous Noble Six armor. Wtf. Let's hope it looks much better in game and with similar colors. This is almost as bad as Carter's helmet attempt in Halo 4 before they got it right with Noble in Halo 5.
Which one was supposed to be Carter's in H4? I can't seem to find it.

Akai__

Can't make out anything in those blured pictures this time. Edit: Turns out I can, but on non-mobile.

24 Common - Rare items, though. Means it will take 12 Silver packs (60k REQ points) to unlock all of them, except if something is tied to Commendations again.

Can't make out anything in those blured pictures this time.

24 Common - Rare items, though. Means it will take 12 Silver packs (60k REQ points) to unlock all of them, except if something is tied to Commendations again.

That's fine tbh, if you max out everything before then, it is like 3 or 4 days, a week tops if you only play like two hours a day.

Remember Noble 6. Remember Reach. But not like this.

I'm gonna play a shitload of Grifball, though. Can't fucking wait.

That's fine tbh, if you max out everything before then, it is like 3 or 4 days, a week tops if you only play like two hours a day.

And then there's people like me who still need to unlock like half the shit the game came with at launch.

I've been too busy with my Mass Effect trilogy replay to play the Haloez.

IHaveIce

Banned
The bottom row has one Uncommon and one Ultra Rare that look like 2 new Pistols. Am I seeing that right?
Yes I see it aswell.

Ppl getting crazy about a helmet again, weirdos.

What I dislile is the superlate scheduled reöease and that this update only has one map..

I want to know about the new DMR attachement and I think the mythic legendary on top is on purpose even more blurred. We can't see what it is.

Glass

I'm guessing Decimator isn't actually meant to be the same armour as Noble 6, but more inspired by, since Noble armour is 10 times more accurate.

singhr1

343 is ruining incredible Halo designs... I mean why are they just so fucking hell bent on cartionizing Halo? This looks like something out of a goddamn anime drawn by a retarded blind kid

Have you seen the Halo 4 and 5 art books? Their designs are not flawless but I'd still consider them quite incredible.

Caja 117

So, 343 will not have oddball added in the playlist? Why would that be?

343 is ruining incredible Halo designs... I mean why are they just so fucking hell bent on cartionizing Halo? This looks like something out of a goddamn anime drawn by...

Ugh, when will people stop using dissabilities as a form of insult?

I like Chief's armor in Halo 4-5 more than 2-3, CE Mk. V is still the best. I think Mk. VI Halo 4 would have been better received had it been Mk. VII.

Not all of 343's designs are bad, but the good ones are few and far between, some you are left wondering what happened, such as Scanner or the new Decimator. The best helmets are the ones based on Bungie's halo, but they sometimes manage to screw that up (Mk. V Alpha). I think they try to do too much, such as the colored under suits or the white lines that look like trash due to Halo 5's LOD.

Glad to see the community in this game is still awful in Matchmaking. Bought this back after trading it in a week after release (Got the big CE for €90, so thats a plus) People are still rampantly quitting. Not finished a full game in 22 games. Go into a game, go down by like 5 kills, 1 team mate quits. Deficit gets bigger, another quits. It's impossible to play solo :(

Glad to see the community in this game is still awful in Matchmaking. Bought this back after trading it in a week after release (Got the big CE for €90, so thats a plus) People are still rampantly quitting. Not finished a full game in 22 games. Go into a game, go down by like 5 kills, 1 team mate quits. Deficit gets bigger, another quits. It's impossible to play solo :(
They desperately need a social slayer playlist as well as a lone wolf ranked team playlist (no parties).

IHaveIce

Banned

Srsly?
I mean maybe in the doubles playlist(but then why are you playing this solo)
But I never have this huge amount of quitters in Arena/Slayer.. out of 10 games a day there is maybe one quitter in my games

They desperately need a social slayer playlist as well as a lone wolf ranked team playlist (no parties).

This would be perfect. Just something fun to jump into. Doesn't help when you lose 8 games of slayer and then get dumped into Onyx division, unless it does it off individual stats. Must say though, Forge is really really fun.

Caja 117

I have to consider myself lucky, quiters for me doesnt happen often. Yesterday I did had a CTF game that a teamate quit early, somehow we managed to capture one flag on them, it was a nice run, but CTF are hard to pull a victory when you are missing ine guy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Great news about the colour updates, and yeah wondering what the blurry legendary is, CE Pistol? Can't make it out though.

For top of pageness:

feb-cu-req-poster-preview-08ff438949f24a6da0dce7c5d60ea0d5.jpg

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/hammer-storm-preview

Loving this steady stream of content.

Unlocks should remain unlocks.

Some of those armors look like Helioskrill, guess they giving it out now. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

This would make me unhappy.

Some of the new colours and armour variations

jLHb.jpg

Gues that confirms helioskrill as an unlock. Fucking sucks.

Caja 117

First session starting in ~30 minutes and running for 4 hours. Hope we get a lobby going. :)

Man, I played 2 warzone game a couple of hours ago using RP boosts, I gained 13k in RP 0_o

I still havent got a warden kill, and I want to get that achievement.

Akai__

that early? I'll be there, not for 4 hours though

Early? It's 4pm here. :p And no worries, you don't have to stay for 4 hours.

Man, I played 2 warzone game a coulle of hours ago using a couple of RP boosts, I gained 13k in RP 0_o

I still havent got a warden kill, and I want to get that achievement.

You mean for a Legendary boss? I don't think it has to be the Warden. Works on every boss that has a Yellow Outline.
Count me in, invite when ready

Assault or regular?

Okay, but only because you make godlike callouts. :p

Joking, you will get an invite. <3

I'm thinking 2 WA -> 1 regular -> 2 WA -> etc.

Top Bottom