• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

In general yes this how it works. However, the amount of unbalanced games and matches against full teams, which the ranking system cannot account for, makes ranking up take much much longer and is exponentially more frustrating and painful. Yesterday's games were maddening and I should have been rewarded for playing better, not ranked down two levels. I didn't think I would have to fight against both the game and have to argue with people on gaf about it, but rage posting doesn't usually draw much sympathy. So that was on me.

Definitely agree with you on the parties part. Absolutely the biggest flaw in the current ranking system IMO.

I mean the first image you posted was a 50-48 game, and the stats on both sides were very comparable. People have bad games, and no system can account for that.

But, if you truly were in the wrong division, you would be shitting on kids so hard you'd easily get out of it. Over time it will happen if you're not supposed to be there.

Thanks for nothing, Frankie. ;P
I know why I got put in gold or at least I think I do. I did my placement games way after the 1st of feb. I could be wrong but that's my theory.

Sooo.. This is apparently a Halo Wars 2 vehicle

ijbXEU6.jpg

Looks to be a ONI equivalent of the
batmobile
Brute Chopper.. would be cool to see it as Halo 5 DLC item.

I'd kill for some Batman-like armor and to get that thing in Halo 5, driving around pretending to be Batman would be total awesome.

Probably not happening, but it'd be cool if it were some blade attached to the back of the gun on top and you flipped the gun around and smashed people with it like a hammer, lol.

Boomco-Halo-UNSC-MA5-Blaster1-940x372.jpg

343 has heard my cries! My kid will be so happy when this releases. :)

Why the red color?

Cosplayers are gonna be happy too, so long as this is the 1:1 actual size and not the size of a small nerf gun.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd kill for some Batman-like armor and to get that thing in Halo 5, driving around pretending to be Batman would be total awesome.

Why the red color?

Cosplayers are gonna be happy too, so long as this is the 1:1 actual size and not the size of a small nerf gun.

America is a supremely dangerous place for young kids to play with realistic guns, unfortunately. Cosplayers will customize.

Caja 117

I mean the first image you posted was a 50-48 game, and the stats on both sides were very comparable. People have bad games, and no system can account for that.

But, if you truly were in the wrong division, you would be shitting on kids so hard you'd easily get out of it. Over time it will happen if you're not supposed to be there.

Thanks for nothing, Frankie. ;P

Yeah, I'm going tough that in Arena right now, I'm in platinum and often I see myself destroying, some games I don't win because the other team was just better.

And I'm going o take this out of my chest: I find it insulting when someone comes here and talk about like this is unique Halo 5 problem, insulting to me as someone that went trough all the pain of an MLG playlist in Halo 3 where I got to 43 playing solo, Halo 5 Matchamking is heaven compared to the shit a random players went trough in Halo 3 ranked:

-Quiters
-Teamates shooting at you.
-Teammate committing suicides on purpose
-Networ manipulation (-LAgswtich, Host lag, etc)
-AFk players of purpose
-Bigotry
-Hate mails
-People that bought account
-50s playing on new accounts
-Spawn traped
-playing against a full team

Almost all of these problem has been eradicated from Halo. this doesn't mean there is no room to make the game better, but nothing that's wrong with MM in Halo 5 is new, and people have to accept that there are some issues that are just hard maybe near impossible to get it to a desired result..

Sorry for the rant, but this upset me to no end.

JaggedSac

And I'm going o take this out of my chest: I find it insulting when someone comes here and talk about like this is unique Halo 5 problem, insulting to me as someone that went trough all the pain of an MLG playlist in Halo 3 where I got to 43 playing solo, Halo 5 Matchamking is heaven compared to the shit a random players went trough in Halo 3 ranked:

-Quiters
-Teamates shooting at you.
-Teammate committing suicides on purpose
-LAgswtich
-Host boot
-ip flood
-Laggy hosts
-AFk players of purpose
-Bigotry
-Hate mails
-People that bought account
-50s playing on new accounts
-Spawn traped

Almost all of these problem has been eradicated from Halo. this doesn't mean there is no room to make the game better, but nothing that's wrong with MM in Halo 5 is new, and people have to accept that there are some issues that are just hard maybe near impossible to get it to a desired result..

Sorry for the rant, but this upset me to no end.

And Halo 3 improved upon the problems from Halo 2, lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Interesting background choice 343.
edit: Interesting as in awesome, not offensive

p3e3xLf.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Interesting background choice 343.

p3e3xLf.png

It's literally based on the of a colorful, loud and chaotic Mexican fiesta. The art is fanmade and I am in Mexico city right now where I have heard Mexicans make the hola, maestro hefe jokes about a dozen times. I have been called senor limpio twice. We've used the image before with no complaints and it's obviously not meant to be offensive. At the first sniff of that, I'd have it pulled.

E92 M3

It's literally based on the of a colorful, loud and chaotic Mexican fiesta. The art is fanmade and I am in Mexico city right now where I have heard Mexicans make the hola, maestro hefe jokes about a dozen times. I have been called senor limpio twice. We've used the image before with no complaints and it's obviously not meant to be offensive. At the first sniff of that, I'd have it pulled.

Anyone that gets offended by that isn't worth listening to. Don't even fret, Frankie.

Completely harmless image.

Ryde3

Hey is Warzone saturday going on? I'm online with a friend we're both down to play - Akai want to send me an invite after your current game?

Ramirez

Why the red color?

Safety & it matches the BoomCo AR in H5, there's a retail version of the green pistol as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015QZN6KE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I know why I got put in gold or at least I think I do. I did my placement games way after the 1st of feb. I could be wrong but that's my theory.

Ah, so this is why my kid got placed in Bronze 1, I knew they low balled him.

Glass

The BoomCo in game skins are great, good idea whoever came up with it.

I've got AtomicJorge and the stream playing and don't understood a word but its great all the same.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Whoops, my comment wasn't supposed to be negative. I thought the choice of background was perfect.

Safety & it matches the BoomCo AR in H5, there's a retail version of the green pistol as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015QZN6KE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ah, so this is why my kid got placed in Bronze 1, I knew they low balled him.
I don't know why you're making fun. Everything ive complained about is legitimate. I shouldn't have to go commando to rank up and if thats what it takes then that's the dumbest ranking system ever.

Trup1aya

I don't know why you're making fun. Everything ive complained about is legitimate. I shouldn't have to go commando to rank up and if thats what it takes then that's the dumbest ranking system ever.

It's basically the same as any other halo. Win matches to rank up....

This game is less grindy than the others because placement matches give you a jumpstart if you perform well...

You must not have done to hot in your placement matches. If you were truly under-placed, you should be able to carry your team.

Akai__

GG's guys. Next session in about 4 hours. I'll post again later.

That 8 or 9 game loss streak, though.
At least we could farm a lot REQ Points again.

Just recently decided to get back into Halo 5 after getting my elite controller and giving the controller options 343 added a shot. Halo 5 is MUCH better than at launch. I only wish there were more maps in BTB.

It's basically the same as any other halo. Win matches to rank up....

This game is less grindy than the others because placement matches give you a jumpstart if you perform well...

You must not have done to hot in your placement matches. If you were truly under-placed, you should be able to carry your team.
The carry your team argument is bs. I've repeatedly showed games where I did really well and still lost. That argument holds no water.

Goddamnit just messaged you on XBL about joining the group hahah, played on your team for two games on Summit.

Caja 117

From the sound of it, it's a simple setting change from one of the other two ball modes. Weird that they decided to emphasize Assault and Grifball, but it'll still be there.

Yeah, Im wondering the reasons behind it, maybe not enough playtest by pros? Oddball main problem have always been finding suitable maps, and half of Halo 5 maps have some sort of precipice. Assault in theory is jist a reverse CTF.

The carry your team argument is bs. I've repeatedly showed games where I did really well and still lost. That argument holds no water.

Then you didnt do good enough, if not just about getting kills and not dying, is about helping your team be better.

IHaveIce

Banned

Oh? Did you guys lose after Elzar and I left :Kappa:? Sorry guyz luckily we will be back in the tonight session

Akai__

I told Elzar that I'll make a highlight, so here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYstOty2wsA

Goddamnit just messaged you on XBL about joining the group hahah, played on your team for two games on Summit.

I didn't recognize your GT. Feel free to add me, though.

Oh? Did you guys lose after Elzar and I left :Kappa:? Sorry guyz luckily we will be back in the tonight session

We had some terrible luck, afterwards. Should be fun later.

Caja 117

Okay im done. The statements are getting even more ridiculous.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ryMatchIndex=22&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

That game we lost a teammate at the beginning, one of us went negative, and I carried with 25 kills, when you are out of your rank, you should be pulling games like that, because the opponents are also on the same level as your teammates, but because you are "better" you should be the decisive factor.

I was placed platinum 2 on Arena, I don't belong there. Arena is way harder because of objective, but at the end, if you think the problems are your teammates and you clearly are better than what you are placed you should be carrying, obviously you are going to loose games here or there, but wining enough to rank up to your real rank. that's how it has always been to rank up when you play solo and is fair and very good indicator on were you should belong..

When you start loosing more than you are wining games, that means you reach a peak in rank and you are where you belong.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Putting john in brown face would be taking it to far. Maybe.

I mean i placed in plat 1 and now im a diamond 1. Sooo i carried myself up the rank?

99.9% solo too.

Moonman. Your slaying skills isnt enough to get you up the ranks unfortunately. Might wanna do ffa and see if you place where you think you should be maybe?

Also team slayer isnt about just kills but helping your team stay alive too. You get a medal for it...:) little angelic wings n all.

Why dont you try and make an alt and tell us what you rank then. Receipts n all.

Then maybe well start feeling sorry for you and the bad teammates you always pair up with.

Strider

Pretty sure he said he used to be plat before the reset. Might be mistaken... If so wonder what his stats were then compared to now

Madness

I would if I were in the office. But. I am on a recumbent bike in a Polanco hotel remembering how high above sea level Ciudad Mexico is. If I have a heart attack remember I never liked armor lock.

If only you had your Xbox One you could get some matches in.

Ramirez

Okay im done. The statements are getting even more ridiculous.

Are you saying you never go negative or have bad games in your current placement? You post a screenshot of you getting a lot of kills. Are you doing that every single game? If not, it's not fair to call your teammates shit and claim you've been placed in the wrong division.

There's nothing ridiculous about the statements, if you were good enough, you would eventually level past Gold or wherever you currently are. One or two games where you have bad teammates would not change that.

clav

I landed in Silver Arena because of quitters. That's the real problem.

Ranked all the way up to Platinum solo.

You just have to keep playing and find ways to win with what you have. If you find that your team members are dying a lot in Slayer, then stay closer to them because they most likely can weaken enemies and just need finishers.

For objective games, play defense to gauge your team and then push out when you're comfortable. Use your mic even when no one is talking and restrict the saltiness. Keep everything objective as in give orders or facts (weapon and player locations).

Top Bottom