• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Glad to see the community in this game is still awful in Matchmaking. Bought this back after trading it in a week after release (Got the big CE for €90, so thats a plus) People are still rampantly quitting. Not finished a full game in 22 games. Go into a game, go down by like 5 kills, 1 team mate quits. Deficit gets bigger, another quits. It's impossible to play solo :(

Halo 5 match making is literally all about pre made teams with microphones being pitted against random assortments of unrelated players not communicating with each other. Practically every playlist. I started in Warzone last night, couldn't get near a win, other team had blocks of players with the same emblem and emblem colours coordinating assaults with the correct balance of req vehicles and weapons. Ducked out of that playlist into BTB and exactly the same scenario occurred. Pretty fun for the players that go in as groups, not so much for everyone else. Bungie allowed one to see if the other team was pre made and certainly wouldn't allow randoms vs teams in ranked (which makes a mockery of the ranking system and basically makes it null and void). 343 on the other hand removed the option to see pre mades in the lobby in H4, MCC and now H5. They prefer to bury their heads on the issue and make out it doesn't exist.

This, and map selection repetition (I played anti freeze four times in a row last night) are my biggest issues with an otherwise great game.

Caja 117

Halo 5 match making is literally all about pre made teams with microphones being pitted against random assortments of unrelated players not communicating with each other. Practically every playlist. I started in Warzone last night, couldn't get near a win, other team had blocks of players with the same emblem and emblem colours coordinating assaults with the correct balance of req vehicles and weapons. Ducked out of that playlist into BTB and exactly the same scenario occurred. Pretty fun for the players that go in as groups, not so much for everyone else. Bungie allowed one to see if the other team was pre made and certainly wouldn't allow randoms vs teams in ranked (which makes a mockery of the ranking system and basically makes it null and void). 343 on the other hand removed the option to see pre mades in the lobby in H4, MCC and now H5. They prefer to bury their heads on the issue and make out it doesn't exist.

This, and map selection repetition (I played anti freeze four times in a row last night) are my biggest issues with an otherwise great game.

Thats false.

Im in a world where everything that is happening now that was common in Halo 3 ranked playlist is something new and somehow 343 fault.

link1201

Didn't even realize that it was suppose to be that. :(

wth happened

200px-HTW-Naomi010-Mk7Armor.png

QRcEbVR.jpg
Can someone explain how they know this is supposed to be Noble 6's armor? What gives it away, because I'm not seeing it visually at all?

Trup1aya

I don't think any of these issues are unique to halo5...

Halo has always been better with a party of 4... That's hasn't changed since the day H2 launched, and the skill based matchmaking implications were nearly identical.

Playing with randoms became a shitty thing when party chat was introduced and conditioned solo players to simply leave their mics off... One of many things that ruined H3 for me.

I'd love for the system to atleast some weight into team composition during the matchmaking process in light of today's player tendencies, but it IS player behavior that causes these issues, not 343i. And ofcourse matchmaking times plays a a factor in all of this.

This match was the absolute epitome of what it is to play Halo 5 Arena right now.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...oryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

A quitter right off the bat followed by being matched with two absolute garbage teammates and lag all over the place the entire match.

And none of this is being addressed.

Now I was ranked Gold 5 in Team Arena (after being Diamond 1 last season) because of 5 consecutive trash games like this in a row.

It's just so frustrating. I might be done with Arena until there are some social playlists.

Caja 117

This match was the absolute epitome of what it is to play Halo 5 Arena right now.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...oryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

A quitter right off the bat followed by being matched with two absolute garbage teammates and lag all over the place the entire match.

And none of this is being addressed.

Now I was ranked Gold 5 in Team Arena (after being Diamond 1 last season) because of 5 consecutive trash games like this in a row.

It's just so frustrating. I might be done with Arena until there are some social playlists.
Git good!!!!1. /s

They just took the original design and pushed it through a trash compactor.

24882981192_4b52992127_n.jpg
24974686856_926104630c_n.jpg

QRcEbVR.jpg
lol
I hate those long necks.
Yup, I think it's just the helmet is proportioned poorly, exposing the neck too much. It's the same problem with some of the other helmets, looking like one of those headless spartans from the H4 glitch lol:

fullbody

"There's clearly no human head for a 6-7 foot super soldier that could fit in this cat helmet."

Sooo.. This is apparently a Halo Wars 2 vehicle

ijbXEU6.jpg

Looks to be a ONI equivalent of the
batmobile
Brute Chopper.. would be cool to see it as Halo 5 DLC item.

I'd kill for the Falcon to come back.. just finally allow objective holders to sit in it, and not use the gun.

Art wise, this one stood out for me

uhwBziQ.png

I'm not trying to dis on 343's artists, because they are incredibly talented, but I agree. A lot of their designs do not read very well, and honestly just are over complicated and uninteresting to me.

Halo had a fairly unique design language for a while, but I feel like everything was made different just for the sake of newness.

Some of the new colours and armour variations

jLHb.jpg

This is pretty cool.
Didn't even realize that it was suppose to be that. :(

wth happened

200px-HTW-Naomi010-Mk7Armor.png
QRcEbVR.jpg

Wait.

These are supposed to be the same thing? What.

I hate those long necks.

S1aGlkY.jpg

Ramirez

Looks like a brute bayonet to me. It's similar in shape the the back part of the hammer in the icon for the Grifball gametype. Kind of a tenuous connection, but it fits with the hammer theme.

Probably not happening, but it'd be cool if it were some blade attached to the back of the gun on top and you flipped the gun around and smashed people with it like a hammer, lol.

Boomco-Halo-UNSC-MA5-Blaster1-940x372.jpg

343 has heard my cries! My kid will be so happy when this releases. :)

Can I get a SPNKR with 8 rockets??

I'd love to see this armor added to Halo 5

NXdELlw.jpg

But I feel like the bulkiness wouldn't translate well, and too many adjustments would be made.

It essentially already is, the Mk IV. is based off of the final version of the Halo Wars armor and is pretty close, say for the shoulder pieces. The back of the armor looks very close to that concept render as well and the torso is rather bulky compared to the others.

Caja 117

I'd love to see this armor added to Halo 5

NXdELlw.jpg

But I feel like the bulkiness wouldn't translate well, and too many adjustments would be made.

Those design didn't make it to the game, right? they remind me of the movie District 9 for some reason.

Is that atomicjorge in the stream talking?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sooo.. This is apparently a Halo Wars 2 vehicle

ijbXEU6.jpg

Looks to be a ONI equivalent of the
batmobile
Brute Chopper.. would be cool to see it as Halo 5 DLC item.

I'd kill for the Falcon to come back.. just finally allow objective holders to sit in it, and not use the gun.

ew

Overall Reach really did have the best armor design and also insane customizable options. I mean look at everything you could customize:

Helmet
Left shoulder
Right shoulder
Chest
Wrist
Utility
Visor color
Legs
Armor effects
Firefight voice

Changing all of this to helmet and chest is disappointing. Personally I'd rather have less armors and more customizable options. I mean H5 has a lot of armor/helmet over 200, however, most are the same ones just different color designs.

Caja 117

Overall Reach really did have the best armor design and also insane customizable options. I mean look at everything you could customize:

Helmet
Left shoulder
Right shoulder
Chest
Wrist
Utility
Visor color
Legs
Armor effects
Firefight voice

Changing all of this to helmet and chest is disappointing. Personally I'd rather have less armors and more customizable options. I mean H5 has a lot of armor/helmet over 200, however, most are the same ones just different color designs.

I'm kind of Happy I don't have to have to unlock via RP all of those armor pieces X___X

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frank, you happen to know the general release dates on those new BoomCo blasters?

I would if I were in the office. But. I am on a recumbent bike in a Polanco hotel remembering how high above sea level Ciudad Mexico is. If I have a heart attack remember I never liked armor lock.

Caja 117

No,I accidentally got booked in MX because they thought I was pope Francis and I will be at the LA final.

Well, there are some places they worship you...remember when Halo 4 BR was revealed? I think I saw some forum post with your face phothoshoped on a jesus painting.

link1201

I've never been to Mexico City aside from the airport on my way to Veracruz. It's an amazingly huge city that seemed to take forever to fly over. I couldn't imagine trying to navigate it.

A really good player would put up stats like that in eveyr game against gold players tho. thats the point.

It's a team game. Yea you will have bad teammates sometimes but if you are truly better than your rank you will do better than average and climb.
In general yes this how it works. However, the amount of unbalanced games and matches against full teams, which the ranking system cannot account for, makes ranking up take much much longer and is exponentially more frustrating and painful. Yesterday's games were maddening and I should have been rewarded for playing better, not ranked down two levels. I didn't think I would have to fight against both the game and have to argue with people on gaf about it, but rage posting doesn't usually draw much sympathy. So that was on me.

Ramirez

In general yes this how it works. However, the amount of unbalanced games and matches against full teams, which the ranking system cannot account for, makes ranking up take much much longer and is exponentially more frustrating and painful. Yesterday's games were maddening and I should have been rewarded for playing better, not ranked down two levels. I didn't think I would have to fight against both the game and have to argue with people on gaf about it, but rage posting doesn't usually draw much sympathy. So that was on me.

I mean the first image you posted was a 50-48 game, and the stats on both sides were very comparable. People have bad games, and no system can account for that.

But, if you truly were in the wrong division, you would be shitting on kids so hard you'd easily get out of it. Over time it will happen if you're not supposed to be there.

Thanks for nothing, Frankie. ;P

Top Bottom