• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

OverHeat

« generous god »
He works for 343. Can't he just like...walk into a Microsoft store and get a free one?
Stinkles get this for your trip
oCzxpF4.jpg

pieface

So how long has Overgrowth been out for now? It's still the worst map to ever exist in halo. No amount of time on that map will make me like it.

This match was the absolute epitome of what it is to play Halo 5 Arena right now.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...oryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

A quitter right off the bat followed by being matched with two absolute garbage teammates and lag all over the place the entire match.

And none of this is being addressed.

Now I was ranked Gold 5 in Team Arena (after being Diamond 1 last season) because of 5 consecutive trash games like this in a row.

It's just so frustrating. I might be done with Arena until there are some social playlists.

yup, same story here.

Ground my way solo to diamond in Jan, but for some reason I've been cursed with quitters, and bad teammates ever since.

At this rate I'll never leave Plat again... :/

The frustrating part is, I'm ALWAYS mvp on my team - so I think MM keeps sticking me on shite teams hoping I'll carry them?

Sadly I'm also one of those non-Americans who seems to get a pretty shitty ping to the servers as well - so I'm better for filling out a team, not leading one.

When I hit Diamond last season I literally came here and posted "the MM gods have smiled on me!", just as I think they're doing the opposite this month.

clav

yup, same story here.

Grinder my way solo to diamond in Jan, but for some reason I've been cursed with quitters, and bad teammates ever since.

At this rate I'll never leave Plat again... :/

The frustrating part is, I'm ALWAYS mvp on my team - so I think MM keeps sticking me on shite teams hoping I'll carry them?

Sadly I'm also one of those non-Americans who seems to get a pretty shitty ping to the servers as well - so I'm better for filling out a team, not leading one.

Think we players should ask for a group meeting here if we don't want to deal with quitters.

Caja 117

I landed in Silver Arena because of quitters. That's the real problem.

Ranked all the way up to Platinum solo.

You just have to keep playing and find ways to win with what you have. If you find that your team members are dying a lot in Slayer, then stay closer to them because they most likely can weaken enemies and just need finishers.

For objective games, play defense to gauge your team and then push out when you're comfortable. Use your mic even when no one is talking and restrict the saltiness. Keep everything objective as in give orders or facts (weapon and player locations).

That's a good strat, those that are dying a lot are probably seen a lot of action, follow them and see if you can get the kill before they get killed.

Also, the little things you did wrong can comeback to haunt you: like not killing someone that was about to grab a powerup and power weapon or failing to pick up the powerups and power weapon, sometimes that plasma caster that you decided not to pick up could easily means giving 4 or 5 kills to the other team.

And you need to be greedy as well, those power ups and power weapon, don't trust it to your teammates, go and get them, trust yourself first and then your teammates to get the job done.

JackHerer

Anyone get the saw in the doubles playlist? It's crazy good.

It is indeed. I actually kind of like the layout of the map it's on with all that interesting verticality and cool clamber routes (never played Breakout playlist so my first time seeing this one) but the presence of the saw sort of ruins it.

If you play enough you'll eventually get placed where you belong. Take me for example, even though I complained so much about quitters and bad teammates I eventually made it to Onyx. For every game I went 20-8 or something, I've had similar games where I went 5-13 or something bad. I mean just now I played six games and I lost four of those, two of which had quitters. Just keep playing and don't worry about it so much. The more you play the better you'll get and the higher you'll go.

Nutter

Ha, lost all my placement games bar 1, got a positive k/d in one game, and I'm diamond yet again. Wtf...

Its not like the game forgets your rank/MMR from last season. So not sure how you guys are expecting to be ranked completely differently than before.

Madness

Its not like the game forgets your rank/MMR from last season. So not sure how you guys are expecting to be ranked completely differently than before.

So then what's even the point of resetting ranks monthly if you're most likely going to end up almost exactly where you were before the rank change? And allowing you to drop between 1-6 of a rank, but not dropping more than one level total. How much difference is there really in skill between a Platinum 6 and Diamond 1, but imagine the types of games the diamond 1 will get compared to Platinum 6.

343 is ruining incredible Halo designs... I mean why are they just so fucking hell bent on cartionizing Halo? This looks like something out of a goddamn anime drawn by a retarded blind kid

i'm pretty sure i've been matched up with you ingame before

and when i say pretty sure, you are literally every 12-year-old whining in the lobby ever

So then what's even the point of resetting ranks monthly if you're most likely going to end up almost exactly where you were before the rank change? And allowing you to drop between 1-6 of a rank, but not dropping more than one level total. How much difference is there really in skill between a Platinum 6 and Diamond 1, but imagine the types of games the diamond 1 will get compared to Platinum 6.
It can help you get over the hump. In team arena I used to be a high plat player and could never get above plat 6 because I would get matched up with a team that couldn't win those last few games. When the ranks reset I was able to place in diamond since the win/loss aren't the only things that matter.

50 in BF! Now I can spend even more time in Halo, got to get Achilles! Speaking of which we are doing pretty good now. 11/31 with a lot of them almost done. It just assassinations, SC, and Promethean kills that'll probably be the last to get completed.

i'm pretty sure i've been matched up with you ingame before

and when i say pretty sure, you are literally every 12-year-old whining in the lobby ever

423.gif

Akai__

2nd session will start in ~25 minutes. Message AkaiGAF, if you want to join or just join the Party/Game when I'm online.

Top Bottom