• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I see a lot of posts about quitters here and I have no doubt that they happen but I rarely see quitting in the games I play and when I do it's almost always at the end of a game where the result is all but settled. I usually place around high plat/low diamond. From my experience, the harsh quit penalties appear to be working. It's definitely prevented me from quitting maps I rather wouldn't play but it also helps that most map/gametypes in this game have decent settings.
I think it has more to do with rank. The higher you get in rank the more likely you are to play with people who are serious about Halo, and those people are far less likely to quit out of a match early. I know I experienced a lot more quitters when I was playing in Platinum during the preseason than I have in diamond these past two seasons. Then again that could also just have to do with the game being newer back then and that those quitters have just stopped playing the game now.

Trup1aya

I see a lot of posts about quitters here and I have no doubt that they happen but I rarely see quitting in the games I play and when I do it's almost always at the end of a game where the result is all but settled. I usually place around high plat/low diamond. From my experience, the harsh quit penalties appear to be working. It's definitely prevented me from quitting maps I rather wouldn't play but it also helps that most map/gametypes in this game have decent settings.

Yeah I rarely run into quitters. I do think they need to do something about people who juke the system by quitting the build... If they incentivize consecutive matches played, I think we'd be golden.

What's the highest someone here has gone solo on Arena? I think I might be able to push to low Plats but from there I don't think I can carry a team upwards alone.

High gold / low plat is kind of a weird in between spot where you start to be too good to just solo but too bad to get to a decent SC.

I've solo'd into diamond several times. It never seemed particularly hard... I could always point to issues with my own play that held my teams back, whether it be poor awareness, low accuracy, or bad positioning. I fix those things, I quickly move up.

OverHeat

« generous god »
What's the highest someone here has gone solo on Arena? I think I might be able to push to low Plats but from there I don't think I can carry a team upwards alone.

High gold / low plat is kind of a weird in between spot where you start to be too good to just solo but too bad to get to a decent SC.
Onyx in pre season and diamond with a scrub account last week

Caja 117

You misread me. When I say player count I'm referring to Warzone being 12v12, not the game's population. Also Reach MLG was social, not ranked so of course there was no party matching. In Halo 3 you never played teams solo unless it gave you a pre made team of three for yourself, so I'm sorry but you're wrong about that as well. In Halo 5 ranked teams of four can play random 1's and 2's; that never happened in Halo 3, fact.

Halo reach was social, but also enforced team matching and skill matching, so if you were on a team it was more likely to play against the team. It was a social playlist because it didtnt had visible ranks, but the Matchmaking worked like it was ranked.

And sorry, but Im not wrong about Halo 3 MM, I played a lot of MLG in Halo 3 to know how i was put against full teams, if you decide to ignore this is not my problem, but that was my reality, This is also my last reply about this,as we are just going in circles.

Strider

A lot of people here have soloed to onyx. Idk how high they've gotten though... Probably no one has soloed 2000+ but then again some of the best players here that could do it don't usually solo queue from what I can gather (like Doge or Scooby).

A lot of people here have soloed to onyx. Idk how high they've gotten though... Probably no one has soloed 2000+ but then again some of the best players here that could do it don't usually solo queue from what I can gather (like Doge or Scooby).

Didnt speedy blue dude get champion in each playlist preseason?

But idk if he solod.

Hmm, now that I think about it, latency/lag has been significantly improved since the last update.

I can't recall the last time I bitched about lag and/or the other team having a huge advantage over me.

Halo reach was social, but also enforced team matching and skill matching, so if you were on a team it was more likely to play against the team. It was a social playlist because it didtnt had visible ranks, but the Matchmaking worked like it was ranked.

Lol no it didn't, I was a scrub tier player at Reach MLG MM and remember playing teams of pro's. The skill matching in Reach MLG was so bad that pro teams were suiciding to a collective -50 then coming back to win the game for the lulz.

And sorry, but Im not wrong about Halo 3 MM, I played a lot of MLG in Halo 3 to know how i was put against full teams, if you decide to ignore this is not my problem, but that was my reality, This is also my last reply about this,as we are just going in circles.

Annnnnnd you're wrong again! Your 'reality' has nothing to do with facts. Please make sure they are accurate next time scrublet.

Ramirez

I've got up to 1850 in TS/TA alone last season. Like I said, it's not about carrying a team, but getting lucky. You get good teammates, avoid facing teams, get quitters on the other side, etc.

Which can just as quickly happen to you a few games in a row and you bottom out, lol. I was cruising to 1900 at one point last season and got back to back multiple quitters early in matches. Solo MM is a very streaky experience 99% of the time, heh.

I'd have to assume there are very few people who could legitimately solo their way to Champion barring early placement cheese, lol.

shoreu

I've got up to 1850 in TS/TA alone last season. Like I said, it's not about carrying a team, but getting lucky. You get good teammates, avoid facing teams, get quitters on the other side, etc.

Which can just as quickly happen to you a few games in a row and you bottom out, lol. I was cruising to 1900 at one point last season and got back to back multiple quitters early in matches. Solo MM is a very streaky experience 99% of the time, heh.

It really is honestly i get annoyed by it because i can't stand doing really well and still losing.

Magwik

Banned
Someone please tell me in not the only person with the issue of having a shit load of games to play through but ends up just playing Halo instead. Halo 5 is so fun .-.

I read on reddit they region locked the EU region... But people were complaining because now MM takes longer. 343 can't win lol

Yeah.. People want to play on EU dedis. They have that now and now they start complaining for longer queue times. Make up your mind.

Trup1aya

I read on reddit they region locked the EU region (true?)... But people were complaining because now MM takes longer. 343 can't win lol

They could just let people pick their datacenter.

That way people in low population areas can still get games off peak times. Currently, the only way to do this is to wait 5min for the system to automatically send you to another datacenter.

Caja 117

Lol no it didn't, I was a scrub tier player at Reach MLG MM and remember playing teams of pro's. The skill matching in Reach MLG was so bad that pro teams were suiciding to a collective -50 then coming back to win the game for the lulz.

Annnnnnd you're wrong again! Your 'reality' has nothing to do with facts. Please make sure they are accurate next time scrublet.

Riiiiiiight! I guess this had to end in trowing petty insults.

Ramirez

That way people in low population areas can still get games off peak times. Currently, the only way to do this is to wait 5min for the system to automatically send you to another datacenter.

Pretty sure they want to avoid allowing people to pick so people don't pick the wrong center to cause a shit experience for others. Seems that was a problem in Gears.

Trup1aya

Pretty sure they want to avoid allowing people to pick so people don't pick the wrong center to cause a shit experience for others. Seems that was a problem in Gears.

I get that, but it seems like so many are getting shit experiences anyway.

They should atleast speed up the process to change datacenters during periods of low population.

Leyasu

Banned
I read on reddit they region locked the EU region (true?)... But people were complaining because now MM takes longer. 343 can't win lol

Yeah.. People want to play on EU dedis. They have that now and now they start complaining for longer queue times. Make up your mind.

I have not seen a jump of any significance in mm times. The game is amazing every time now. Even if there was a jump, I would take it for the improved quality..

The only downside for me is that not playing with Americans means less people who communicate.

If only...

From my experience with the game and the beta., there is no lag compensator. So if you choose to put yourself on servers the other side of the planet, then it is you that will have the bad experience.. But perhaps they are just handholding everyone..

Top Bottom