• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

blamite

Tertiary colors need to return for armor. Would make the tiny differences in armor skins more noticeable.

I liked how Halo 2 used your primary color as a secondary color in team games. I was always disappointed that none of the future games kept that.

bop4BBil.jpg

I miss having your emblem on your armor as well. It'll never happen in H5, but I'd really like the option to choose where your emblem is placed, like on your back, or shoulder, or the little chest spot like in Reach. Being able to drag the decal around wherever you want and resize/rotate it would be amazing.

I think you're the only one who is. The handling of the BTB playlist is a joke.

Personally I love having my eyes assaulted by the sun on Forge maps in BTB. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having Antifreeze in the game, I love how there's no map movement with tight choke points. Don't even get me started on how you can break out of the map either, that's just fun, solid design. I look at the far superior maps on Forge Hub and think, "Why would I want to play on those, when I can be playing on Antifreeze?" It makes a lot of sense to me that they removed Orion, a map that actually functioned, but they won't remove Antifreeze a map that's broken and plays far worse. Top notch management.

JackHerer

Personally I love having my eyes assaulted by the sun on Forge maps in BTB. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having Antifreeze in the game, I love how there's no map movement with tight choke points. Don't even get me started on how you can break out of the map either, that's just fun, solid design. I look at the far superior maps on Forge Hub and think, "Why would I want to play on those, when I can be playing on Antifreeze?" It makes a lot of sense to me that they removed Orion, a map that actually functioned, but they won't remove Antifreeze a map that's broken and plays far worse. Top notch management.

They don't want to give too much support to BTB. It could cut into their Warzone pie.

Don't worry, you can't get out of Antifreeze anymore. Nevermind that small fact that the map is shit in general. Or the fact that it suffers from 343's love child "functional symmetry" in the bases, making one significantly easier to assault on flag.

Oh hey, you can get on top of Entombed with minimal effort too, you say? There's no kill volumes of any kind you say? Good thing there was plenty of thought put into the use of these maps in matchmaking, huh?

What do you mean you don't like the horrendously broken spawns on Deadlock for every gametype except flag? Random == fun! Haven't you heard?! What do you mean better versions of the map have been available for months now (including versions that don't give one side an advantage due to that god-awful fucking glare)?

BTB gets all sorts of care and loving attention! You, sir, are just a negative Nancy!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Anyone else having problems connecting to matchmaking? I'm getting constant ATTENTION An error occurred while searching for players

Happens after console goes to sleep. Quitting the game doesn't help. Only way to fix it is rebooting Xbone.

UK, wired connection, fibre optic, 60Mb/18Mb, 7ms ping even on Speedtest on iPad

Strider

Anyone else having problems connecting to matchmaking? I'm getting constant ATTENTION An error occurred while searching for players

Happens after console goes to sleep. Quitting the game doesn't help. Only way to fix it is rebooting Xbone.

UK, wired connection, fibre optic, 60Mb/18Mb, 7ms ping even on Speedtest on iPad

Xbox Live is having issues right now. I couldn't even get a party chat going without people dropping out about an hour ago

I hate spawns sometimes. I see the enemy has three Banshees up, so I picked to spawn my Phaeton over by our home base that way I can pick them off. The game spawns me right over the garage in the middle of the map! Needless to say I get like destroyed in a few seconds. I was able to kill at least one Banshee but that's it. 21 more kills and I'm done with Phaeton commendations and I don't have to worry about it anymore! But I'm out of Phaetons!

Very early on I disabled Instant-On. I found so many issues magically resolved themselves as you're really just cold booting a windows box every time instead of sleep mode. Also learn to use the menu button and quit or restart games/apps so they're not idling etc.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man, the February crowd is though. In January, with the massive lag problems, I got to Gold 6 with little trouble. Now with virtually no lag I struggle to stay even in Gold.

In our last game we had this guy called Team Kill Daily. At the beginning of the match he'd betray others, and then stealth betray (finish you off / weaken you) in the chaos. He was MVP, so not sure what was up with that.

I liked how Halo 2 used your primary color as a secondary color in team games. I was always disappointed that none of the future games kept that.

bop4BBil.jpg

I miss having your emblem on your armor as well. It'll never happen in H5, but I'd really like the option to choose where your emblem is placed, like on your back, or shoulder, or the little chest spot like in Reach. Being able to drag the decal around wherever you want and resize/rotate it would be amazing.
Seeing this picture really drives home the fact that black undersuits look WAY better than the Halo 5 ones where the top half is red/blue and the rest is a dark grey.

It's proabably too late to change now, but it better be black for Halo 6

Halo 5 is too good, it's all I want to play. I'm sitting here trying to play other games and all I'm thinking is "hmm I wonder if XBL is up yet."

BraXzy

Seeing this picture really drives home the fact that black undersuits look WAY better than the Halo 5 ones where the top half is red/blue and the rest is a dark grey.

I doubt it'd be a huge amount of effort to do. They can probably change the undersuit colour on the fly unless it isn't separately textured.

I hope they give us the option to at some point. It looks so much better.

We got a shoutout boyz

We made it! (That's pretty cool)

Yep, the low poly models kept the texture changeovers flush so the likely unintended effect appears as a solid suit of armour. I also prefer that type of design, more Spartan in full body armour over armour bits strapped to man with rubber undersuit.

Yep, the low poly models kept the texture changeovers flush so the likely unintended effect appears as a solid suit of armour. I also prefer that type of design, more Spartan in full body armour over armour bits strapped to man with rubber undersuit.

I agree that they could do more to reduce the visibility of the undersuits, but I kind of prefer the lean, lithe look, at least in concept. Bulk up the undersuits a little to better convey the appearance of toughness, make them uncolored so they blend in a little better, increase armor coverage a smidge, and I'm happy.

Hope they do it one day.

Honestly at this point I'd take it as something you need to get through REQ if it means they'll throw it in.

Halo-Mjolnir-Mark-V-and-Mark-VI-DX-ARTFX-2-Pack-001.jpg

ktsv146lg_5b1_5d.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

halo-5-guardians-battle-of-shadow-and-light-drops-this-week-accompanied-by-bans-496277-2.jpg

Ramirez

You know, if everyone in the company would play a few SWAT games every day and get about 5-10 SC's a piece that commendation would be a breeze. You guys worry about your K/D too much though. ;P

Yup Black undersuits would look so much better! 343 pls

SWAT...

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif[img][/QUOTE]
DO IT FOR THE COMPANY!!!!

Stackboy

I finally figured out why I can't join any Halo 5 games. It's because the ping to server is done to the US servers and not to the Australian one. So while in Titanfall I can ping to the local aus server and get 30ms, I do the same for Halo 5 and it pings to US and I get 250ms.

So until they patch it, if they ever do, I am completely unable to play MP Halo 5. Great, thanks MS.

What do you mean Stackboy?

I'm in australia and im put into matches against aussies and kiwis on local dedicated servers... And I can usually always find games straight away.

Top Bottom