• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

I have not seen a jump of any significance in mm times. The game is amazing every time now. Even if there was a jump, I would take it for the improved quality..

The only downside for me is that not playing with Americans means less people who communicate.

]If only...

From my experience with the game and the beta., there is no lag compensator. So if you choose to put yourself on servers the other side of the planet, then it is you that will have the bad experience.. But perhaps they are just handholding everyone..

Well yeah, that's what they SAY should happen after 5 minutes

luckily, I'm in the US, so I can't verify...

Leyasu

Banned
Well yeah, that's what they SAY should happen after 5 minutes

luckily, I'm in the US, so I can't verify...

I meant if they only let us choose.. With the 5 mins max until broadening the search would be great. For me, the biggest wait for slayer now is around 1 min max. Seriously nothing to worry about. 343 have sorted it imo

Caja 117

Got to diamond Friday night.. I don't think that onyx is possible solo in all honesty.. I made diamond 3 before the reset.

Yeah, At least I know my skill level and I wont do onyx by myself. But making onyx solo is posible IMO, I think those pro are capable of it (in Slayer playlist Im 100 percent sure they can pull it off)

jfoul

I just finished my last qualifier, and I'm all over the place.

• Team Arena: Platinum 1
  • Slayer: Gold 2
  • Breakout: Platinum 1
  • Free for All: Platinum 5
  • Swat: Gold 3

Leyasu

Banned
Nah, please keep your shitty Euro connections out of the US games. TY.

With pleasure... Lol

I'm just scared now that 343 will change it again!

Yeah, At least I know my skill level and I wont do onyx by myself. But making onyx solo is posible IMO, I think those pro are capable of it (in Slayer playlist Im 100 percent sure they can pull it off)

Agreed on the pros part.

@Strider. You need lots of luck as well.. Both in teammates and competition.

I was going to spend my time this Valentines Day crying in my bathtub
but now i'm going to spend it with these bad boys!

e4e3ed0bbc157bf12d0a1e95a9d64863.png
054e8bcaffc668f01222dfd7cd616823.png

:D
:'(

BradC00

skill levels across gametypes are not equal, IMO. team arena was pretty much impossible for me to climb to onyx, and I was able to easily do it in slayer. I think there's more teams in team arena but I don't know for sure. team arena might as well be called team slayer because 9/10 times that's what it is.

Glass

The Ready up Live twitter has been tweeting out fan made valentines day themed REQs and this one caught my eye just because its something different as a visor/helmet. Nothing too crazy but cool and does something to stand out from others.

CbMlUPLXIAAZyl8.png

They need to do something different with a bunch of the customisation. Who cares about this new visor coming in the next update.
QgYXxDo.png

If you had told me it was already in the game I would believe you because it looks like 5 other ones already in the game.

I feel a bunch of the customisation in H5 is centered around the colours you have in FFA, when it should be centered around the aesthetics of red or blue spartans.
These guys look great, but they're in colours you don't play as for 90% of the time (or 100% if you never play FFA) plus all the undersuits are black so the armour is sticking out more in these images then they would in game anyway.
Because this is what different helmets end up looking like in game
kVVONP0.jpg

REQs and specifically new armour should be exciting, but this is the exact opposite. RUL's visor on the other hand...

Armour is srs business guys

BraXzy

I feel a bunch of the customisation in H5 is centered around the colours you have in FFA, when it should be centered around the aesthetics of red or blue spartans.

That's a very very good point. So many variants that in regular play have very few differences.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just played a scrimmage with latam pros and capped both of our flags

They couldn't adapt to my no throw creeper weird route style.

Trup1aya

I almost went four months playing halo without being called the N-word or the F-word.

got his with both in the same breath...

My crime? Saying good game...

Never change Halo players... never change...

Honestly riptide isn't too bad, really helped with my fuel rod commendation the hallways are tight and sight lines are decent

I really like the map. I don't understand the hate...

That tall wall at top mid is my Hydra's hunting ground

Ramirez

Halo should adopt the Rocket League team color setup. As long as it prevented any advantage, I don't see a problem with Orange/Red/Yellow shades all being under the Red Team banner, ya know?

And yea, I'm in on RL, I've tried getting back into it on PS4, but everyone is god tier, I need a fresh pool of players to match my skill level, lol. It really was one of the best games released last year, all of you should check it out, very unique experience.

Vico

Well, it's time for me to say goodbye to silver packs. The first gold pack was a big diasppointment, as expected. Got a useless emblem, and an ugly ar skin. Can't wait for these phaetons and nornfangs!

shoreu

Lol i mean it's in the same region really platinums and golds play together

JackHerer

Totally possible and don't have to be anywhere near pro to do so. Actually I would assume the majority of Onyx players have gotten there solo one way or another. I've done it on two separate accounts from initial platinum or diamond placements in team arena. Even if you're a not so great Diamond player you can get lucky with random good teammates and get carried without ever partying up.

Halo should adopt the Rocket League team color setup. As long as it prevented any advantage, I don't see a problem with Orange/Red/Yellow shades all being under the Red Team banner, ya know?

And yea, I'm in on RL, I've tried getting back into it on PS4, but everyone is god tier, I need a fresh pool of players to match my skill level, lol. It really was one of the best games released last year, all of you should check it out, very unique experience.

I would love for them to take this approach. No reason they couldn't. Ever since H5 came out Rocket League has had to play second fiddle but it's still one of my favorite games and I get at least a couple games in a week.

I'm surprised they have not replaced it yet. They grabbed if weeks ago. The version in MM really needs to die in a plasma fire.
I'd rather they take all the time they need even if it's months after Forgers have created/playtested these wonderful maps because they'll surely be unbreakable like every other map in matchmaking because taking all this extra time to sit on Forge maps is what's needed to ensure a quality experience because that's exactly what Halo fans want out of Forge maps in a social playlist because Halo fans love waiting eternities for even the simplest* things because how difficult can it be to slap a Forge social playlist together with the description of it being something like that Rocket League playlist where they're playtesting different things and the community understands that and it'll turn into a neat fun interactive experience with the developers and within the community itself but it's okay because we're all battered wives in the end because reasons.

Top of the page, eh? Kinda awkward..

Top Bottom