• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

clav

I'm not sure what you mean by the auto-locking thing... hydra isn't the first halo weapon to function this way. Probably the most balanced though.

I think I'm misunderstanding your comment on how it reloads... I just tap the reload button and it starts reloading.

I also don't see what's wierd about the jumps... Are you talking about nest to top mid? It does have a lip that complicates things, but it allows skilled players to crouch jump, while the lesser skilled will end up dashing and clambering. Skill gap stuff... I'm good with it.

there are a ton of skill jumps that make the map more dynamic than it gets credit for... If anyone feels confined to corridors, they are doing it wrong.

Halo 2 rocket launcher was the first.

Best to empty out the weapon completely in my experience, so I use it like a three time use weapon. Really flows better with the timing.

Not everything is all about you. It feels weird.

GG's to everyone I played with tonight!

<3

Those last two games on the Rig and Regret though, I was playing so well, 5 is so good. That first game on Riptide was awful, because Riptide is awful and that was only exasperated by my broken headset blaring in my ear. :(

I was little out of my league in those two matches haha, but it was fun. I need to up my game, I'm getting old though.

It was still fun and you're better than having a rando that can't communicate.

Trup1aya

Halo 2 rocket launcher was the first.

Best to empty out the weapon completely in my experience, so I use it like a three time use weapon. Really flows better with the timing.

Not everything is all about you. It feels weird.

Wat?

I'm just having a really hard time understanding what you are saying. Maybe I'm stupid, but the way you are wording things is confusing to me. I was just hoping you'd clarify which jumps are weird and why..

I guess you are implying I'm being self-centered... I'm not, just trying to discuss halo...

clav

Wat?

I'm just having a really hard time understanding what you are saying. Maybe I'm stupid, but the way you are wording things is confusing to me. I was just hoping you'd clarify which jumps are weird and why..

I guess you are implying I'm being self-centered... I'm not, just trying to discuss halo...

Rather than saying you're good at it, what advice can you give to make jumps better aside from adding crouch jump?

Do you practice on the map beforehand? Did you watch someone giving tips? What do you do?

Trup1aya

Rather than saying you're good at it, what advice can you give to make jumps better aside from adding crouch jump?

When did I say I was good at it? (Edit: Oh I see when I said "good with it" I meant I'm ok with the inclusion of jumps that reward skill. Not that I'm skilled myself)

First are we talking about the same jump? If we're talking about nest to top mid, I've seen people first jump ON the lip, then up to top mid. If they tap crouch, they pull it off without obstruction. If you don't crouch, I believe you can clamber cleanly.

I've seen it done in MM, but also in twitch streams. This YouTube channel is good for tips too https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=WaifjTLQRKU

Most people try to jump from nest, and the lip prevents them from getting enough distance, so they dash, then clamber. But doing those two things make them a sitting duck.

Regarding the hydra reloading, does it reload faster if empty or something?

I rarely practice before hand, unless there is a specific move I saw and want to replicate...

wooo 3v4!
we won :p

Screenshot-Original.png

Bread

Banned
picked up an elite controller

OxqjzVu.gif

played some of the 2v2 playlist last night and it was like i had transported back to 2005 with that battle rifle. fucking love this game.

Magwik

Banned
picked up an elite controller

OxqjzVu.gif

played some of the 2v2 playlist last night and it was like i had transported back to 2005 with that battle rifle. fucking love this game.
Am I bad person for taking off the paddles on my Elite Controller?

Thanks for tuning in for the Halo World Championship Latin America finals!

It was a blast the HYPE was real it was a pretty good tournament congratulations to Chosen Squad I know this guys they deserve it and I'm sure that they will make us all proud
also I finally met Stinkles in person, Frank if you are reading this thank you very much for everything I hope that you enjoyed the event and I wish you a safe trip back to Seattle

Thank you for your support everybody it means a lot to all of us here greetings from Mexico

Am I bad person for taking off the paddles on my Elite Controller?

Depends on your control scheme but with Recon I really need the paddles to be able to pull off ground pounds at all and they make jumping and aiming easier as well.

It was a blast the HYPE was real it was a pretty good tournament congratulations to Chosen Squad I know this guys they deserve it and I'm sure that they will make us all proud
also I finally met Stinkles in person, Frank if you are reading this thank you very much for everything I hope that you enjoyed the event and I wish you a safe trip back to Seattle

Thank you for your support everybody it means a lot to all of us here greetings from Mexico

It was awesome, well done! :)

clav

When did I say I was good at it? (Edit: Oh I see when I said "good with it" I meant I'm ok with the inclusion of jumps that reward skill. Not that I'm skilled myself)

First are we talking about the same jump? If we're talking about nest to top mid, I've seen people first jump ON the lip, then up to top mid. If they tap crouch, they pull it off without obstruction. If you don't crouch, I believe you can clamber cleanly.

I've seen it done in MM, but also in twitch streams. This YouTube channel is good for tips too https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=WaifjTLQRKU

Most people try to jump from nest, and the lip prevents them from getting enough distance, so they dash, then clamber. But doing those two things make them a sitting duck.

Regarding the hydra reloading, does it reload faster if empty or something?

I rarely practice before hand, unless there is a specific move I saw and want to replicate...

Thanks for a very helpful reply.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Those last two games on the Rig and Regret though, I was playing so well, 5 is so good. That first game on Riptide was awful, because Riptide is awful and that was only exasperated by my broken headset blaring in my ear. :(

It was still fun and you're better than having a rando that can't communicate.

Thanks. It's fun playing with a full fireteam. Usually it is just me and my bro.

Edit: Dat accuracy % you had, damn.

IHaveIce

Banned

It was great and really hype. Shame I understood nothing

Strider

It was cool seeing you casting
goodjob.gif

I caught very little of the finals but it seemed hype. That ground pound on CTF - Coliseum was pretty nuts lol

Akai__

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with these servers in the last few days? I had only 1 game on Plaza that played well today and the others were completely garbage. People teleporting, a whole second of screen freeze for me and my other 2 buddies in the party, shots through walls, etc.

Whatever you have done 343i... Please revert back to how it was a month ago. Thanks.

clav

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with these servers in the last few days? I had only 1 game on Plaza that played well today and the others were completely garbage. People teleporting, a whole second of screen freeze for me and my other 2 buddies in the party, shots through walls, etc.

Whatever you have done 343i... Please revert back to how it was a month ago. Thanks.

Could be the nodes connected between them, not the servers directly.

Trup1aya

So, today I learned Spring Jumping is a thing. If you jump, land in a crouch, then jump again, the result will be a higher jump than normal...

Makes sense, using your Spartan's knees to "spring"?higher.

Anyway, it results in some pretty badass routes, apparently.

TxyyTuS.gif

I'm loving this games depth...

Stole this from here

Edit: I'll die everytime I try to do it in a match (just like the fathom top mid jump. But I'm glad to know its there)

So, today I learned Spring Jumping is a thing. If you jump, land in a crouch, then jump again, the result will be a higher jump than normal...

Makes sense, using your Spartan's knees to "spring"?higher.

Anyway, it results in some pretty badass routes, apparently.

TxyyTuS.gif

I'm loving this games depth...

Stole this from here

Edit: I'll die everytime I try to do it in a match (just like the fathom top mid jump. But I'm glad to know its there)

Is this also how to do the jump to top-mid on Fathom? I could never get it...

Trup1aya

Now that you mention it, maybe... When You do the fathom jump, you HAVE to bring your feet up in order to land on the the box, then you can jump up to top mid without much effort. I'm not sure if the 'spring' effect is at play or not.

The key to the fathom jump is, aiming to grind the wall instead aiming for the box.

mo60

I donn't get lag usually, but I can't access reqs post match in either arena and warzone sometimes recently.

jem0208

Maybe I have no idea what that is... I was referring to using stabilizers to get to higher platforms. There's some wonky combination of ADS stabilizers and crouch and it just seems so clunky.

What's crouch clambering?

It's basically just crouch jumping except you clamber at the end.

Crouch jumping increases your height gain by a fairly large amount so you can clamber to higher platforms.

Now that you mention it, maybe... When You do the fathom jump, you HAVE to bring your feet up in order to land on the the box, then you can jump up to top mid without much effort. I'm not sure if the 'spring' effect is at play or not.

The key to the fathom jump is, aiming to grind the wall instead aiming for the box.
I made this gif a while ago, maybe it'll help you out. The inputs:

Jump -> Hold crouch, then let go and press A when you're about to land on that lip​

http://gfycat.com/SameNeedyAstarte

Akai__

Could be the nodes connected between them, not the servers directly.

Whatever it is. The last match was MCC "dedicated server" tier. I just want to play the game. :(

Doesn't help that I played like shit today, too.

I donn't get lag usually, but I can't access reqs post match in either arena and warzone sometimes recently.

This has also happened quite some times yesterday and today. Sometimes it recovers and sometimes it doesn't.

NOOOOOOO I was shittalked by elzar, I'm basically Elzar/OddOne tier by now

I'm pretty sure Elzar will tell us that Marines are better than you in the next Warzone session. Or maybe it's going to be Elites? Who knows?

BraXzy

It definitely requires a crouch jump, I remember seeing Lethul post on Twitch to tuck right against the wall and bounce off that moreson than the box. I never nailed it though, always forget to try it in customs.

Trup1aya

I made this gif a while ago, maybe it'll help you out. The inputs:

Jump -> Hold crouch, then let go and press A when you're about to land on that lip​

http://gfycat.com/SameNeedyAstarte

It definitely requires a crouch jump, I remember seeing Lethul post on Twitch to tuck right against the wall and bounce off that moreson than the box. I never nailed it though, always forget to try it in customs.

IN my experience, It's definately important to stress hitting the wall. the game wont register that you are on solid ground otherwise, you'll just slide off the box

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even that, it's just I'll never get it lol

If you don't play, of course you will not get it. If you do play, you will eventually get it because when you play, you get RP and that leads you to buying req packs. lol. If you don't like buying req packs then I don't know what to say.

Nothing is rare in this game because you eliminate items from the loot pool as you get them.

E92 M3

If you don't play, of course you will not get it. If you do play, you will eventually get it because when you play, you get RP and that leads you to buying req packs. lol

Nothing is rare in this game because you eliminate items from the loot pool as you get them.

The problem is I horde Req points for no logical reason. Yeah, it's stupid but I hate gambling for chances. lol

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is I horde Req points for no logical reason. Yeah, it's stupid but I hate gambling for chances. lol

Saving them does NOTHING for you. Spend them unless you just don't care about the reqs even though you do since you want the lime boom co pistol skin. Saving your RP DOES NOTHING for you. You are doing more harm to yourself because when they content drop again, that is more items into the loot pool.

Leyasu

Banned

I had a couple of games tonight with exactly the same problems that you are mentioning except getting shot around corners. Although the games were clearly on EU servers... Problems their end perhaps?!

Please 343, totally ignore his second request though. The servers or game quality has never been so consistently top notch. Those two hiccupy games tonight were a drop in the ocean compared to the smooth experiences that I have had since the last update. Please dont touch anything.

Saving them does NOTHING for you. Spend them unless you just don't care about the reqs even though you do since you want the lime boom co pistol skin. Saving your RP DOES NOTHING for you. You are doing more harm to yourself because when they content drop again, that is more items into the loot pool.
Well, if you're done with Silvers then you could save at least 60k to get the next batch of Silvers out of the way, granted there's nothing else you want from Golds in the meantime. That's the situation I'm currently in, just stocking up REQ's since I'm almost done anyway and I want to get to the next batch of Golds quicker.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if you're done with Silvers then you could save at least 60k to get the next batch of Silvers out of the way, granted there's nothing else you want from Golds in the meantime. That's the situation I'm currently in, just stocking up REQ's since I'm almost done anyway and I want to get to the next batch of Golds quicker.

I am aware of that, but I am talking to a person that chooses to not spend their RP on anything even though there are things they want.

The paddles make it different than the rest... Just use the 2 small ones.

Unless you know how to create a perfect curve with each stick. Create the perfect stop for each trigger... Thenn there isnt a reason to own thia bad boy.

Maybe someone bought the controller because it is comfortable.

Top Bottom