• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Not only is it legit, but it's apparently been in Halo since 3 or Reach... this is news to me since I hated MP in both of those games for various reasons. But it's cool none the less...

I found this vid on youtube that highlights many places to use this trick. some of these can can be done with stabilize jumps, but spring jumps can generally be done w/o having much lateral momentum. And you can stabilize after spring jumps for even more height.

Cray cray
Yeah I remember it being in reach for sure.

I'm back in the sack with my substandard play in the land of gold csr
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14766438

taking some fire to save my besties
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14754586

double kill off someone spacing out
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14735084

getting that faux-perfect kill with 2-3 missed shots
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14735101

being pissy
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738743

staying alive in a hopeless loss by missing more shots
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738804

playing bad but it doesn't matter cuz i'm stuck in gold csrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738836

Such a trigger happy soul.

Everytime I go into search, I wait for minutes on end and then it gives me a message saying not enough players could be found. Other Xbone online games connect no problems, Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2.

I'm worried it's my ping. When I ping in the network settings, I get 250ms, when I ping the Titanfall servers in game I get 30ms.

Can anyone help? I would love to play H5 online.

What mode are you trying?
I struggle to find a warzone assault game but vanilla warzone is always fast... Plus the servers are in australia so it's great.

Not sure what to suggest mate?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Thanks for tuning in for the Halo World Championship Latin America finals!

It was a blast the HYPE was real it was a pretty good tournament congratulations to Chosen Squad I know this guys they deserve it and I'm sure that they will make us all proud
also I finally met Stinkles in person, Frank if you are reading this thank you very much for everything I hope that you enjoyed the event and I wish you a safe trip back to Seattle

Thank you for your support everybody it means a lot to all of us here greetings from Mexico

AtomicJorge is dreamy in real life. Also apparently the "George/Jorge" joke I wrote for FoR animation is not in the Spanish version. Which sort of makes sense I guess.

Such a trigger happy soul.

My aim is terrible, too, so I hate playing no shields game types.

Do you team up with anyone on GAF?
I haven't. Mainly, it's because I never know when I can be on. Sometimes I only play 2-3 games of warzone assault before i go to work in the morning. Other times i can sneak in a few games of slayer during the day. The worst part is that i usually jump into matchmaking completely cold and then have to stop by the time i'm warmed up. Occasionally i get a solid 2+ hour stretch in. The last 2 weeks though i've been on a lot more than usual. My wife's not a fan, so that doesn't help.

EDIT:
omg that's hilarious and awful all at once. can't stand it when people afk in games but that made me laugh.

Stackboy

What mode are you trying?
I struggle to find a warzone assault game but vanilla warzone is always fast... Plus the servers are in australia so it's great.

Not sure what to suggest mate?

I use to be able to get Warzone games, but now I can't get into any gametypes.

I've googled around and a few other Australians have had the same issue.

Other online games on PC and PS4 and even Xbone don't have connection problems. It's just weird.

Other online games on PC and PS4 and even Xbone don't have connection problems. It's just weird.

You're not alone. A friend I've played Halo games with for 10+ years can't play H5 at all this season, he never finds a match. Reinstalled, hard reset, new HDD etc etc. If he searches solo or in a party with us we just don't find matches. He was fine last season and previous games/consoles on the same net connection.

For 343 staff readers his GT is MercilessPat and he's tried ranked (last season) and unranked (this season) matches. All fine pre the last update/season, this season he can't match any playlist and is unranked in all of them. He's tried the middle of the day searching, dinner time and late night too. Nada. He's an Onyx tier player err day if that's relevant.

Literally just last night he said he's done with Halo and is thinking of breaking the disc :( Probably the best player I regularly play with since H3 too.

It's sucks for 343 with the Aussie population ups and downs but things aren't improving to promote or keep players searching, they're going backwards.

Madness

There is no p2p in this game. Every mode requires a dedicated server. Additionally they balance region and skill matching. So golds and plats will probably have a much larger player pool than if you were an Onyx player.

Australians are screwed by the fact they're probably being limited only to Aussie players which wouldn't be so bad if you had several hundred thousands of players. But Halo 5 sales, Xbox One sales are nothing to write home about. I mean some days when Battlefront is ahead of Halo 5 they only have like 12k current, 35k 24 hour peak high. Which would mean that Australia has what, a few hundred players on at a time, spread amongst campaign , warzone and arena. That's probably why it takes forever to populate a warzone assault if it even happens.

How it was at launch the game was perfect. Whatever they've done since the Christmas update is when I started noticing lag and rubber banding at times. I think if you're outside NA and UK, you're going to have it tough.

There is no p2p in this game. Every mode requires a dedicated server. Additionally they balance region and skill matching. So golds and plats will probably have a much larger player pool than if you were an Onyx player.

Australians are screwed by the fact they're probably being limited only to Aussie players which wouldn't be so bad if you had several hundred thousands of players. But Halo 5 sales, Xbox One sales are nothing to write home about. I mean some days when Battlefront is ahead of Halo 5 they only have like 12k current, 35k 24 hour peak high. Which would mean that Australia has what, a few hundred players on at a time, spread amongst campaign , warzone and arena. That's probably why it takes forever to populate a warzone assault if it even happens.

How it was at launch the game was perfect. Whatever they've done since the Christmas update is when I started noticing lag and rubber banding at times. I think if you're outside NA and UK, you're going to have it tough.

Yeah I'm in Asia where Xbox and Halo sales barely exists, the only playlists I can find games in are TA, Slayer and normal Warzone, I might try get VPN up my router and play on America instead sometime.

It isn't a population thing by the sounds if it, im in australia and I find games on most playlists straight away.

These guys aren't getting matched in any game mode, but I can confirm there are games going on all day.

This is really weird, I hope it gets sorted

This matchmaking sometimes. We went down 1-10 right at the start and I already knew it was going to be one of those games. Final score was 50-25 (Hey I got two assassinations at least!) Anyways, I look at the ranks at the end. They had two Onyxes that were +2000 and Champions last season, then they had two people on brand new accounts (levels 4 and 5). My team was me (Onyx 15XX) and three diamond fours...lol

I'm guessing they were playing with the new accounts to lower MM times.

Ran into a lot of GAF tonight! Small world.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

mo60

Won a breakout match during my play session today.The crazy thing is that we were done by 3 and were about to get eliminated, but the enemy team completely collapsed and we managed to take the win at the end.

And this glitch is appearing more often now whenever I play this game.At least the game did not freeze this time unlike the first time I experienced this glitch. I wish I could play a 96+ players warzone match on battle of noctus.
Screenshot-Original.png

It still is the Halo content I'm anticipating the most (more so than Halo Wars 2 or anything), although it definitely feels like it's been canceled once again.
Was that not nightfall? Cause I honestly thought nightfall was the tv show. But if there actual is a show then that's actually kind of cool but idk almost no new news has came out about anything of a future tv show.

Was that not nightfall? Cause I honestly thought nightfall was the tv show. But if there actual is a show then that's actually kind of cool but idk almost no new news has came out about anything of a future tv show.

Different projects, Nightfall was Ridley Scott, that TV show is supposed to be produced/directed by Steven Spielberg.

You should come hang out with me at work. Not the best, but not the worst either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dayum

Different projects, Nightfall was Ridley Scott, that TV show is supposed to be produced/directed by Steven Spielberg.

Dayum
I've been tempted to bring my xbox to work, but that would be a disaster. I'd get nothing done. My boss would come in in the morning and wonder what the heck i was doing. "um, sorry i gotta finish this warzone assault match. I'm only 1000 req points away from being able to open another silver pack!" :D

This games server's have continued to get worse and the map rotation is even shittier then before. Seriously what in the actual fuck is going on. Makes me stop playing far quicker then I normally would. I can't be playing Empire so many damn times.

This was my sessions from today map wise, Team Slayer:

The Rig (Match took me to a loading screen after a minute for no reason)
Eden
Empire
Riptide
Empire
Overgrowth
Empire
Pegasus
Riptide
Coliseum
Plaza
Empire

There are so many other maps in this game, why does it stick you on the same shit over and over?

No Truth, no Regret, no Fathom

This was yesterday's session, Team Slayer:

Regret
Pegasus
Riptide
Eden
Riptide
Eden
Riptide
Regret
Plaza
Pegasus
Riptide

Seriously fuck this shit, it's getting so frustrating. The gameplay is there, but this whole map situation sucks big time. There are some truly terrible maps in this game that get put into the rotation so much and other decent maps get left out. There shouldn't be so many repeats, the biggest blemish on this game has to do with the maps.

Loomba

My issue with the servers the way they are at the moment is if you get disconnected it still takes off progress from your ranking as if you lost the match. It should be able to recognise that it was an involuntary d/c.

It's happened to me 3 times now and each time I was on a team up by like 20 kills. Why can't it ever happen when I am losing ;_;

The connections when they are working in EU are fucking solid now, but when they aren't they suck big time. Hopefully they stabilize over the next few days.

I'm 100% sure the asian population of the game is completely dead, the game has been completely shit since couple days ago when I start getting only Aussies, not even Koreans or South East Asians, playing on Aussie dedis means the majority of shots don't register, and occasionally teleporting through the map. Threw the elite at the desk last game now I can't find one of the paddles, ugh.

Akai__

I was going through some Spartan Companies on Waypoint to check the levels for Level 4 Commendations among other things and I encountered multiple people that have "All time top CSR" = Valentine's Double Date. Here is a Champion 1 in that very playlist. Found it weird, that these hidden ranks are still being shown, even if we know that social really isn't social anymore.

Trup1aya

I was going through some Spartan Companies on Waypoint to check the levels for Level 4 Commendations among other things and I encountered multiple people that have "All time top CSR" = Valentine's Double Date. Here is a Champion 1 in that very playlist. Found it weird, that these hidden ranks are still being shown, even if we know that social really isn't social anymore.

So what are some of the lvl for requirements you've uncovered?

Akai__

So what are some of the lvl for requirements you've uncovered?

For Level 5:
  • Spartan kills = 486000 - We are on 3/5 with 83221/240000
  • Assassination = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 491/1500
  • Spartan Charge = 9700 - We are on 3/5 with 815/3000
  • Ground Pound = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 1182/1500
  • Power Weapon = 97200 - We are on 3/5 with 27116/30000

Add Level 4 requirements on top of that and we will maybe be done 1 day prior to Halo 6 release. :p

You can look up the others (for example) on the Whiskey Spartan Company and compare it ours.

wwm0nkey

TWC has been okay since I replaced my modem but I still get those game stopping hits of lag where everyone is walking into a wall. I really hope that patch really does fix that issue.

Top Bottom