• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

My last five games of Slayer:

Overgrowth
Riptide
Riptide
Pegasus
Pegasus

200.gif

I don't mind Riptide as much, but it just comes up all too often.

picked up an elite controller

http://i.imgur.com/OxqjzVu.gif[IMG]

played some of the 2v2 playlist last night and it was like i had transported back to 2005 with that battle rifle. fucking love this game.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had/have more time to play the Valentine playlist, shit was on point.

[quote="StaticJam, post: 195362105"]Am I bad person for taking off the paddles on my Elite Controller?[/QUOTE]

Fuck yes.

[quote="Trup1aya, post: 195373805"]So, today I learned Spring Jumping is a thing. If you jump, land in a crouch, then jump again, the result will be a higher jump than normal...

Makes sense, using your Spartan's knees to "spring"?higher.

Anyway, it results in some pretty badass routes, apparently.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TxyyTuS.gif[img]

I'm loving this games depth...

Stole this from[url=http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12342-the-rig-spring-jump-rail-1-to-rail-2-window-to-window/#entry685049] here[/url]

Edit: I'll die everytime I try to do it in a match (just like the fathom top mid jump. But I'm glad to know its there)[/QUOTE]

Are you/they sure this isn't just the jump+hold crouch+clamber doing its work? I'll have to give it a go an see.

IHaveIce

Banned

Overgrowth
Riptide
Riptide
Pegasus
Pegasus

200.gif

This... Riptide is bearable sometimes.. but the other? Garbage and come up way too much, I don't even remember my last Slayer on Truth..Or Empire.. damn

Overgrowth
Riptide
Riptide
Pegasus
Pegasus

200.gif

I would like to see the data on if the current system works more efficiently in providing diversity as opposed to the veto and voting systems of previous games.

Trup1aya

Wish I had/have more time to play the Valentine playlist, shit was on point.

Fuck yes.

Are you/they sure this isn't just the jump+hold crouch+clamber doing its work? I'll have to give it a go an see.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to hold crouch in the air to pull this off. You just have to land in a crouch prior to to your big jump.

I would like to see the data on if the current system works more efficiently in providing diversity as opposed to the veto and voting systems of previous games.

I'd like to see a Veto system back personally. With a 3x rule per lobby, it could work. Got Riptide for a 2nd time? Veto? Hopefully, you wouldn't need to use all three vetoes in a lobby.

BraXzy

It really doesn't feel like it does. But it's hard to figure out (on our end) if it's actually doing a poor job since you often back out/change playlist.

I'd take a veto system anyday. Maybe do pairings so you have two to pick from instead of the usual 3, set up a pair that is Overgrowth and Riptide if that's what it takes to have them still picked :L

The only problem with their system is that the lobbys disband after each game, so I believe it's hard to select a different map for everybody is the room.

E92 M3

Saving them does NOTHING for you. Spend them unless you just don't care about the reqs even though you do since you want the lime boom co pistol skin. Saving your RP DOES NOTHING for you. You are doing more harm to yourself because when they content drop again, that is more items into the loot pool.

I guess I'll buy some more silvers lol

link1201

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with these servers in the last few days? I had only 1 game on Plaza that played well today and the others were completely garbage. People teleporting, a whole second of screen freeze for me and my other 2 buddies in the party, shots through walls, etc.

Whatever you have done 343i... Please revert back to how it was a month ago. Thanks.
Yeah they have been hit or miss for a couple weeks. I was trying to move the whole time. :/

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Link1201/video/14813088

Sulik2

I'm thinking about getting rid of my copy of Halo 5, what are the chances we get a griffball variant back in the game? Thats really the only thing that would keep me playing.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to hold crouch in the air to pull this off. You just have to land in a crouch prior to to your big jump.

That's what I'm saying if you jump and hold crouch then clamber you get to ledges you normally can't. I think the method they're using by spring crouch jump first is just that mechanic kicking in is all.

Madness

Overgrowth is far too claustrophobic and corridor based for my tastes. Doesn't help they made it look like a dark swamp either. Power weapons like shotgun and sword dominate on it. Things like binary rifles would never work since you'd probably get some spawn behind you and spartan charge. It just constantly feels like I'm running a maze. I like riptide much better.

So far almost every remix plays worse than the map it's based off of. If Plaza 'works'why would you expect a Plaza inspired map but that does the exact opposite would work better?

BraXzy

I'm thinking about getting rid of my copy of Halo 5, what are the chances we get a griffball variant back in the game? Thats really the only thing that would keep me playing.

It's literally one of the major things coming with this months update, so good news! :D

D:
I'd rather hold the controller comfortably

Did you try different combinations of paddles? I grip the controller with both sets of my last two fingers, hover my middle fingers over the small paddles, triggers with index ofc.

That is insane. I'd rage if that was me. Closest I've gotten to a Killionaire is 8 and that was in SWAT.

blamite

I can't wait for Pegasus to get removed from matchmaking... -_-

Aside from Orion, dev forge maps never seem to get rotated out though, so I'm not super hopeful.

Haruko

Just played a WZ assault game on offense where a teammate spent our entire game standing where his spartan takes up the respawn screen camera angle, teabagging the air. :|

I got booted for splattering him, because I accidentally splattered another AFK teammate as I made my way up the ridge.

m23

The paddles make it different than the rest... Just use the 2 small ones.

Unless you know how to create a perfect curve with each stick. Create the perfect stop for each trigger... Thenn there isnt a reason to own thia bad boy.

I use the trigger locks for Halo and that's about it. The controller does have a great feel as well, its just that the paddles make it real uncomfortable for me so I took them off. The controller feels a ton better than the standard even without the paddles. Luckily I didn't pay close to full price for it at launch, thanks to amazon messing up.

Goddamn the servers are laggy tonight.

Got put in 2 matches that I'm just rubber-banding like crazy, so I back out of them, next thing I know, I get hit with a 20 minute ban.

GG. Guess I'm not playing Halo tonight.

Trup1aya

So fucking frustrating!!! Just cleared my Arsenal and spend 40k on silver packs, and got a shit ton of armors, emblems and turret certs I'll never use...

Who do I have to screw to get a DMR of some kind?

On another note, I had my most fun game of Warzone yet. Reqs weren't working for me, but we're working for everyone else. So I spent the entire match scavenging for weapons and vehicles... I ended up second in kills on my team, and tried out a bunch of weapons I normally would have skipped over. It was so much fun I decided to sell my whole req collection and get more silvers out of the way...

That's what I'm saying if you jump and hold crouch then clamber you get to ledges you normally can't. I think the method they're using by spring crouch jump first is just that mechanic kicking in is all.

I dunno, I tried it by just jumping then crouchimg + clamber and I can't get it to work. But when I jump, land in a crouch, then jump again, I can nail it 50% of the time... The other 50, I fall to my death because I missed the ledge...

Could be placebo...

It's definitely not.

Edit: Ok wow. Spring jump is legit. Crazy hard though, for me at least, to perform regularly. To be able to pull that jump off on the rig mid game is insane.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So fucking frustrating!!! Just cleared my Arsenal and spend 40k on silver packs, and got a shit ton of armors, emblems and turret certs I'll never use...

Who do I have to screw to get a DMR of some kind?

On another note, I had my most fun game of Warzone yet. Reqs weren't working for me, but we're working for everyone else. So I spent the entire match scavenging for weapons and vehicles... I ended up second in kills on my team, and tried out a bunch of weapons I normally would have skipped over. It was so much fun I decided to sell my whole req collection and get more silvers out of the way...

I dunno, I tried it by just jumping then crouchimg + clamber and I can't get it to work. But when I jump, land in a crouch, then jump again, I can nail it 50% of the time... The other 50, I fall to my death because I missed the ledge...

Could be placebo...

I had a Warzone match this morning too where the Reqs weren't working for me.

It definitely requires a crouch jump, I remember seeing Lethul post on Twitch to tuck right against the wall and bounce off that moreson than the box. I never nailed it though, always forget to try it in customs.

I can sometimes pull it off without crouching sometimes I just fell off the lip, it is weird.

Stackboy

What do you mean Stackboy?

I'm in australia and im put into matches against aussies and kiwis on local dedicated servers... And I can usually always find games straight away.

Everytime I go into search, I wait for minutes on end and then it gives me a message saying not enough players could be found. Other Xbone online games connect no problems, Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2.

I'm worried it's my ping. When I ping in the network settings, I get 250ms, when I ping the Titanfall servers in game I get 30ms.

Can anyone help? I would love to play H5 online.

Trup1aya

It's definitely not.

Edit: Ok wow. Spring jump is legit. Crazy hard though, for me at least, to perform regularly. To be able to pull that jump off on the rig mid game is insane.

Not only is it legit, but it's apparently been in Halo since 3 or Reach... this is news to me since I hated MP in both of those games for various reasons. But it's cool none the less...

I found this vid on youtube that highlights many places to use this trick. some of these can can be done with stabilize jumps, but spring jumps can generally be done w/o having much lateral momentum. And you can stabilize after spring jumps for even more height.

Cray cray

I'm back in the sack with my substandard play in the land of gold csr
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14766438

taking some fire to save my besties
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14754586

double kill off someone spacing out
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14735084

getting that faux-perfect kill with 2-3 missed shots
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14735101

being pissy
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738743

staying alive in a hopeless loss by missing more shots
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738804

playing bad but it doesn't matter cuz i'm stuck in gold csrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/14738836

RPS37

So I've had a lot of time for this to sink in and I just want to say...
I love Team Slayer. Shit is so good.

Top Bottom