• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fotos

So who's the highest level in HaloGAF? I know I'm not the highest but I'm level 109.

Really wish there was a section in-game for Spartan Company. Shows who's on and you can access all their profiles... weird how it's not in the game.

G-DannY

Cant win a single game tonight, what the actual f

bad losing streaks are becoming more common everyday. thinking about warzone, probably this is tied to more and more full teams starting to farm against randoms.

queueing solo is now only a gamble. Basically I'm one of the top scorers (not in regards of kills that are not the main objective in wz) in every game, especially in the ones I've lost.

there is clearly something screwed in the matchmaking, also apart from full teams restrictions.

xLpp0tc.png

Shylock

bad losing streaks are becoming more common everyday. thinking about warzone, probably this is tied to more and more full teams starting to farm against randoms.

queueing solo is now only a gamble. Basically I'm one of the top scorers (not in regards of kills that are not the main objective in wz) in every game, especially in the ones I've lost.

there is clearly something screwed in the matchmaking, also apart from full teams restrictions.

xLpp0tc.png

I've queued solo 99% of the time, and I mostly agree -- more and more the team I'm on gets completely rolled (or completely rolls the other team)

On the other hand, I've also seen way too many people obsessed with # of kills instead of objectives, or so obsessed with capturing the middle base that they just basically throw themselves into a neverending meat grinder when they'd be better served dropping a boss or capturing an armory.

G-DannY

I've queued solo 99% of the time, and I mostly agree -- more and more the team I'm on gets completely rolled (or completely rolls the other team)

On the other hand, I've also seen way too many people obsessed with # of kills instead of objectives, or so obsessed with capturing the middle base that they just basically throw themselves into a neverending meat grinder when they'd be better served dropping a boss or capturing an armory.

Rewards tied to kill commendations are clearly hurting the game

so the way the weekly update is phrased i cant really tell if thats ALL the UI updates were getting or theres more on the way.

Itd be pretty fuckin sad if after the whole community has been crying out for better post game and pre game lobbies, medals, tools of destruction, even just a return to the amount of information shown in the BETA between matches, warzone weapon selection improvements, browsing req improvements, and more...

and then 343 said BUBUBU COLORS!

Ryde3

So who's the highest level in HaloGAF? I know I'm not the highest but I'm level 109.

Really wish there was a section in-game for Spartan Company. Shows who's on and you can access all their profiles... weird how it's not in the game.

Ya the fact I can't even JOIN a company through the game is just super, super odd. Having a clan tab would be awesome. Leaderboards, etc.

Ramirez

so the way the weekly update is phrased i cant really tell if thats ALL the UI updates were getting or theres more on the way.

Itd be pretty fuckin sad if after the whole community has been crying out for better post game and pre game lobbies, medals, tools of destruction, even just a return to the amount of information shown in the BETA between matches, warzone weapon selection improvements, browsing req improvements, and more...

and then 343 said BUBUBU COLORS!

Believe it or not, not all problems are fixed by the same people, nor are they all fixed in the same amount of time.

The commendations have nothing to do with that behavior, lol. Most of the kill commendations actually push you to do all of the things in the game, such as kill bosses and small AI.

Shylock

I don't think it helps, and a lot of it is just human behavior, but I really think that changing up some of the maps would help a great deal. I'm really not an expert, and I'm probably talking out my ass here, but, to me, Apex 7 really feels like it encourages people to leave the center of the map and actually go after the bosses and do work, while the other maps give such a huge advantage to just camping the middle for the 150pt bosses.

But again, I'm not an expert -- I just really like playing Apex 7 :D

Ramirez

Commendations definitely do change how people play the game, they need to go. Halo 3 achievements all over again lol.

Outside of groups like yours who probably farm kids in WZ Assault, how so? Groups have been farming bad players in every online MP game since its inception.

The kill commendations are all stuff that just happens naturally while playing. With or without them, there would still be groups in WZ that push you to your Core and just farm you the rest of the match, heh.

G-DannY

Outside of groups like yours who probably farm kids in WZ Assault, how so? Groups have been farming bad players in every online MP game since its inception.

The kill commendations are all stuff that just happens naturally while playing. With or without them, there would still be groups in WZ that push you to your Core and just farm you the rest of the match, heh.

This of course.

But having Achilles armor and helmet as reward for SC kill commendations (insanely high) is another thing.

Seen plenty of announcement of SC calling up people to farm just to reach that armor/helmet.

Individual commendations are totally another topic.

Karl2177

The commendations have nothing to do with that behavior, lol. Most of the kill commendations actually push you to do all of the things in the game, such as kill bosses and small AI.

While people have been doing it forever, you give them something to farm for, and they will do it. I think there's a place for rewards and commendations, but not at the end tier after an incredibly grindy experience.

BraXzy

I encountered multiple people that have "All time top CSR" = Valentine's Double Date. Here is a Champion 1 in that very playlist. Found it weird, that these hidden ranks are still being shown, even if we know that social really isn't social anymore.

Huh, so it's literally just had the rank and placement UI disabled to not be viewable. Oops.

For Level 5:
  • Spartan kills = 486000 - We are on 3/5 with 83221/240000
  • Assassination = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 491/1500
  • Spartan Charge = 9700 - We are on 3/5 with 815/3000
  • Ground Pound = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 1182/1500
  • Power Weapon = 97200 - We are on 3/5 with 27116/30000

Add Level 4 requirements on top of that and we will maybe be done 1 day prior to Halo 6 release. :p

Wow that's insane. We need 10 times the assassinations and 5 times our total Spartan kills. When did the Kill Commendations start tracking? From launch or wasn't it a time when they updated the SC's?

Haruko

Wow that's insane. We need 10 times the assassinations and 5 times our total Spartan kills. When did the Kill Commendations start tracking? From launch or wasn't it a time when they updated the SC's?

They didn't start counting til they added the commendations to SCs, yeah

xLpp0tc.png

Lg7FZNv.png

Eh I guess it is just matchmaking balancing my win-rate lol, it is infuriating though.

BraXzy

They didn't start counting til they added the commendations to SCs, yeah

Thought so. Does anyone have a date for when that happened? We could guestimate an actual time for completion for some of these lmao. But then again, people are gonna be playing less and less as the months go by once the major releases of this year drop.

I mean have they even confirmed they're redoing the UI?

I'm pretty sure I've seen Bravo mention multiple times big changes to the UI coming. Might have commented on a Reddit thread about it too. And he's always mentioning walking past people in the studio working on stuff he can't talk about yet, who knows.

Strider

Everyone is different but I don't care about winning/losing in Warzone at all. I just enjoy it for it being a chaotic game mode where I can use cool power weapons.

In the end you make up such a small percentage of your team since you're only 1/12 so your individual impact is little in the grand scheme of things even if you play well... So I'm not gonna be concerned with my win rate in a mode like that.

Haruko

Thought so. Does anyone have a date for when that happened? We could guestimate an actual time for completion for some of these lmao. But then again, people are gonna be playing less and less as the months go by once the major releases of this year drop.

I believe the SC Comms went up in December

Akai__

Huh, so it's literally just had the rank and placement UI disabled to not be viewable. Oops.

Yup. This is known since people found it in the API.

lol

You seem to be forgetting, that you start from 0 again, as soon as we reach Level 4 and that's an other 3000 assassinations. Same goes for anything else.

G-DannY

Everyone is different but I don't care about winning/losing in Warzone at all. I just enjoy it for it being a chaotic game mode where I can use cool power weapons.

In the end you make up such a small percentage of your team since you're only 1/12 so your individual impact is little in the grand scheme of things even if you play well... So I'm not gonna be concerned with my win rate in a mode like that.

not really worried about w/l and less more about k/d

simple rant is that 7 times out of 10 when you lose is because you've been steamrolled without any possibility to comeback, and so you start seeing people quit out, or just stand back in spawn base running in circles for the rest of the game

that 3 game out of 10 when you lose tight, the game is a clusterfuck of fun

Strider

So roughly two months. So if we had to guestimate some level 5 ones will take a year if people continue to play at the current pace. GG Achilles.

Which wont happen... A lot of people will inevitably play other games and play more casually at some point.

Achilles helmet wont be acquired for a very long time if ever.

IHaveIce

Banned
These commendation tiers make me seriously question the companies that are close to the finish.

Do these guys have a social life? Work? What do they play etc

Trup1aya

For Level 5:
  • Spartan kills = 486000 - We are on 3/5 with 83221/240000
  • Assassination = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 491/1500
  • Spartan Charge = 9700 - We are on 3/5 with 815/3000
  • Ground Pound = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 1182/1500
  • Power Weapon = 97200 - We are on 3/5 with 27116/30000

Add Level 4 requirements on top of that and we will maybe be done 1 day prior to Halo 6 release. :p

You can look up the others (for example) on the Whiskey Spartan Company and compare it ours.

All I want is the helmet... We're never gonna get the helmet are we? :(

Also, we need a shit ton of Promethean kills. We need a Warzone firefight badly...

Loomba

We are at least going to get the armour right?

I've been assassinating and spartan charging like a horse trying to contribute :\

Ramirez

While people have been doing it forever, you give them something to farm for, and they will do it. I think there's a place for rewards and commendations, but not at the end tier after an incredibly grindy experience.

I mean I've played like 400 games of WZ and been Core camped maybe 10 times? I just don't think it's an issue really.

Trup1aya

I mean I've played like 400 games of WZ and been Core camped maybe 10 times? I just don't think it's an issue really.

I have the most fun being core camped... It's when I rack up the most kills usually...

Also, I've snuck out a few times and been able to rack up on marine kills...

I guess it helps that I don't give a shit about whether I win or lose...

Ramirez

Sometimes I don't even know if they're camping, or just know they can't get into the core room. The base is so poorly designed it encourages stalemates.

Sulik2

Am I bad person for taking off the paddles on my Elite Controller?
I like you. I dislike the Elite quite a bit. Can't hold the controller comfortably with the paddles on because of how stupidly heavy the controller is.

WEEEE! Griffball is coming back!

Trying to level up from diamond to onyx in slayer is one of the worst experiences in gaming for me. The quality of the teammates is awful compared to arena diamonds and onyxs.

I'm a onyx 1700 in arena and finish 1st on my team in most slayer matches yet can't win slayer games because most of these players play like gold ranks.

Fuchsdh

Arena REQ Bundle is up.

Here is what you can expect to get. You'll get your promised Mark V Alpha if you already haven't and you get boosts for your consumables.

Ooooh, that Rime visor looks nice. Definitely think MkV Alpha with the MkIV helmet or Buck's ODST helmet will be my Final Form customization
In 2017 when I've gotten through these silver REQs

In terms of UI, what are people's big bugbears? The medals/detailed stats postgame is a big one, but my only other major gripe is REQ sorting. Having date acquired/rarity/all type filters would be nice, but if they only made one change I'd like them just to stack variants on top of each other until you specifically select that armor. Reducing the clutter of the 2 or 3 or 4 version of Recruit, MkVI, etc would drastically clean up the screens.

Top Bottom