• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Ramirez

So roughly two months. So if we had to guestimate some level 5 ones will take a year if people continue to play at the current pace. GG Achilles.

Our SC was probably 50% inactive for a month or more of that. We still have people in it who have played less than 50 games of WZ, which doesn't contribute much of anything, TBH.

My biggest UI gripe at the moment is how slow the REQ menu is during Warzone games. D:

We should be able to disable permanent loadout REQs from within our Collections screen by pressing LS/RS when they're selected, e.g. I don't want to use 90% of my AR variants.

That way, in game the loadout menus will be faster and filled with far less noise.

Ramirez

We coulld always get a team of 4 in SWAT and exclusively Spartan charge and ground pound the enemy team

I mentioned this the other day, all it would take is people getting 5-10 per day and SC would be done in a few weeks. I was met with SWAT? My KD?? So...yea. lol

Fuchsdh

We should be able to disable permanent loadout REQs from within our Collections screen by pressing LS/RS when they're selected, e.g. I don't want to use 90% of my AR variants.

That way, in game the loadout menus will be faster and filled with far less noise.

Dunno if it would actually speed up the game's performance on a technical level, but it would definitely still save time from the player's perspective.

At a certain point the higher-level REQs are undoubtably better right? Laser < Stabilizers, etc. So if you have the best card I feel like that should be the only option for that SKU (Longshot, Recon, etc.) and the others would be hidden at that REQ level.

Trup1aya

I mentioned this the other day, all it would take is people getting 5-10 per day and SC would be done in a few weeks. I was met with SWAT? My KD?? So...yea. lol

Had an opportunity for one the other day... Got ninja'd...

My playstyle just doesn't lend itself to SCs...

I tried swat, I just get shot in the face...

agreed, you should definitely be allowed to hide the ones you don't ever use.

RyanW

Be interesting to see what someone gets if they have all the current unlocks, since they used the new CE pistol stance for this bundle's cover. Like, is that in the bundle somewhere?

You get 9k RP. 3k for every perm unlock. The CE Stance isn't included in the bundle unless you wait for the Hammer Storm update and want to try and get it from that

link1201

I've been doing it. I'm down to a gold 1 rank in swat and matching against silver and bronze players. I get 5-10 sc depending on the map. I feel like an ass but now that I'm matching such low ranks I'm starting to be one of the players with the most kills just doing sc lol.

I just bought the brand new Arena REQ bundle and yes I can confirm that the first thing that you will unlock is the Mark V Alpha armor and helmet!

pbBTtaL.png

jfoul

So who's the highest level in HaloGAF? I know I'm not the highest but I'm level 109.

Really wish there was a section in-game for Spartan Company. Shows who's on and you can access all their profiles... weird how it's not in the game.

I'm SR141, but there might be higher in the SC. After unlocking all of the REQs I've taken a break the last 3-4 days.

Edit: During this "break", I've accrued 72k RP.

For Level 5:
  • Spartan kills = 486000 - We are on 3/5 with 83221/240000
  • Assassination = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 491/1500
  • Spartan Charge = 9700 - We are on 3/5 with 815/3000
  • Ground Pound = 4900 - We are on 3/5 with 1182/1500
  • Power Weapon = 97200 - We are on 3/5 with 27116/30000

So if I'm reading this correctly, and there are 100 members per Spartan Company, then some people just need to step their game up. Divide all the tier 5 requirements by 100 and you have the per member requirement.
  • Spartan kills = 4,860
  • Assassination = 49
  • Spartan Charge = 97
  • Ground Pound = 49
  • Power Weapon = 972
What I'm basically saying is drop some dead weight from the company and get me in.

Edit: Is this the increment requirement after reaching rank 4 then? That would make sense, instead of the accumulated total across all ranks.

blamite

I know there's probably like a memory limit or something that prevents it but how awesome would it be if instead of choosing a single assassination animation you could choose like 3 or 4 to get randomly selected from when you get an assassination?

I need to get closer to finishing Silver packs so I can buy the Arena bundle and not get ripped off :(

Ramirez

I've been doing it. I'm down to a gold 1 rank in swat and matching against silver and bronze players. I get 5-10 sc depending on the map. I feel like an ass but now that I'm matching such low ranks I'm starting to be one of the players with the most kills just doing sc lol.

Awesome, take us to the promised land!

Ryde3

Wish I was in the company earlier, my 11k + kills would've really helped. Gotten about 1k since I joined last weekend though.

Everyone is different but I don't care about winning/losing in Warzone at all. I just enjoy it for it being a chaotic game mode where I can use cool power weapons.

Same, I used to care way to much, but i'm at the point where I obviously dont want to lose but don't really care a whole lot. Trying to enjoy the ride.

These commendation tiers make me seriously question the companies that are close to the finish.

Do these guys have a social life? Work? What do they play etc

Part time job here, looking for another. Waiting to sign up for college in the fall. I'm a 145, which is way to much gametime, but some of the people higher than me put crazy amounts of time into the game. Honestly I did alot of grinding just for the slight twitch publicity. "#1 Warzone lobby, Achilles world first, Every REQ in the game" makes for a nice title.

Arena REQ Bundle is up.

Here is what you can expect to get. You'll get your promised Mark V Alpha if you already haven't and you get boosts for your consumables.

Sweet, thanks for making the video. IMO I would want more than this for $25 even if you get 12 weeks of these. 343 has to be saving up the REQ $ for season 3/HWC 2. No way it hasn't budged since the 2mil announcement. Still hoping for a PvE expansion announced at E3 with a F2P announcement. 5mil HWC 2017? yes plz.

I bought the Arena req pack thing just because. It's pretty much just an extra 18k req points for me each week. Plus it'll be useful when Hammer Storm comes out.

blamite

Three minor tweaks that'd improve gameplay a lot:

• being able to buffer weapon swapping during a thrust
  • scoping the Hydra should cancel its reload animation, right now it's incredibly awkward having to YY if you see someone while reloading
  • a toggle to remove the delay on midair melees. I know it's there so I don't have to whiff a melee before charging a ground pound, but I wouldn't mind that! Air melees are super awkward now due to the input delay

IHaveIce

Banned
So if I'm reading this correctly, and there are 100 members per Spartan Company, then some people just need to step their game up. Divide all the tier 5 requirements by 100 and you have the per member requirement.
  • Spartan kills = 4,860
  • Assassination = 49
  • Spartan Charge = 97
  • Ground Pound = 49
  • Power Weapon = 972
What I'm basically saying is drop some dead weight from the company and get me in.

Edit: Is this the increment requirement after reaching rank 4 then? That would make sense, instead of the accumulated total across all ranks.
This is only the incremental req, not the total one

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Do they detail somewhere what is needed form Spartan Companies for each armor? I really had no idea you couldn't get that armor just from req unlocks...

EDIT:
Another question, what do you all have the new control settings at? Trying to find my sweet spot...

I wonder what I'll get if I buy that. I maxed out every pack.

REQ points back I'd think.

You could buy it and save the packs for the new reqs that get added, that way you could skip to the legendary and ultra rare items before finishing the lower tier stuff.

BradC00

so you can get the stuff in the new req pack by just buying req packs with req points? (holy shit i'm having a stroke, I've said req too many times)

I think i'll just keep buying req packs with req points until I unlock all of them if that's the case.

Does anyone know how to get the cowboy ninja emblem? No sources are really clear on that and I've never seen it in matchmaking. It must be awarded for completing some insane commendation or something I guess.

BradC00

so you can get the stuff in the new req pack by just buying req packs with req points? (holy shit i'm having a stroke, I've said req too many times)

I think i'll just keep buying req packs with req points until I unlock all of them if that's the case.

nevermind. the impulse is too stronk in me.

BraXzy

I know there's probably like a memory limit or something that prevents it but how awesome would it be if instead of choosing a single assassination animation you could choose like 3 or 4 to get randomly selected from when you get an assassination?

I need to get closer to finishing Silver packs so I can buy the Arena bundle and not get ripped off :(

An assassination shuffle would be an awesome thing. I have at least three I'd like to pick between.

Yo. Fuck this.

vGdozGl.gif

God that is the worst when that happens. I stopped playing SWAT as much because of that. If I see your body drop, I don't wanna see bullets coming out of it xD

Top Bottom