• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

So if I'm reading this correctly, and there are 100 members per Spartan Company, then some people just need to step their game up. Divide all the tier 5 requirements by 100 and you have the per member requirement.
  • Spartan kills = 4,860
  • Assassination = 49
  • Spartan Charge = 97
  • Ground Pound = 49
  • Power Weapon = 972

That would be the best case scenario, but in reality 1 person will do those for several people probably.

I switched my play style in Warzone and now I go for silenced weapons and whatever that thing is that makes you invisible on the enemy radar. So many Assassinations only in the last 2 days. Should have done that earlier, but I always used Upgraded Shields and disabled Assassinations. You can also hijack vehicles pretty easily with that.

Does anyone know how to get the cowboy ninja emblem? No sources are really clear on that and I've never seen it in matchmaking. It must be awarded for completing some insane commendation or something I guess.

This is an other thing that 343i should do. Write down the requirements for each REQ item. Simply add "unlocked by completing commendation x" to the Emblems for example. I don't like how you need to figure out that stuff on your own. There's just too many items to do so.

Here you go pretty useful post on Waypoint showing all the emblem requirements.

This is essentially the community doing 343i's job. It's awesome that somebody did this, but not everybody will even look this up on their Forum. Heck, I wouldn't know if it weren't for your post.

God that is the worst when that happens. I stopped playing SWAT as much because of that. If I see your body drop, I don't wanna see bullets coming out of it xD

1 shot kill modes really show how important the ping is. It's crazy to me that 343i thinks 125ms are acceptable.

Karl2177

Spartan Charge commendation requirements, since everyone's numbers appear to be different. We have to get through all 5 tiers, 0-{end_number}. The end numbers for the different tiers are below.
Code:
Tier 1:          1000
Tier 2:          2000
Tier 3:          3000
Tier 4:          4800
Tier 5:          9700
---------------------
Total:          20500

As of right now(Tuesday, February 16,2016 4:30PM CT) we have achieved tiers 1 and 2, plus 863, for a grand total of 3863 Spartan Charges. This is just under 19% of what we need. At a grand total of 20500 Spartan Charges needed for Achilles helmet and 100 members in the Spartan Company, we need 205 Charges per person.

Bread

Banned
I feel like those companies that already completed everything must have gotten in matches against each other and boosted the commendations.

So what day are we feeling for February update. Thought today due to arena bundle...but was very wrong

The live stream isn't until the 26th, so probably the 29th or so when it gets released.

I feel like those companies that already completed everything must have gotten in matches against each other and boosted the commendations.

Nah they just play a lot. There are people in those companies that have +60k kills and almost a month of playtime.

G-DannY

Playing warzone on stormbreak >>> enemy team kill lochagos and cap fortress in first 2 minutes >>> 8 players on my team quit >>> every other joining in progress quit almost after >>> lost 1000-6xx getting some kill and trying to not to die much.

Starting to feel really bored.

BraXzy

So this is apparently a thing I was unaware of...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/14842412

Waaaaaaaaa, is that an intentional mechanic or a dodgy mess up like when stickies sometimes fall off? That is super cool if it's the former. But then again.. it's hard enough to hop on a vehicle in this game.

Arena REQ Bundle is up.

Here is what you can expect to get. You'll get your promised Mark V Alpha if you already haven't and you get boosts for your consumables.

That's kindaaaaaa tempting.

Ramirez

The post says that it's rare and that you can get in a REQ pack but there is no way that is true. I have unlocked all rare reqs already. It has to be a commendation reward or there is no way to get it (yet).

Yea, I unlocked the Cowboy Ninja emblem the other day, trying to remember what commendation it was, but I'm drawing a blank. It's a hard one, all of the ones I have remaining are hard/slow.

Spartan Charge commendation requirements, since everyone's numbers appear to be different. We have to get through all 5 tiers, 0-{end_number}. The end numbers for the different tiers are below.
Code:
Tier 1:          1000
Tier 2:          2000
Tier 3:          3000
Tier 4:          4800
Tier 5:          9700
---------------------
Total:          20500

As of right now(Tuesday, February 16,2016 4:30PM CT) we have achieved tiers 1 and 2, plus 863, for a grand total of 3863 Spartan Charges. This is just under 19% of what we need. At a grand total of 20500 Spartan Charges needed for Achilles helmet and 100 members in the Spartan Company, we need 205 Charges per person.
So we're never getting Achilles

Haruko

So we're never getting Achilles

Well, if they ever bump the member limit up, I'll send the 48 active HaloSLAENT players your way

30PSzpX.jpg

First game since finishing all the REQs (again) went well...

Hopefully more rounds like these will raise me out of Platinum before my placements are done.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
The numbers they chose for the kill commendations is silly. What was their thought process for this? These numbers are far too inflated.

The numbers they chose for the kill commendations is silly. What was their thought process for this? These numbers are far too inflated.

Probably something like,

"How do we keep people playing Halo?"

"Lets add some really grindy cosmetics that really aren't feasible to the average player!"

Madness

Warzone assault first two waves are the best time to do things like assassination, ground pound and spartan charge. Active camo, speed boosts and the high player count mean you can easily get 2-3 of those per match if you were going for it.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I know it doesn't really matter, but I think Achilles should also be legendary.

Honestly it should because that armor is going to be far more rare than anything that's available because of the grind required.

They looked at the Destiny grind lol
and multiplied it by 4

Smh

Probably something like,

"How do we keep people playing Halo?"

"Lets add some really grindy cosmetics that really aren't feasible to the average player!"

They should have gone about this differently. Like set up some vidmaster challenges or something. Something that can be done as a team and isn't a complete and thoughtless grind.

Like win a warzone match within a time limit and killing X amount of bosses. That can literally be an objective out of the x amount that may be required for that set.

Something like that will make a Spartan company together and set out to complete it and it would not feel like some dumb grind.

Madness

Level 5 requires roughly 49000 melees. If this was Halo 3 sure. But halo 5 it's definitely much harder to have any type of cqc action. Oh well. Will probably have Halo Wars 2 and Gears 4 in our hands than Achilles helmet.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Level 5 requires roughly 49000 melees. If this was Halo 3 sure. But halo 5 it's definitely much harder to have any type of cqc action. You'd probably spartan charge and finish with gun more than melee no?

I get my melees pretty often. Just remember three magnum shots followed by a melee is a kill or two dmr/br shots followed by a melee. I have a harder time Spartan charging lol

Madness

I get my melees pretty often. Just remember three magnum shots followed by a melee is a kill or two dmr/br shots followed by a melee. I have a harder time Spartan charging lol

Maybe. I find I'm meleeing far less in this game than ever before. Also tough because Automatics just shred you in this game and radar is very tuned towards cqc range so people aware if you're nearby.

Madness

Hey I got Ad Victoriam! This thing good?

Yeah. Just remember when you ADS don't get descoped or you can't control where the rockets go. They'll follow you're aiming. Very good to take out vehicles or splash damage crowded bases. If you're extremely skilled you can even use it to take out the core but it requires dead on aiming and timing perfectly.

Fuchsdh

Level 5 requires roughly 49000 melees. If this was Halo 3 sure. But halo 5 it's definitely much harder to have any type of cqc action. Oh well. Will probably have Halo Wars 2 and Gears 4 in our hands than Achilles helmet.

In any Halo game the majority of my kills are always melee.

lol, GP is pure fuckery on the Recon control scheme.

Also, Rocket League released early for anyone that cares.
Do you have an elite controller? I'm still using the original xbox one release controller with the annoying clicky bumpers. It took me so long to get used to the bumper jumper control scheme after using boxer for so long that I don't think i could suffer through getting used to another scheme at this point. I'll have to look up how the buttons are configured with Recon. With bumper jumper it's just hold the right bumper to initiate a ground pound.

Ramirez

Do you have an elite controller? I'm still using the original xbox one release controller with the annoying clicky bumpers. It took me so long to get used to the bumper jumper control scheme after using boxer for so long that I don't think i could suffer through getting used to another scheme at this point. I'll have to look up how the buttons are configured with Recon. With bumper jumper it's just hold the right bumper to initiate a ground pound.

Nah, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a controller. On Recon you have to hold in B and aim with the right stick, so you can't have a hand on the left stick, lol.

Nah, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a controller. On Recon you have to hold in B and aim with the right stick, so you can't have a hand on the left stick, lol.
Oh wow yeah that would make ground pounds slightly more complicated. The only important thing I really take my finger off the right analog stick is for using thrusts. Not ideal, but i'm used to it now.

Top Bottom