• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Kibbles

God damn this game always has problems when I try to play. Couldn't select any reqs last game and now I can't start a solo match or join friends, and they can't either.

From Reddit:

cFCI6Wx.jpg

That's insane

This thread kind of went quiet all of a sudden. I have a question though. I've been selling my arena/warzone boost cards and wanted to know what you actually get out of them. Experience doesn't really matter to me because increasing my sr-level and getting a few extra emblems is not that important to me. So how many extra req points can you get out of them, say when compared to simply selling the card immediately for 100 to 150 points?

EDIT:
Also, I equipped the hellcat armor and woof! It should have been called thunder thigh armor instead.

Haruko

This thread kind of went quiet all of a sudden. I have a question though. I've been selling my arena/warzone boost cards and wanted to know what you actually get out of them. Experience doesn't really matter to me because increasing my sr-level and getting a few extra emblems is not that important to me. So how many extra req points can you get out of them, say when compared to simply selling the card immediately for 100 to 150 points?

EDIT:
Also, I equipped the hellcat armor and woof! It should have been called thunder thigh armor instead.

RP boosts and jackpots will always give more RP than selling them.

Selling XP boosts is arguably OK, but you get much better Promotion Packs the higher your SR is, and you can sell what's in those... I've come to believe the XP is worth it

RP boosts and jackpots will always give more RP than selling them.

Selling XP boosts is arguably OK, but you get much better Promotion Packs the higher your SR is, and you can sell what's in those... I've come to believe the XP is worth it
Cool thanks for the info. I'll start using instead of selling them.
The amount of solo vs full team in arena and slayer is disgusting.
Can't disagree with you there. If 343 ever institutes a mercenary playlist I will declare Halo 5 the best halo ever. period. Well that and they need some new maps - homegrown would be nice. I love the fluidity of halo 5's movement. I'm still trying to figure out why sometimes it feels like other players can strafe back and forth way quicker than myself in a gunfight but that's alright.
It happened. First DMR unlocked @ SR82. Thank fuck that's over.
Congrats Ozzy! I'm at 36 - almost there! ;-D

Cool thanks for the info. I'll start using instead of selling them.

Can't disagree with you there. If 343 ever institutes a mercenary playlist I will declare Halo 5 the best halo ever. period. Well that and they need some new maps - homegrown would be nice. I love the fluidity of halo 5's movement. I'm still trying to figure out why sometimes it feels like other players can strafe back and forth way quicker than myself in a gunfight but that's alright.

Congrats Ozzy! I'm at 36 - almost there! ;-D

Netcode and differences in player connections basically. A guy with 10ms latency is going places and getting less network prediction or server side rejects on actions etc than a player with 125ms. I've gotten to the point in Halo 5 now I can basically tell if I'm going to have a good or shit game based on the first few movements of a game starting. You literally move way smoother and more responsive when you have a local dedi-server hosting the game.

When we party a solid team of 4 it's the dedis determining the game outcome most of the time. Players who can go 15-30 kills very consistently go to having 5-10 kills consistently. It's Internet voodoo and it sucks.

Netcode and differences in player connections basically. A guy with 10ms latency is going places and getting less network prediction or server side rejects on actions etc than a player with 125ms. I've gotten to the point in Halo 5 now I can basically tell if I'm going to have a good or shit game based on the first few movements of a game starting. You literally move way smoother and more responsive when you have a local dedi-server hosting the game.

When we party a solid team of 4 it's the dedis determining the game outcome most of the time. Players who can go 15-30 kills very consistently go to having 5-10 kills consistently. It's Internet voodoo and it sucks.
I wondered as much, but wasn't sure. That does suck.
16 game win streak in arena. Feels good brehs
When you're done playing custom 1v1's against a controller sitting on the floor, let us know.
Teehee <3

Partied up with some randoms and donged. Was hawt, would do again.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Convas/video/14854690

Hope y'all are doing your part. Farmed 5 or so SC in Breakout as well
whenever im' playing I feel like i run around a map for 30+ seconds searching for opposing players and literally see nobody, only to be assassinated myself the next second or else completely surrounded by the opposing team. feels bad man.

IHaveIce

Banned
205 spartan charges per person for the total? I think I'm close to the half lmao. Assassinations are more annoying though, to be clear it has to be an animated Assassination right? Beat downs or ninjas don't count

Can confirm, actually I can tell if the game is laggy by looking at the countdowns and loading screens now, I get tons of games where even the deploying countdown and loading lags, the initial intro cutscene lags, and guess what, the game lags! I literally lose every single 1v1 gunfights now just because of the dedis situation, the Asians are getting the even shorter straw compared to aussies.

mo60

Finally managed to get a killing frenzy in arena. It was in the team slayer playlist and I got it on the map riptide. The enemy team I faced was terrible enough to let me get. I just kept on killing them with a fuel rod cannon I grabbed from it's pad on the map.This is my second killing frenzy in halo 5.

Also is anyway noticing anything weird going on with the servers lately. Sometimes reqs don't load for me at all and I'm also starting to get the weird glitch more often were the game tries to load matches that have more players than the playlist can handle. Like while trying to load a warzone or arena match it will try to match me with 79 players,112 players or some other random number of players whenever the glitch appear and 2/3 of the times this glitch appeared the game crashed.

Trup1aya

I'm resisting the urge to buy my way out of silvers... With these monthly updates and my limited playtime, I don't think I'll ever make it.

Darn you 343, darn you straight to heck

Got the pizza skin last night, that thing is so weird, but appetizing.

Don't like how 80% of packs have a loadout weapon I don't need or want. Do people actually like the crazy amount of BRs and ARs you can get for warzone?

im_dany

I still need 11 Common, 44 Uncommon and 183 Rare... I thought I was almost done with silver wtf ;_;

I don't know if you're counting those, but every maxed commendations gives you a rare emblem apart form one (SPNKR gives you an uncommon one for some reason)

Trup1aya

Got the pizza skin last night, that thing is so weird, but appetizing.

Don't like how 80% of packs have a loadout weapon I don't need or want. Do people actually like the crazy amount of BRs and ARs you can get for warzone?

90% of the items in the req system are undesirable to me. I just need my Classic BR, my rail guns, my sniper rifles, my ONI/ultra vehicles, and I'm good to go.

Loomba

I don't know if you're counting those, but every maxed commendations gives you a rare emblem apart form one (SPNKR gives you an uncommon one for some reason)

ah no I didn't count them.

Considering there are 99 rare emblems I needed, I feel a bit better now. Although not by much!

This was a fun game to start the day with. We're up by quite a bit at the beginning, mid game we start to lose control and they take the lead. At the end it was 47-49 and we managed to win, it could have easily went either way. This is why arena is so good at times!

Fuchsdh

Well I just decided to plunk down the coin for the Arena pack since it guaranteed the Mk V armor I was looking at. It's definitely nice, although the death animations in-game show that Halo 5 is not really prepared for the return of the space diaper to models :) Probably will be the last pack I get at this point too, I feel like I've chucked enough money their way and I got all the actual meaningful gameplay items at this point anyhow. Now just back to the normal grind.

Any hint yet when Hammer Storm is supposed to drop this month?

The Hammer Storm is coming, and nobody can stop it. Our aptly named February update includes new weapons, new game modes, a brand new map, tons of new REQs, game updates and other new goodness. Today, we’ll preview just a bit while still saving some for next week as well as this month’s live stream (currently scheduled for 2.26).

So. theres only one more weekday in feb, and thats the following monday.

Seems like they are gonna be up against it

Top Bottom