• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

Orion was terribly broken... And I got booted for missing the damage boost.

Pegasus is terribly unbalanced. That light rifle corner is a campers dream. And it provides easy access to both power weapons.

Overgrowth is just a bunch of camper rewarding corridors...sucks for slayer. I think it plays strongholds ok though, because that mode forces movement.

Riptide is a good map. After initially not liking it, I've learned the jumps and it started to flow. I think it's a good map.

I expect at least something Halo 5 wise at E3. The free DLC ends in June, so it makes sense.

Interesting. Does that mean it you have no Killtacs at all on the website?

I don't think they ever said the free DLC ends in June. They are just guarunteed atleast through June, and that date was picked for the legal jargon because it coincides with the end of the fiscal year.

JackHerer

Riptide is not as bad as I originally thought but it's not great. I think it's about on par with The Rig. It's better than overgrowth for slayer at least.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Favorite req weapon/vehicle? Go!

The Nornfang for me. aaammmmaaazzziiinnnggg

Vehicle for me would be the scouthogs. In warzone assault I will spawn in one if we are defending the initial base still and drive around. I have won a few games doing that cause people spend so much time trying to kill me. lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
orion is the only halo 5 map i'd say is definitely bad, joining a small list of the halo series's "bad maps". in general, i regard halo 5 to be fairly solid as far as maps go. there are few (no?) truly awesome, instant classics, but (now) no turds either. definitely a passing grade, but i havent been blown away yet either. i give it a C+/B-

link1201

Favorite req weapon/vehicle? Go!

The Nornfang for me. aaammmmaaazzziiinnnggg

Vehicle for me would be the scouthogs. In warzone assault I will spawn in one if we are defending the initial base still and drive around. I have won a few games doing that cause people spend so much time trying to kill me. lol

I love The Answer and Ghost Ultra (Oni Warthog close second).

Pretty good streak going on in Arena (seven win streak) and finally got over 1600. However, these last couple of games have been too close.

nuK6TzR.png

lQ5FUgT.gif

I don't think they ever said the free DLC ends in June. They are just guarunteed atleast through June, and that date was picked for the legal jargon because it coincides with the end of the fiscal year.
I think the worst that would happen after June is maybe they stop putting out updates on a monthly basis. But I highly doubt they would start charging for stuff after releasing so much for free. You can't just go back like that. Unless it is single player DLC. I'd pay for Halo 5: ODST. Make it happen!

I think the worst that would happen after June is maybe they stop putting out updates on a monthly basis. But I highly doubt they would start charging for stuff after releasing so much for free. You can't just go back like that. Unless it is single player DLC. I'd pay for Halo 5: ODST. Make it happen!

I think that's what will happen. The monthly updates will stop, but they'll keep adding free content to the game. Just not at the same pace.

JackHerer

Damn solo play at Onyx is still terrible, just lost 4 games in a row, in part because people don't communicate at all or are in party chat. It's just painful to see the other team execute coordinated pushes and setups while your teammates run around without a clue about where the other team is and what weapons they have etc.

Trup1aya

Pretty good streak going on in Arena (seven win streak) and finally got over 1600. However, these last couple of games have been too close.

nuK6TzR.png

lQ5FUgT.gif

How are you still alive? I would have died of a heart attack...

I think they add new free content at as fast a rate, and for as long as the Req revenue dictates...

They've got a halo Pro-League to finance.

Trup1aya

Damn solo play at Onyx is still terrible, just lost 4 games in a row, in part because people don't communicate at all or are in party chat. It's just painful to see the other team execute coordinated pushes and setups while your teammates run around without a clue about where the other team is and what weapons they have etc.

It makes no sense to see that kind of behavior at that level of play... Especially when it's so easy to swap between game and party chat.

Luckily, I can say that I'm running solo queuing and running into people with mic just as often as I am people who don't use them. It's a better situation than when I was in platinum.

Strider

Last time I tried game chat instead of party chat some guy was playing Future songs through his mic all match.

My party chat behavior is perfectly justified I think.

Trup1aya

Last time I tried game chat instead of party chat some guy was playing Future songs through his mic all match.

My party chat behavior is perfectly justified I think.

I start of each game on game chat. If someone is bringing that bullshit, I switch via the scoreboard... It's hassle free...

How are you still alive? I would have died of a heart attack...

Those types of games really do put me on edge and a lot of my matches are like that. I mean I'm not complaining that's what a good matchmaking system should do, nice close competitive matches. However, I think I need a break from Arena for a bit and just play some WZ/WZA/BTB for a while. I've been playing way too much of it.
BMi4Kj8.png

Strider

I start of each game on game chat. If someone is bringing that bullshit, I switch via the scoreboard... It's hassle free...

I'd rather not bother at all tho. It takes effort to actively communicate through matches and I don't wanna do that with a bunch of randoms over the course of an hour or two which is usually how long I play... When I'm playing solo I'd rather just chill in my party chat and listen to some music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm clearly not alone but If that bums people out then just know some of us will be off playing social when solo queueing whenever we get a playlist lol so for now blame that

Trup1aya

I'd rather not bother at all tho. It takes effort to actively communicate through matches and I don't wanna do that with a bunch of randoms over the course of an hour or two which is usually how long I play... When I'm playing solo I'd rather just chill in my party chat and listen to some music ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm clearly not alone but If that bums people out then just know some of us will be off playing social when solo queueing whenever we get a playlist lol so for now blame that

Hey I can't knock a guy for having a different attitude than mine going in.

Everybody wants something different out of the experience I suppose. And 343 hasn't provided anything for people who want that chillaxing experience...

BraXzy

Tonight's goal is to get all playlist ranks to Onyx. I don't know how I'm gonna step it up next month.. Try and hit one Champion? Fat chance.

Ryde3

ya def something up with the servers, can't start a game - just when me and my squad were getting it going tonight! argh

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I finally got my first hate message! :D

M08WId7.png

I started arena without really warming up and had a bad game and some guy was message spamming telling me to step my game up and that I was a bad champion. Like we controlled nest in Plaza and he kept pushing out leaving me to get flanked from loop.

Got matched up against him the following match and since my teammates actually listened we destroyed his team in strongholds. I went 22 and 6 with 4 stronghold captured and 5 defended. I felt the salt radiating from him. It was so evident when we were playing cause he kept trying to challenge. Felt good brehs

The match before him initially though was against Ninja and Spartan and two of their subs I guess. Beat them, but one of there dudes Lagged out which is really lame. In the beginning we had a really good start, but momentum was lost when people weren't helping each other. Towards the middle of the match they lost a guy.

Going into them without warming up was hella tough. Bad way to warm up.

So who do I tweet at to complain about my random disconnects literally within the first 2 minutes of games?

ONLY happens in Halo 5. Not an exaggeration, ONLY in Halo 5 do I get disconnected. There's days where I can play for hours without an issue, and days like today where I just get disconnected. 3 other friends in party stayed on and played fine.

Do I tweet at Bravo? Frankie?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So who do I tweet at to complain about my random disconnects literally within the first 2 minutes of games?

ONLY happens in Halo 5. Not an exaggeration, ONLY in Halo 5 do I get disconnected. There's days where I can play for hours without an issue, and days like today where I just get disconnected. 3 other friends in party stayed on and played fine.

Do I tweet at Bravo? Frankie?

I've heard this a lot, but in my playtime I've only lost connection once or twice mid match. And I have a terrible, rural, ISP. Wonder why the experience is so hit and miss and why it seems more this way than other titles?

Well that was fun got stuck with retrieving data the whole match against a full team. Love going up against Banshees, Scorpions, and other power weapons with just a pistol and AR!

Strider

Tried to power through the server errors but someone got dropped in like 5 matches in a row for us.. So many easy wins became losses
facepalm.gif

Top Bottom