• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

Tried to power through the server errors but someone got dropped in like 5 matches in a row for us.. So many easy wins became losses
facepalm.gif

Today was not a good Halo day :(

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Would have been play of the week material, opportunity missed most definitely.

Imagine if you did manage to kill someone? You would have probably had your clip featured in the HCS interludes if you submitted it. Some of the clips they show are whack.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Mmhmm. Clips like that were in a montage they showed during a HCS tourny. I don't get how you don't get splattered, but it's amazing.

Yea, the clips though are in private matches aren't they? This one would have been in combat. Would have made it way better than the other ones.

BraXzy

Yea, the clips though are in private matches aren't they? This one would have been in combat. Would have made it way better than the other ones.

I can't remember, it was super set up obviously so if it was in a match it was attempted a heck of a lot. So Fata1's being an accident would have made it beyond godlike :O

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember, it was super set up obviously so if it was in a match it was attempted a heck of a lot. So Fata1's being an accident would have made it beyond godlike :O

If fatal only had killed someone in the process. Whyyyyyyyy fatal, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Haha

Halo 6

Didact returns and helps mc revive old forerunner installation to have access to the domain.

Mc and blue team go into domian to release the good side of cortana. Guidance provided by didact

Locke and co do side missions that pander rout the struggle of humanity to survive versus the created.

Warden finally shows off his final form
s

its his regular form but with red stripes determining the power level . yellow stripes are teir 2 tho.

mo60

Halo 6

Didact returns and helps mc revive old forerunner installation to have access to the domain.

Mc and blue team go into domian to release the good side of cortana. Guidance provided by didact

Locke and co do side missions that pander rout the struggle of humanity to survive versus the created.

s

its his regular form but with red stripes determining the power level . yellow stripes are teir 2 tho.

Maybe warden's final form makes him impossible to kill via gun fire and/or using a vehicle and whoever fights him will have to find another way to kill him.I wouldn't be surprised if 343i tried something like this in a future halo game for a boss fight.

clav

Fuck this game.

Can't even get a win on WZA when I don't want to play that long. Stop pairing me with idiots who don't know how to play.

#1 annoyance with these games that have daily win packs.

It's a known glitch that appears at random from time to time in Arena or Warzone. There are other weird glitches in this game like that one that also appear from time to time to.I have yet to experience that glitch.
I see. Thanks.
Lmao, that is one hell of a weird bug. Did it just happen for the one game?

Yes. I quit and restarted the game.

10 straight losses in WZA.

Played over two hours now.

I should have quit an hour ago.

IHaveIce

Banned
So who do I tweet at to complain about my random disconnects literally within the first 2 minutes of games?

ONLY happens in Halo 5. Not an exaggeration, ONLY in Halo 5 do I get disconnected. There's days where I can play for hours without an issue, and days like today where I just get disconnected. 3 other friends in party stayed on and played fine.

Do I tweet at Bravo? Frankie?
I had the same issue for months. But now I finally got a solution, if you really have the same issue you will be surprised how it can be done. Will message you after work

mo60

Barely won this slayer match my team forced into in overtime. Got a lucky grenade throw that killed two of the enemy players near the end of the match which pretty much guaranteed the win for my team. After that grenade throw we stayed in the lead for the rest of the match.
Screenshot-Original.png

I also played this team slayer match on overgrowth were everyone on my team quit at the start besides me and some other person. We were getting absolutely crushed by the enemy team because they had four players the whole match on their team but I still managed to get above 15 kills despite getting killed like 25 times by power weapons and anything else that was at their disposal on the map. I think this match was the most I have ever died in an arena match ever. My teammate also died 25 times in that match.
Screenshot-Original.png

I also played in this one match in warzone were my whole team faced a team that was farming us.

Sordid

I've started my qualifying for Slayer, getting mostly matched with Platinum players so far. I'm still pretty rusty but someone was worse off than me...

I know qualifying is all about finding your level but surely with stats like those he shouldn't still be getting thrown in with Platinums?

Edit: Noticed search times taking slightly longer now but ti's matching me with local players which is well worth it. Good stuff 343

Leyasu

Banned
I've started my qualifying for Slayer, getting mostly matched with Platinum players so far. I'm still pretty rusty but someone was worse off than me...

LHVH25G.png

I know qualifying is all about finding your level but surely with stats like those he shouldn't still be getting thrown in with Platinums?

Edit: Noticed search times taking slightly longer now but ti's matching me with local players which is well worth it. Good stuff 343

You back or what??

The server selection is sorted. No more excuses for rage posting on gaf now lol

Everyone here complains about the matchmaking a lot but according to halotracker my win percentage is 50.2% and my rolling KD over time has been going up.

Honestly, thats damn good matchmaking IMO

Akai__

HCS US regional finals with Chris Puckett will be a blast this weekend. I think I'll have to skip the Warzone Saturday this weekend.

*work week ends, can finally sit down and play Halo*
*gets sick*
RIP me

RIP indeed. You need to stop cutting your fingers and getting sick. :(

G-DannY

Everyone here complains about the matchmaking a lot but according to halotracker my win percentage is 50.2% and my rolling KD over time has been going up.

I have personal skill going slightly up and win %, both for arena (that I play really just a bit cause I'm full of matchmaking solo vs teams) and warzone dropping severely down <50% (50% that was around until January).

For me matchmaking is totally flawed both for arena and warzone.

Trup1aya

I'm sitting at just over 50% in both Warzone and Arena...

I think people draw a lot of attention to outlier game results instead of looking at the big picture. The system only gets more accurate as each game is played.

HCS US regional finals with Chris Puckett will be a blast this weekend. I think I'll have to skip the Warzone Saturday this weekend.

RIP indeed. You need to stop cutting your fingers and getting sick. :(

Too much damn goodness... Group play is gonna be best of 5 instead of best of 3...

Im getting hot just thinking about it

Halo 6

s

After how bitter their conflict was, it'd be hilarious to see Chief and Didact "The enemy of my enemy" it up. But this is an interesting idea for a campaign. I'd be down!

G-DannY

Someone shared a clip of his bronze level play and it's utterly fascinating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46cwjz/typical_day_in_bronze_5/

It makes me long for a truly social playlist, so I can actually see the funny side of halo, instead of being sweaty all the time.
though I DO love sweaty halo

January season I tried with a friend account just for fun:

played 10 qualification games really badly, going around 5/25 k/d
lost 9 out 10 games, the only one won was because other 3 in the team where really really good (got message of GITGUDNOOB from one of them lately)
do not playing objective on CTF and strongholds
trying to betray
suicide multiple times

he landed platinum 3

Trying hard with my account, I landed Gold 3 both preseason and january. Do not want to qualify for february (not played any arena ranked playlist, just BTB).

Loomba

January season I tried with a friend account just for fun:

played 10 qualification games really badly, going around 5/25 k/d
lost 9 out 10 games, the only one won was because other 3 in the team where really really good (got message of GITGUDNOOB from one of them lately)
do not playing objective on CTF and strongholds
trying to betray
suicide multiple times

he landed platinum 3

Trying hard with my account, I landed Gold 3 both preseason and january. Do not want to qualify for february (not played any arena ranked playlist, just BTB).

What was his CSR preseason? It takes stuff like that into account when placing.

Fuchsdh

It's a good start. I hope the File browser whatever it may be is extensive enough to bring back "Bungie Favourites" in some form or another.

Indeed. But definitely a good sign they're putting this stuff front and center now; in the past it was relegated to Weekly Updates and out-of-game content so the exposure was pretty limited. Can't wait for file browser.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Are we still submitting clips to a montage or is that over now? If we are still submitting who needs them?

oh, even better, DIAMOND! he played himself that time...

GOOD RANKING SYSTEM

Okay so, he was ranked diamond in preseason, which i did too because i did it like, launch day. smaller pool of players

and then he qualified again, and he qualified lower than diamond, but it took his diamond ranking from the previous season into account.

kinda makes sense to me idk

Top Bottom