• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Spiker gun will be like the nneedle gun in FEAR!!!!!!!!!

Edit.

Any footage of award show? I wannna see what she said lol.

343 throwin bows asking kojima to lend his single player expertise.

These servers right now...

First game is a JiP and people are lagging all over the place, now I know why people were quitting that game. Next game everything is fine up until the second phase, then everyone starts to run into walks and I get there is a problem with this server blah blah.

Guess I'm done for tonight.

Good games tonight, I was playing pretty well despite losing those last couple. Was pretty happy I was playing well against that party while we got wrecked. :p

Vico

Damn, I'd love to see an update dedicated to brutes. New Warzone map (set on a Covenant world) where they're included, new weapons with the spiker and brute shot, and of course a new vehicle with the Chopper. I'm dreaming...

So I thought I'd be clever and kill the couple folks on the enemy team that went for their elite......

http://i.imgur.com/mr4Z5AX.gifv

JGp6oTo.gif

im_dany

Can you eloborate please? It's not like my opinions are stated as a fact.

I was just kidding.
I love their maps, especially the ones they made for Reach. I think they completely captured the Haloverse essence in a way that probably not even Bungie and 343i did.

They made this
and, at the time, remade Hang'em High for Halo 2. I can't hate them :D

They made Highlands though :(

Glass

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46io31/i_refuse_to_kill_farm/

good guy.

I laughed at SC boss to look at theatre to check who destroyed the core to blacklist him...

Was kill farming a thing before the archilles armour or just after?

I watch Ninja and his team doesn't farm the enemy team, they keep the game going to farm the bosses, which inadvertently sucks for the other team, but it's like, the commendations are crazy, a group of 12 is never going to get warden kill otherwise etc

Trup1aya

As annoying as farm killing is, the onus shouldn't really be on the players to stop exhibiting the behavior. 343 designed the commendation system, and the reward, and really should be surprised to see how people are deciding to work towards that reward. They essentially designed farming into the game.

343, The solution isn't to start banning people finding ways to achieve the goals that YOU set. You need to figure out how to make the game fun, no matter which objective teams choose to pursue.

If they are going to have these insane commendations, then they need to make the game fun for people who are being farmed. I suggest 1) speeding up the Req leveling of the team with a vulnerable core. Making escape more likely. Or 2) make it so that AI characters attempt to regain control of bases, which would make home base farming less lucrative and it would make damaging the core a more immediate necessity.

I think either one, or both of these suggestions would make the game fun regardless of what people's goals are for the match.

Trup1aya

Your assumption is that the majority of problematic quitters actually care about reqs/xp, which may or may not be true. A strict ban definitely addresses the problem of quitting for all though. But hey, just in case, why not both better penalties for leaving games and perks to sticking around?

I don't Presume to know how many quitters actually care about Reqs. But it does seem like Reqs are a driving force behind many people's motivation to play.

I also know (from human behavior classes at work) that 'dangling carrots' often has the effect of making people care about carrots. People like free shit, even if it's useless, for some reason.

I also believe that the system needs to reinforce good behavior as well as punish bad behavior. But it should be generally weighted in favor of positive reinforcement. The most offensive can be banned to oblivion.

Leyasu

Banned
These servers right now...

First game is a JiP and people are lagging all over the place, now I know why people were quitting that game. Next game everything is fine up until the second phase, then everyone starts to run into walks and I get there is a problem with this server blah blah.

Guess I'm done for tonight.

I'm fucking devastated! Since the last update the game has been a dream except for roughly three not so great games. But the rest have been an amazing experience. Then last night I instantly noticed a change... Then my team mates started talking, then I started to get into gunfights..

Fucking hell 343! Like is this some kind of shit joke told in bad taste?? You seriously cannot consider this to be competitive? The 40 to 60 second max wait for a game is nothing compared to 100% quality.

Why have you changed it?

And wtf have you changed/relaxed?

Great fucking job well done.

Trup1aya

Damn. So the NA regionals don't start until prime time EST?

I was hoping to be able to pretend I'm working in the office while catching all the action...

There's no way the wife and kid let me enjoy the show...

Akai__

I was hoping to be able to pretend I'm working in the office while catching all the action...

These schedules are so dumb for European people. But same goes for anything 343i does. It's all about those US people...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

6IQXhfw.png

hype

singhr1

These schedules are so dumb for European people. But same goes for anything 343i does. It's all about those US people...

Not sure if sarcasm...

LOL Its the NA Regional Finals. What do you expect? The EU regional finals were on EU schedule...

Do you want people in the US (the far majority of people watching) to watch at noon? You want the players to wake up early to satisfy WW schedules?

Trup1aya

I just want it to be all about me... Instead of these west coast jerks... They already screw up NFL and NBA schedules for me...

But actually day 2&3 work really well for me...

Glass

As much as it sucks for us EU'ers, the schedule for regionals can't be helped. A 5pm local time start for the stream is pretty much on the sweet spot for people getting home from work etc

Bravo's community updates on the other hand, I wish that would drop earlier in the day.

Akai__

Not sure if sarcasm...

LOL Its the NA Regional Finals. What do you expect? The EU regional finals were on EU schedule...

Do you want people in the US (the far majority of people watching) to watch at noon? You want the players to wake up early to satisfy WW schedules?

I was only half serious, because 343i tends to release stuff like Bulletins or Playlist updates at 4am our time, too. You can't even make a half serious joke without putting /s or jk at the end of your post. lol

The European Qualifiers were also perfect for you guys, unless you all sleep until 2pm. I also wasn't asking for them to start at 8am. Heck, the doors are opening at 12:00pm and then they have a 5 hour down time until the 1st match starts. It really wouldn't kill them to start at 2pm (or even 3pm), just like on the other 2 days.

But actually day 2&3 work really well for me...

3 days of Halo craziness. My boddy is ready.

Europe doesn't exist, just UK for Microsoft Kappa

Nah, according to Aaron Greenberg, Europe is a country for MS. He said that even on NeoGAF.

Fuchsdh

As much as it sucks for us EU'ers, the schedule for regionals can't be helped. A 5pm local time start for the stream is pretty much on the sweet spot for people getting home from work etc

Bravo's community updates on the other hand, I wish that would drop earlier in the day.

Aye. Just them being a bit more regular in timing would be great too.

Trup1aya

I was only half serious, because 343i tends to release stuff like Bulletins or Playlist updates at 4am our time, too. You can't even make a half serious joke without putting /s or jk at the end of your post. lol

The European Qualifiers were also perfect for you guys, unless you all sleep until 2pm. I also wasn't asking for them to start at 8am. Heck, the doors are opening at 12:00pm and then they have a 5 hour down time until the 1st match starts. It really wouldn't kill them to start at 2pm (or even 3pm), just like on the other 2 days.

3 days of Halo craziness. My boddy is ready.

Nah, according to Aaron Greenberg, Europe is a country for MS. He said that even on NeoGAF.

I live in EST and would have prefered they start around 2pm. It would have maximized the number of people world wide who could tune in. And I'd still have an evening left when it's all over. Here in the US the west coast inexplicably dictates the way sporting events are scheduled, when me and my fellow east coasters should be the focal point.

Did they stop doing the community voting thing for weekend playlists? I kind of liked that.

Not sure. I went on Waypoint to try and find out and couldn't find any information. I was hoping for a surprise hammer-whaterver-it's-called update with the new modes and stuff.

Strider

If it is they could'nt have picked a worse time to launch a CTF playlist. NA regionals + division beta = no time to actually play halo

Loomba

The Division retail release will do permanent damage to Halo's numbers I'm sure, so I guess we better all get used to it.

Think we will get Achilles before Division release? I'm not getting it personally but I think we might need a few pushes before everyone stops playing Halo...

BraXzy

If it is they could'nt have picked a worse time to launch a CTF playlist. NA regionals + division beta = no time to actually play halo

Yup yup. Plus actually watching Halo.

How many hours till the NA finals start today? For babby EU folk like me?

Strider

I'm not gonna get Division unless the beta absolutely blows me away which is really unlikely.

Even if I did I'd still play Halo pretty regularly. Halo 5 is one of my favorite mp titles ever... Definitely won't stop playing it anytime soon

Top Bottom