• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Caja 117

Watching pro players on Twitch is certainly what got me more interested in the pro scene and now I'm reading up on all the roster changes and drama like my life depends on it lmao.

I'd also suggest http://www.twitch.tv/lxthul , and Chig is good for a more chilled stream http://www.twitch.tv/chig

Don't forget my sweetheart and super nice dude Snip3down: http://www.twitch.tv/snip3down/profile

Wait, you have to pay to watch their stream now? Things have changed since I watched streams.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So right, first turn auto sprint off. That's when you slide or boost, it doesn't carrying you on sprinting. To perform it, just as your reaching the cusp of a ramp, use your boost then immediately press your slide button, and it should give you this huge momentum going down.

Hey I only ever saw pro's using it, I thought that meant it was too advanced for the likes of me

Simms.png

bro watch my clips bro, bro

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Frankie/video/14208366

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Caja 117

:(

I was just starting to get the hang of the slide boost. They're not like the button combos from Halo 2, where folks from certain regions couldn't even take advantage of them, right? I don't see the harm.

I was going to learn how to do it tonight...:-(

belushy

Banned
Super slide wasn't even that bad, not like BXR or double shot that affected a kill time directly. Super slide just help get around the map fast, and only work in certain areas of the map(you could do it off some small inclines but most of the time you needed a big ramp to do it)

blamite

Patch sounds good all around. Nice to see new Forgs objects getting added on the regular. Good UI stuff too. Now we just need a way to inspect what other players have equipped.
That's a bad thing.

Like, it's almost universally agreed that slide boosting was good.
Yeah it's kind of a bummer to see that "fixed". Although I'd be more bothered if it didn't require maintain sprint be off, which just meant I'd never actually use it.

Turn off maintain sprint and toggle crouch if you haven't already.

Start sprinting, thrust when at max speed and hold crouch mid thrust. There you go, you can now super slide.

Combine with a jump at the end to carry your momentum or thrust off of the edge of a lip of a ramp to ramp boost which is fucking awesome.

So right, first turn auto sprint off. That's when you slide or boost, it doesn't carrying you on sprinting. To perform it, just as your reaching the cusp of a ramp, use your boost then immediately press your slide button, and it should give you this huge momentum going down.

Hey I only ever saw pro's using it, I thought that meant it was too advanced for the likes of me

Simms.png

Thanks guys! now i can turn off my maintain spr.......

update is out

RIP

Patch notes coming in just a few minutes. Stay locked to @Halo on twitter.

... int.. NVM

I knew something was up. This lag was crazier than ever. lol

Patch notes: https://www.halowaypoint.com/de-de/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/infinitys-armory

thnx for posting!

IHaveIce

Banned
Fast fall and Slide Jump were both some moves that everyone could use if they are good.
Sorry but this is a bullshit fix.

You have serious other network bugs and stuff that you can't seem to fix but this is gonna taken out.

Glass

Why take out the super slide boost, such a fun mechanic to master. People love stuff that takes a bit of skill to pull off. It was fun doing it and even just watching pro's do it. Big mistake.

AWESOME:

■Modified color of Blue Team in multiplayer to improve Red vs Blue
■Increased Warzone REQ Leveling speed
■Increased Warzone weapon despawn time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
■Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate
■Rarity is displayed for REQs in Spartan HUB Customization
■Players can now see equipped customization items from Spartan Appearance, Spartan ID, and Weapon Skins rather than going to each individual menu screen

WUT:

■Added Line of Sight toggle option for use in custom games, such as Octagon
■Fixed “fast fall” and “slide boost” exploits
■Fixed issue where Maintain Sprint being toggled off didn’t allow players to slide when sprinting

Sai

So, this should hit tomorrow, right? I've got about 120k RP saved up. Wanted to get closer to 200k, but I just couldn't make enough time to play.

...Why would they not allow it so you spawn with the Halo 2 BR in custom game settings?
... Um, don't they? Thought that's what I heard last week, that it was being made available in Forge and Custom gametypes like the SPNKr.

Fuchsdh

Oh, okay for all the doom and gloom about the slide I thought they were just talking about chaining a slide and then a boost, but this is something else. Dunno then, never used it.

Strider

I'm indifferent to the exploit fix. It was cool going really fast down ramps and stuff but it's not like they completely took away the ability. Plays like the one Ninja pulled off on Plaza to grab the OS are still possible if I'm reading that right.

So, this should hit tomorrow, right?

It's out now

RIP

Patch notes coming in just a few minutes. Stay locked to @Halo on twitter.

Ah, man.

Y'all should add it back in. Wasn't breaking any maps (that I've seen), and added a nifty layer of skill to traversal.

Not that I could do it, but it was nice to know it existed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You have serious other network bugs and stuff that you can't seem to fix but this is gonna taken out.

That's not how fix production schedules are "balanced" - it's not either/or. Separate workstreams continue on all major issues. Some are easier to address than others.

Slide thing, from what I understand, had some game-breaking properties that are not related to it simply being an "advanced technique."

cuz 343 wants everyone to be invested in WarZone. WarZone makes them a lot of money apparently.

And now conspiracies. But for M. Bison, it was Tuesday.

Caja 117

cuz 343 wants everyone to be invested in WarZone. WarZone makes them a lot of money apparently.

My fingers have been close to pressing accept a couple of time to get the 100 Dollars gold packs, I have been strong, I doubt that could be said for a lot of players in Halo 5.

E92 M3

Why in the world would they fix an advance technique that added another layer to the game?

C'mon 343, get your priorities straight. I knew an overzealous designer didn't want his work "tarnished."

Wave dashing made Smash Bros melee so much more competitive and slide boost gave another tool for players to master.

That's not how fix production schedules are "balanced" - it's not either/or. Separate workstreams continue on all major issues. Some are easier to address than others.

dis is good info bruh

well, so called "conspiracies" are formed because of decisions that don't make sense otherwise. But in reality, you are correct. It's just speculation, but it's all we can do honestly.

Slide thing, from what I understand, had some game-breaking properties that are not related to it simply being an "advanced technique."

Way to go Sakurai.. You're just killing the competitive viability of Smash by removing landing lag cancels and "balancing" everything that made Smash fun!

belushy

Banned

What was the gamebreaking stuff?

--------------------

edit: Beyond the whole slide boosting thing...

Running around on Riptide in a solo custom game (my controller is broken currently so not gonna try playing online sadly) and I love the layout. Strongholds positions on the map are great, too.

jem0208

im fine with this. it was a goofy exploit. glad its removed. glitches that "add to the skill gap" should get fixed like any other glitch. deal.
That's just bullshit logic.

H2's button combos massively added to the game and they were glitches.

It was no more game breaking than something like sprint.

Caja 117

Slide thing, from what I understand, had some game-breaking properties that are not related to it simply being an "advanced technique.".

You should had kept it for just for one more week so I could have learn and try it out.

maximrace

Any update on being able to see your medals after match? This is asked for regulary and has been a main feature of all previous games. Why include the epic announcer with medals if you can't even watch them after a game?

Wait, you have to pay to watch their stream now? Things have changed since I watched streams.

No. You only have to pay to watch their archived videos. Depends on the streamer though. Some open it up to non-subscribers.

When they're live though, anyone can watch

E92 M3

I just don't get the logic behind fixing something no one wanted fixed. It had zero negative impact on the game, in all honesty.

Top Bottom