• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Caja 117

Yes, it's on PC.

So the way it goes, is your first quitting/griefing offense you are excused. Do it again within a week and you get a 30 minute cool down. Do it again within another 7 days, you get a 2 hour cool down. Do it again in another 7 days, you get a 48 hour cool down. Do it again in another 7 days, you get a 7 day ban.

You must wait a full 7 days without infractions to be lowered in the "punishment tier."

I rarely see people quit during CSGO matches. It also helps that when you disconnect, the main menu prompts you to reconnect or abandon the match.

That sounds great, but how does the quitting system tell if I Got disconnected or I really did quit? and something more than 24 hours hour ban I don't see that happening on any console MP, the more time out you give to someone, the more chances you are giving them to move to a different game.

how is that possibly ruining a competitive game? Even if Halo 5 isn't what I want it to be, it's still a highly competitive experience in Arena/Slayer/Breakout. A lot of the fun is in trying to win. Quitters ruin the game in an instant.

He was making a joke, P.C. culture as in Political Correctness

Akai__

n7vLBXr.png

Leyasu

Banned
Shotgun was replaced by Carbine on Overgrown. Don't agree with this decision because Sword will now go unchallenged. The sword was the main issue on the map.

Lol coco the clown making the decisions confirmed. The sword should have gone.

Glass

They should add the cooler new forge pieces like the diving suit on the update graphics sheet they make for the updates, thats going to be the most exciting part of the patch for a lot of people. And it looks like even more stuff gets added each time.

Anyone tried buying REQs yet?

That sounds great, but how does the quitting system tell if I Got disconnected or I really did quit? and something more than 24 hours hour ban I don't see that happening on any console MP, the more time out you give to someone, the more chances you are giving them to move to a different game.

It does not distinguish whether it was a disconnect or intentional disconnect and that is a good thing. It allows you 3 minutes to reconnect immediately after disconnecting.

So in most cases if someone disconnects, you have ample time to reconnect.

The classic scope of the Halo 2 BR looks amazing. I'll probably use this all the time in Warzone now. Shoots and feels just as good as ever.

Riptide also is very well done. Can't wait to see how it will play, but so far so good. Definitely doesn't feel/look like a Fathom remix.

It's a Legendary REQ, though. Is it one-time use or a permanent unlock?

Homeboyd

They should add the cooler new forge pieces like the diving suit on the update graphics sheet they make for the updates, thats going to be the most exciting part of the patch for a lot of people. And it looks like even more stuff gets added each time.

Anyone tried buying REQs yet?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193356516&postcount=1000

Also, re: slide boost etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...ians_infinitys_armory_is_out_now_33gb/czcrrxh

"Will there be an option to turn slide boost back on for customs? Really hate to see it go."
bravo343 said:
This is something I can certainly inquire about if there's demand, which based on an early scan of this here thread seems there may just be. Lemme know :)

The classic scope of the Halo 2 BR looks amazing. I'll probably use this all the time in Warzone now. Shoots and feels just as good as ever.

Riptide also is very well done. Can't wait to see how it will play, but so far so good. Definitely doesn't feel/look like a Fathom remix.

Did you already collect it?

Madness

Did you already collect it?

Haha, no, I went into Riptide just to screw around, get a feel for the map, picked it up. I don't think the REQ's are live yet. So you should hold off on buying packs.

I still haven't gotten a single DMR. I doubt I'll get the mythic Halo 2 BR anytime soon.

That sounds great, but how does the quitting system tell if I Got disconnected or I really did quit?

It doesn't; that's why it offers a chance to reconnect or abandon the match. I feel that system should've been in Halo 5 from day one if 343i was going with the "punish the quitters" option.

That, or social playlists with JIP. C'mon, guys, all I want is some social slayer and CTF, and I'll be happy! Unranked, so I can play with my friends without worrying about them getting stomped 100% of the time (they're awful at this game).

and something more than 24 hours hour ban I don't see that happening on any console MP, the more time out you give to someone, the more chances you are giving them to move to a different game.

This is par for the course for MOBAs and competitive shooters, actually. If a person is a rampant quitter, they've probably moved onto other games, anyway. But really, League of Legends and Dota 2 on PC, plus Smite and Rainbow Six: Siege on console all do this.

Riptide looks great visually.

I don't like that it's asymmetric, only because that has been a weak point in Halo 5 in terms of design. Plaza, The Rig and Overgrowth are my least favorite maps. Hopefully it ends up playing well, hard to say as I just went around in a custom game.

Woke up at 4am today and couldn't sleep, so naturally I played some Halo. I'm going to have a horrible K/D ratio forever. For every good game I have 5 bad games it seems. I tried free for all and was getting brutalized. But I did get my very first assassination. And of course it was an accident... Very glad to hear about the color change for blue team. Several games this morning I was noting how much more difficult it was to see the blue team.

Sacellum

Its a Shrine (sanctuary) Remake.
Whoa bro your remake is light years better than the others I've played without a doubt. Very impressed with the Breakout pieces you've used to really get a futuristic theme to Sanc and even added a brick to clamber up to ring 3.

BraXzy

Interesting that the updates are never dated and hyped for a specific time. Are we getting them the second they're ready to ship?

They drop outta nowhere.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That's just bullshit logic.

H2's button combos massively added to the game and they were glitches.

It was no more game breaking than something like sprint.

Not talking about skill, flow, fairness etc. Talking about connected bugs, geometry, etc.

I actually suggested they replace Sword and Camo with Plasmacaster and Damage Boost not too long after Overgrowth came out.

Well well well. Look what we have here. A suggestion that is superb. Damage boost with plasma caster = fun. so much fun.

Not talking about skill, flow, fairness etc. Talking about connected bugs, geometry, etc.

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE!

The leader who abandoned us

jfoul

Just got done with my workout and I'm rewarded with the monthly update.

YES!

EDIT: I was at 80% collection completion for helmet & armor. Now I need to farm more REQ points. Need everything!

Top Bottom