• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

Eh, remember in Gears when they fixed things like long jump and whatnot.

But I'm curious, I don't see the Antifreeze map glitch being fixed? Surely you can see every single time that map is played, that people are breaking out of it and griefing.

Caja 117

That's just bullshit logic.

H2's button combos massively added to the game and they were glitches.

It was no more game breaking than something like sprint.
I think those H2 glitches couldn't be worked and patched.

Regarding sprint, you might considered it a gamebreaking mechanic, but from the developing stand point it is put there to work as intended, the button combo for the slide was not something 343 programed in the system, and hence it is a game breaking glitch.

from what I saw in the video, that super slide gave the player a way to go across a map too fast, and it definitely feel like something problematic if you are playing in a objective gametype game, imagine this slide on a CTF game.

Haruko

Eh, remember in Gears when they fixed things like long jump and whatnot.

But I'm curious, I don't see the Antifreeze map glitch being fixed? Surely you can see every single time that map is played, that people are breaking out of it and griefing.

This; it's the worst offender of the BTB bunch for people climbing on top of the map and raining down Light/Binary rifle shots

Uhh, the Requisitions page on halowaypoint is listing the different categories in Spanish...

Happens when they are working on the site. The other day they were in Asian characters

My fingers have been close to pressing accept a couple of time to get the 100 Dollars gold packs, I have been strong, I doubt that could be said for a lot of players in Halo 5.

I doubt many other players have been trying to justify spending $100 on gold packs, either.

EDIT: guys, when he says "game-breaking" i'm pretty sure he's referring to the actual game engine, not competitive metagame.

Slide boost breaks map flow and intended design as far as spawning and things like that are concerned. I'm fine with it being removed. The game plays better than any other Halo game without slide boost.

Nowise10

Posted it on Twitter, but I am pretty sure this is an Assault Plate that is beneath the level on Riptide

cB4AjJq.png

E92 M3

Slide boost breaks map flow and intended design as far as spawning and things like that are concerned. I'm fine with it being removed. The game plays better than any other Halo game without slide boost.

Slide boost made map movement more interesting and added another layer of depth.

"bububu it played even better than even it own game with slide boost, are you saying slide boost is a bad???"

Posted it on Twitter, but I am pretty sure this is an Assault Plate that is beneath the level on Riptide
BUT WILL WE EVER HAVE ONE-SIDED ASSAULT BACK?? There's an Ozzy out there waiting to know....... an Ozzy in all of us, foaming at the mouth, waiting for one-sided objectives to return!

Madness

This; it's the worst offender of the BTB bunch for people climbing on top of the map and raining down Light/Binary rifle shots.

Yeah I mean, it's the one glitch I've seen happen every time I play the map now. When the Complex Halo 4 window glitch came, it was patched within days because of how widespread it became and how people would hide with oddball in there etc.

Again, Frank/Tashi, please get the team to fix Antifreeze.

BUT WILL WE EVER HAVE ONE-SIDED ASSAULT BACK?? There's an Ozzy out there waiting to know....... an Ozzy in all of us, foaming at the mouth, waiting for one-sided objectives to return!

One sided objectives were some of the most fun and iconic ways to play Halo. However, with Halo 5's quitting epidemic, I'm sure those gametypes would not end well unless otherwise addressed...

belushy

Banned

They knew people were gonna break out of the map at some point so not surprised they stuck an easter egg in there. Can't wait for Assault ;)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why anyone would want to quit. When my internet connection takes a shit and I have DNF with big points loss to my rank that sucks.

As if quitting is a new thing in H5, lol.

As if I didn't know that already.

It's something that's brought up constantly and it's a valid concern. In my experience, it happens a lot. Put in a one sided objective that demands patience and perseverance...I don't have faith in the current online community to stick it out.

EDIT:
Does anyone think that accumulating negative REQ points would help quitting? Quit, you get punished, temp banned, and -2500 REQ points or something like that.

Leyasu

Banned
Not bad. Yet no mention of the server selection fix that they promised on waypoint last week. Gotta keep that matchmaking speed up.

Anyway, can't wait to get on tonight now.

It's something that's brought up constantly and it's a valid concern. In my experience, it happens a lot. Put in a one sided objective that demands patience and perseverance...I don't have faith in the current online community to stick it out.

EDIT:
Does anyone think that accumulating negative REQ points would help quitting? Quit, you get punished, temp banned, and -2500 REQ points or something like that.

Literally every other Halo has been fine. Halo 5 will be fine.

Ramirez

EDIT:

The community has never stuck out 1 sided objectives and that's probably why 343 didn't bother.

1 Flag is my favorite game mode, but I've probably had less than 100 legitimate matches of it since its inception, lol.

"bububu it played even better than even it own game with slide boost, are you saying slide boost is a bad???"

It's not great. It's cool in theory and yes it's sort of like old Halo glitches that somewhat worked within the meta game. All the maps would have to be redesigned to leave it in though. Even in slayer, if one team can immediately slide boost to a power weapon that's breaking the way halo is supposed to play at its core. Not to mention how much it strains the spawning system, and how it effects objective games like CTF and Strongholds.

I don't think anybody would be advocating for the jetpack to remain in competitive Halo Reach or Halo 4 if it was just a little tricky to use. It just breaks down map design.

belushy

Banned
So Frank why did you guys show the needle rifle Carbine on Truth last month in the teaser, and now we can't spawn it in forge or anything?

Literally every other Halo has been fine. Halo 5 will be fine.

I'm sure you are right. I'm not advocating for not releasing 1 sided objectives because of it.

I'm just tired of players ruining my experience with the game. After playing CSGO and loving it's strict enforcement policies on quitting/griefing, I have a much lower tolerance for it. Also, being one man down feels somehow worse than Halo 1 or Halo 2, but maybe that's just me.

The community has never stuck out 1 sided objectives and that's probably why 343 didn't bother.

1 Flag is my favorite game mode, but I've probably had less than 100 legitimate matches of it since its inception, lol.

Yikes...Now that I think of it, your guess is pretty close to mine. I loved 1 flag on Zanzibar, but people did flake out consistently.

Caja 117

I'm sure you are right. I'm not advocating for not releasing 1 sided objectives because of it.

I'm just tired of players ruining my experience with the game. After playing CSGO and loving it's strict enforcement policies on quitting/griefing, I have a much lower tolerance for it. Also, being one man down feels somehow worse than Halo 1 or Halo 2, but maybe that's just me.

What are those? and that's is PC right?

E92 M3

I'm still curious as to why 343 can't take elements from some Warzone maps and stick them in BTB? :'(

Warzone is their money maker and that's their main concern. No matter how subtle, all decisions are made with profits in mind. Very nature of everything being RNG. Personally, I don't like playing warzone and gaining req points is pretty slow.

maximrace

I'll say it again. I just don't get why we can't view medals after three months. Who is making these decisions? It's like half 343 haven't played a Halo game before forgetting something like that

Excited to play riptide and urban. Still have a ton of silver packs to go so probably won't get to try the new REQs for awhile. UI updates are fine but still need better organization for armor and post-game medals. I'd also like to see the score of my friends game w/o having to spectate (wasn't this a feature in H3)?

What are those? and that's is PC right?

Yes, it's on PC.

So the way it goes, is your first quitting/griefing offense you are excused. Do it again within a week and you get a 30 minute cool down. Do it again within another 7 days, you get a 2 hour cool down. Do it again in another 7 days, you get a 48 hour cool down. Do it again in another 7 days, you get a 7 day ban.

You must wait a full 7 days without infractions to be lowered in the "punishment tier."

I rarely see people quit during CSGO matches. It also helps that when you disconnect, the main menu prompts you to reconnect or abandon the match.

PC culture ruining gaming imo

how is that possibly ruining a competitive game? Even if Halo 5 isn't what I want it to be, it's still a highly competitive experience in Arena/Slayer/Breakout. A lot of the fun is in trying to win. Quitters ruin the game in an instant.

E92 M3

Shotgun was replaced by Carbine on Overgrown. Don't agree with this decision because Sword will now go unchallenged. The sword was the main issue on the map.

im_dany

When did it release? I just tried to launch the game thinking it was already patched but instead it started the update :(

Madness

The classic scope of the Halo 2 BR looks amazing. I'll probably use this all the time in Warzone now. Shoots and feels just as good as ever.

Riptide also is very well done. Can't wait to see how it will play, but so far so good. Definitely doesn't feel/look like a Fathom remix.

Top Bottom