• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Guess it's just one of those days. Lost five in a row, this was the final straw and I quit after this game. Live is down anyways, maybe that's a good thing!

RClzVhh.gif

mo60

New armory glitch in assault is everywhere now, sigh.

Which is a good thing in a way because it will force 343i to fix it faster. I have yet to experience that glitch in action in warzone. It's most useful to use in warzone assault even though it works pretty well in warzone from what I heard as long as the team that uses that glitch blocks the enemy team from capping an armory.It may be possible to prevent all three armories from being capped in warzone even though you would lose three teammates at most if you did this.

@Claviertekky

The glitch can be done on all warzone and warzone assault maps and not just the urban map in warzone assault. We already know about the glitch.I'm hoping 343i fixes it soon.

Best glitch out right now is the overshield/camo instant pickup.

My Halo times:
Halo 3 - 10 days 17:53
Halo Reach - 2 days 5:56
Halo 4 - 22:56

I think I played H3 during most of Reach's lifespan. Can't believe I didn't even hit a day in Halo 4.

Nm88fMg.png

I'm so fucking done with this game. Why in the fucking hell am I being put into games against a full team of Onyxes at PLAT? It isn't even a widened search game since the wait time is low, like in seconds.

Trup1aya

I finally got a DMR!!! It's the standard variant...

I figured with my luck I'd get all my DMRs in my last few silvers...

I've still got about 15 armors, 15 helmets,some stances and some stupid emblems before I graduate to golds...

I may end up buying my way out depending on what's in the impending update..

Edit: on second thought. How many rare emblems are tied to commendations? I've only got 25/126. There's no way I'm spending money on a bunch of emblems...

clav

clav

Same here, I don't even own the MCC right now but its definitely my favorite to go back and play.

I like it for reasons when Xbox Live used to have teammates with mics could talk to other like friends and banter would be against teams, not screaming kids or mics blaring shitty unintelligible music.

All those bomb assault /CTF glitches with hours standoff on who would stop overtime through compromise or deceit.

Maybe nostalgia is rose tinting my memories.

Man that experience of 4 players on one Xbox vs. the world on social slayer was something.

BradC00

Maybe nostalgia is rose tinting my memories.

maybe. i think the halo community is pretty good compared to other games IMO...I've only been called a loser once when some dude couldn't handle losing (freaked out) and I told him to calm down. We ended up winning but he just kept telling me to go back to CoD and I was a loser. Mmmk. Dude was grown too.

Here are my Halo time stats enjoy!:

Halo 5: 4.16:44:24 Multiplayer Playtime - 668 Multiplayer Games Completed

Halo 4: 2.15 Multiplayer Playtime - 533 Multiplayer Games Completed

Halo 3: 15.05:46:05 Total Multiplayer Playtime - 5087 Total Multiplayer Games Played

Halo 2: 20 Total Games Played
I didn't had Xbox Live until 2007, but I played many online games in the houses of friends

Halo CE: I don't know but I played a LOT of campaign and multiplayer with my friends

Halo Wars: I can't find the numbers but Halo Wars is one of my favorite games of all time

Halo REACH: Playtime 14D 15H 45M - Total Games 2,136

Halo 3 - 15 days in multiplayer
Halo Reach - 7 days in arena, competitive and invasion
Halo 4 - 4 days spent in multiplayer
Master Chief Collection - 19 days, I think that counts campaign though
Halo 5 - 7.5 days so far, more than Reach and 4 already

Nutter is about to get humbled.

mo60

It's such bullshit. Are bans going to be instituted?

No Halo 2?

No one knows yet if anyone will be banned for doing the glitch. 343i probably knows about the glitch by now. I'm hoping the minor changes to vehicle physics bravo hinted at on reddit will get rid of this glitch.

Welfare

Halo 2: Was on a different account, so data is horribly incomplete.
Halo 3: 21 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes
Halo Reach: 38 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes
Halo 4: ~18 days
Halo MCC: 23 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes
Halo 5: Almost 8 days.

SP only in CE to 3.
less than 20 hours in Reach
less than 20 games in 4.
100+ hours in MCC, something like 30-40 is spent in MP.
100 hours in H5 MP so far.

Which is a good thing in a way because it will force 343i to fix it faster. I have yet to experience that glitch in action in warzone. It's most useful to use in warzone assault even though it works pretty well in warzone from what I heard as long as the team that uses that glitch blocks the enemy team from capping an armory.It may be possible to prevent all three armories from being capped in warzone even though you would lose three teammates at most if you did this.

@Claviertekky

The glitch can be done on all warzone and warzone assault maps and not just the urban map in warzone assault. We already know about the glitch.I'm hoping 343i fixes it soon.

Lmao 343i is slow as fuck fixing shit. Maybe by April they will have it sorted.

While my times from games before 4 is a little messed up because the account I played so much on 3 and reach is gone.But here's my time for all the games on the account I use now.
Halo: 3 16 hours but it's so much more than that
Halo reach: 4 days give or take but add that because my old account was the same lvl as the account I have now
Halo 4: 6 days and 15 hours but felt like it used to be a lot more. Enjoyed 4 more so than reach but mostly played by myself because all my friends moved on
Halo mcc: 5 days but that might be because of campaign
Halo 5: 3 days so far
The rest I can't recall and before 2 I was way to young to remember 1 and played 2 when I could.

Honestly never understood all the hate for 4 it was a nice game to relaxingly play, it had its problems but by far stuff like oddball, regicide and ricochet are some of the most fun I've had in halo excluding custom games on all the other halos. Maybe not the best halo but I also thought most people hated reach because God did that game have problems.

jfoul

• Halo: Played the campaign. I was more into PC games like Tribes 2, UT, Q3A.
  • Halo 2: 1424 Games Played (Only thing I could find based on my old GT)
  • Halo 3: 4 Day 20 Hours
  • Halo Reach: 7 Days 15 Hours
  • Halo 4: 1 Days 1 Hours
  • Halo MCC: 1 Days 9 Hours
  • Halo 5: 16 Days 18 Hours

Looked at the commendations. People really stepped up when it comes to shoulder charge and assassination, it's going pretty fast now. Killing Promethean enemies will probably be the last one. I wish the campaign would count for this!

jfoul

Looked at the commendations. People really stepped up when it comes to shoulder charge and assassination, it's going pretty fast now. Killing Promethean enemies will probably be the last one. I wish the campaign would count for this!

Bring on co-op matchmaking and scoring! 343 pls

Sordid

Halo 2 - 483 games
Halo 3 - 4675 games
Reach - 2,324 games
Halo 4 - 218 games
MCC - 233 games
Halo 5 - 217 games

Can't believe that, even with 2 kids now, I've almost played more H5 in a few months than H4 in 3+ years. Game was such a disappointment :(

Edit: Played loads of CE and Halo 2 on LAN even though I rubbish, was always lugging the OG Xbox around to friends places.

SRTtoZ

How enraging is it when you lose a Slayer match by 1 or 2 kills and then you see that 1 team member who only has 1 kill...

lol

mo60

I'm probably no help with ground pounds and assassinations.I'm probably never going to complete my personal commendations for both assassinations and ground pounds.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah looking at the AI kill numbers males me realize way too few AI is on the Warzone maps

jfoul

I'm probably no help with ground pounds and assassinations.I'm probably never going to complete my personal commendations for both assassinations and ground pounds.

I finished my ground pound commendation by running Warzone Assault. It's really easy to get ground pound kills on Array Defense (Spire). Defend back/top and wait for players to come up the ramp walkway. Jump up and ground pound them by the req station.

IHaveIce

Banned
oh SNAP we got the stream tonight boys!

on a work night in the EU fuuuuuu
Yeah thinking if I'll watch it or not. How long are thse streams usually?

Also if you guys don't follow Heytred on twitch you should, he is a warzone grinder and worked for 343, he teased some stuff what is to come; though never revealed it fully through NDA and he said one Warzone map that is to come is absolutely the best and his favorite of the bunch.

Trup1aya

I got the elusive Spartan charge kill last night, and they started rolling in after that. I really had to fight against my instincts to pull it off, because 99 times out of 100 SCing a weak enemy isn't as sound a tactic as shooting him.

I found myself looking for enemies already engaged in a fight, and sprinting in for the kill...

When it comes to assassinations I'm no help. I usually choke and do a normal back smack. If not that a teammate steals the kill, or an enemy saves his buddy..

Yeah thinking if I'll watch it or not. How long are thse streams usually?

Also if you guys don't follow Heytred on twitch you should, he is a warzone grinder and worked for 343, he teased some stuff what is to come; though never revealed it fully through NDA and he said one Warzone map that is to come is absolutely the best and his favorite of the bunch.

If it's got the same prefab buildings that we've all grown to love, I'll be overflowing with joy.

singhr1

I guess I'll jump in with my shitty stats

Halo 2: None online, just local (No Xbox Live till Halo 3)
Halo 3: 2 days 08:19:00, 386 multiplayer games
Halo: Reach: 2 days 6 hours (not including campaign, including firefight) 391 multiplayer games
Halo 4: 2 days 10 hours, 445 multiplayer games
Halo MCC: 11 days 03:46:28, 842 multiplayer games
Halo 5: 3 days 7.5 hours, 320 arena games 125 warzone games

MCC was my highest unsurprisingly. When you get an injury for 2-3 months over summer break, you get a lot of time to just sit at home and play Halo :), Easily my most played non-MMO game. I'm almost saddened by this fact.

I'll dump my stats in here too :D

Halo 2: I didn't own an original Xbox, so I only managed 125 games on my gamertag. Several hundred more games at friends' houses.
Halo 3: 13 days, 2 hours of multiplayer, 2,688 games played
Halo Reach: About 6 days, 6 hours total between Arena, Competitive, and Invasion. Approx 1,080 total matches across those gametypes as well.
Halo 4: 1 day, 7 hours of matchmaking, 220 games played (with an exact 110 win, 110 loss split, oddly enough)
Halo MCC: I think my time played is messed up, unless it really only is 21 hours with 164 multiplayer games played?
Halo 5: 1 day, 9 hours and 45 minutes of arena, 267 games played.

So Halo 3 takes the cake by a long shot. Halo 4 and MCC killed my momentum, but Halo 5 is bringing it right back, especially considering I hardly played during December due to travel!

Never played Halo 2 on my own account, and never played it much.

Halo 3:

Total Multiplayer Games Played

18 Days 20:Hours and 22 minutes
Total Multiplayer Playtime

Halo:Reach:

Total Games

42D 10H 00M
Playtime

Halo 4:

Multiplayer Games

5 Days and 15 Hours
Playtime