• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

10 days of halo 4.

Jesus.

Shaq_3303787a.gif

BraXzy

So just checked my time played in Halo 4 multiplayer and I already have more time in Halo 5.

I knew I'd dropped H4 pretty quick but.. I didn't realise how bad it was. I played 14 Hours total. I almost want to say that's low and inaccurate but it could well be right, I honestly don't know.

With Reach I spent a bit of time with that game, with all modes combined I had 5 days played total.

I can't find my Halo 3 playtime, can't see it listed on Bungie.net and Waypoint isn't recognising my tag since it has changed numerous times since those days. But it was by far my most played game.. Currently running a dodgy Java file to try and parse the data from the 93 pages on Bungie.net lmao. I'm curious.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Halo 3 - 1048 games
Halo Reach - 819 games
Halo 4 - 338 games
Halo 5 - 134 games

Stat trend going down town. Could easily be a trend of my gaming habits as I got older as well.

Fffff this game. I can't get on a decent and or balanced team to save my life. And seeing how 343 is never going to make a mercenary playlist I'm done. You can remove me from the halogaf spartan company as well. Best of luck all.
Go play some rocket league. 1) it will bring joy and happiness into your life and 2) playing the 3v3 ranked solo playlist will show you that even a mercenary playlist will have unbalanced teams.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Not being able to play Halo because of the down service for live is making me a sad panda.

rrc1594

I got curious about my playtimes as well thanks to you guys.

Halo 5 - 37 hours so far
Halo 4 - 18 hours total
Halo R - 181 Hours
Halo 3 - 180 Hours
Halo 2 - Unknown, but "1000 games played." It must max out at a thousand, don't see any time records.

I know I've played Halo 1 PC multiplayer waaaaay more than any other Halo game. There's no way to track that number but I'd probably be ashamed if I saw all that time tallied up. It's gotta be at least four times greater than my highest time above. I played it every single day for years. And I still catch a game or two occasionally to this day.
I had a lot of time on my hands back then. Please don't do that math.

Damn lol

Caja 117

Well in that case if you're playing capture the flag game take different stats into account. It's not rocket science

How would you give correct ranks tough? You give more weight to a player that went 40-15 and basically destroying the other team chance of doing anything? Do you get more weight to those that have the flag more time? those that pull it most? those that score most? and how does the ranking system tell when a player is not abusing the system, uou are playing with randoms on an individual ranking system, they are not playing to win anymore they are playing to be in top of the food chain and will do anything to get that even if its bad sportsmanship with teamates, and I dont need to think hipotetically, because that was Reach.

mo60

The xbox app the last time I checked it said I played the game for 11d 14h and 26 min. Waypoint adding up all my playtime in each mode shows that I have played around 210 hours.

Halo CE / 2 / 3 / R / 4 - 0 hours

Halo 5 - 7 Days

6CbxaPc.jpg

The xbox app the last time I checked it said I played the game for over 10 days. Waypoint says around 8 or 9 days if I recall. It's not my most played game this gen yet, but it will probably be my most played game eventually.

Xbox app is way to inaccurate

BraXzy

Xbox app quotes the time the game has been open at any point, idle or not. If it is running, it clocks it.

Waypoint/Halo Tracker record actual game time. If you're on for 20 minutes but play 12 minutes in a match, 12 is what goes down there.

mo60

Halo CE / 2 / 3 / R / 4 - 0 hours

Halo 5 - 7 Days

6CbxaPc.jpg

Yep. Halo waypoint is showing me that have played the game around 210 hours if I add up all the time I have played campaign and multiplayer.I don't think it's recording the amount of time I have been in other modes like theater.

I am expecting huge expansion pack next year with brand new maps and new game modes like Firefight 3.0 etc.Halo 5 needs to be alive till Halo 3 Anniversary ..

I'd totally be down for a $40-$50 'Halo 5: Champions' multiplayer expansion. I wonder if the rest of the Halo community would as well though; at the right pricepoint, with a sufficient amount of new content, I imagine they would be content to purchase. What would people call 'adequate though? Firefight, 13 new maps - 3 BTB, 4 Warzone, 5 Arena, 1 forge canvas - and new modes e.g. invasion, + elites?

wwm0nkey

Halo 2: 7751 Games Played
Time: NA

Halo 3: 6175 Games Played
Time: 15 Days

Halo Reach: 2,674 Games Played
Time: 15 Days (customs took up most of my time)

Halo 4: 758 Games Played
Time: 4Days (Spartan Ops was 18 Hours)

MCC: 289 Game Played
Time: 1 Day 15 Hours

Halo 5: 391 Games Played
Time: 2 Days

Halo 5 goes up by at least 20 games a week now due to a relaxed school schedule so it'll outdo Halo 4 easily.

ARENA

PLAYTIME: 6.19:58:03 (this is how it shows up on waypoint. I think it's 6 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes, 3 seconds??)

GAMES COMPLETED: 1125

WAR ZONE

PLAYTIME: 1.10:49:58

GAMES COMPLETED: 186

CAMPAIGN

PLAYTIME: 08:41:16

Someone add this shit up for me. I have a feeling I have a problem though lol

mo60

ARENA

PLAYTIME: 6.19:58:03 (this is how it shows up on waypoint. I think it's 6 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes, 3 seconds??)

GAMES COMPLETED: 1125

WAR ZONE

PLAYTIME: 1.10:49:58

GAMES COMPLETED: 186

CAMPAIGN

PLAYTIME: 08:41:16

Someone add this shit up for me. I have a feeling I have a problem though lol

It should be between 8 days and 18 hours and 8 days and 20 hours if I'm correct.

I don't see anything wrong...?

no no, see, competitive Halo multiplayer has a rich history of plucky teenagers yelling racist / homophobic / generally kind-of-a-dick-thing-to-do epithets into their headsets and dragging their carbide ceramic ossification-augmented nuts across every inactive visor they come across, promoting anything but vitriol might as well be asking all the pros to castrate themselves.

jem0208

4 days, 5 hours of Reach MP including customs and firefight. 1 day, 15 hours in campaign.

2 days, 6 hours of H4 MP including customs and Spartan Ops. 1 day 2 hours in campaign. That said I also put 1 day and 4 hours into H4 on the MCC.

2 days, 11 hours of Arena, 1 day, 3 hours of Warzone and 1 day 3 hours of Campaign in H5.

Well that's not too bad...I think?

Well, let's say you've played 8.75 days of H5 (0.75 * 24 = 18).

It's been 118 days since October 27th

That means you're spent 7.42% of your life playing H5 since its release day (8.75/118 = 0.0742)

8 days and 18 hours = 210 hours total, that means you've spent on average an hour and 7 minutes on H5 a day since its release.

That's not too bad.

BraXzy

Java thingamabob finally finished parsing 2308 Halo 3 matches lmao.

Halo 3 Time Played

11 Days and 9 Hours (In-Game match time)

Halo Reach Time Played

7 Days 4 Hours

Halo 4 Time Played

14 Hours

Halo 5 Time Played

6 Days 2 Hours ... and counting :D

Halo 2: 6 games (got it the last day it was on XBL)
Halo 3: 2503 games played/ 9D 10H 59M
Halo: Reach: 2718 games played/ 20D 23H 37M
Halo 4: 806 games played/ 4D 16H ??M
Halo MCC: 723 games played/ 5D 00H 52M
Halo 5: 399 games played/ 2D 02H 32M

I feel like my Halo 3 time played is off.

Fuchsdh

Reach: 1632 games / 12D 05H 39M
4: 1100 games / 5D 15H
5: ~300 games / 2D 13H
MCC: 975 games / 13D 1H (the games are inflated by achievement hunting.)

Halo 3 I never played much aside from going for achievements since I got an Xbox at the end of 2011. Surprised I put so much time in Reach, really. Dunno if some of the playtimes count campaign (MCC must, not sure about Reach, 4 and 5 are separated.)

I'm honestly kind of shocked by that low number. Unlike a lot of people I'm not one of the ones who was ever vehemently against Halo 4's multiplayer. I wasn't in love with it, but I didn't write angry letters either. Mainly I was disappointed by the map design that seemed totally bland. I guess I liked the game even less than I thought. Time Played speaks more than I expected.

I continue not to be thrilled with 343's map design. At least the gameplay has gotten infinitely better.

I don't have access to my exact /played on Halo 3 and Reach since I've changed my gamertag since then but they were something along these lines:

Halo 3: ~320 hours
Reach: ~30 hours

Never played 4.

Currently at:

Arena: 35 hours
Warzone: 54 hours
Campaign: 28 hours

So I was in a game with someone that pretty much only plays arena. He had 17 days of playtime (only 40 mins of WZ) and 30k kills. He was only level 112. If you have 17 days of playtime in WZ you would probably be level 140 or higher with a lot of req points. I don’t see why arena modes give less. The whole arena games don’t take as long isn’t a good argument. WZA games can easily be shorter than the game modes in arena.

BraXzy

So I may or may not have forgotten about campaign and customs for Halo 3, both of which I played extensively.

So add to the 11 Days and 9 Hours of online time, 11 Days and 15 Hours of customs and 19 hours of campaign for a grand total of...

23 days and 19 hours of Halo 3 if Bungie.net and this Java app is correct :|

Trup1aya

Well in that case if you're playing capture the flag game take different stats into account. It's not rocket science

Even in slayer there are a ton of factors that come into play that dont show up on the stat sheet...

How do you accurately rank someone's ability to influence enemy spawns, or wait until his team respawns to push, or to time tier two weapons, sacrifice himself to burn a powerup...

There's just so much more that goes into winning a game of slayer that doesn't get factored into KDA, but it all factors into win percentage...

Velikost

Anyone around Platinum/Diamond want to play Arena? Not ranked in anything right now and want to get some done before February is up

Trup1aya

This XBL connectivity shit is really pissing me off.

mixed in with "retrieving data" and it's a sick joke...

Finally snuck in some time to play and the XBL servers were finally agreeable... (Social CTF is a ton of fun by the way), and finished a game with 4999 RP. One more game and I'd get a silver pack... Or so I thought...

It won't retrieve the damn data... Not even after a restart...

This XBL connectivity shit is really pissing me off.

mixed in with "retrieving data" and it's a sick joke...

Finally snuck in some time to play and the XBL servers were finally agreeable... (Social CTF is a ton of fun by the way), and finished a game with 4999 RP. One more game and I'd get a silver pack... Or so I thought...

It won't retrieve the damn data... Not even after a restart...

Sell a useless REQ like a gambit boost.

Kibbles

Months after release, every single time my friends and I try to get on and have a good time playing Halo there is always fucking an issue w.t.f. This time it was fine for me surprisingly but not for them.

I'm guessing all these low Halo 4 times you guys are posting was all during post-launch month, before the title update fixed some flaws. H4 got pretty stable and fun after its first update but by then everybody quit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
live issues? ok, well, i'll just fire up a custom game to try out new acceleration and sensitivity settings.... ah fuck

Top Bottom