• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

IHaveIce

Banned
The Railgun is hitscan now? And the speed is increased?

Woah did not think they would tinker with weapons before Worlds, The Railgun at the tournament will be even more important

The rail gun buff is insane
Wait they buffed it? Lol why? With how powerful all the weapons are I'm beginning to dislike the power ups less. There is no reason the over shield or invis pick ups need to be in the game. Theyre too powerful. I noticed several times while watching the last qualifiers that whoever ended up with the power ups first basically won the game. They should be good but not that good.

Can someone link me to the Reach update info?

http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/24/new...tent-detailed-as-hammer-storm-launches-today/

Halo-5-Guardians-Free-Spring-and-Summer-Content-Preview1-940x528.jpg

I like this part-

Among the vast array of new modes coming to Halo over the next several months is one that our fans have repeatedly asked us to deliver – Firefight. The new mode, called “Warzone Firefight”, will bring PvE to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer and let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!)

Everyone will show off their customization like FFA!*?* Sweet.

OMG Thank you 343i, THANK YOU I'm speechless I really was not expecting Firefight, man the amount of support that 343i are giving the game is absolutely insane

tumblr_m4agwxvyK61qkzmbz.gif

Warzone Firefight
Firefight
Firefight
Firefight
In Warzone
In Halo 5
Firefight
In 2016

PLEASE Please Do Not use Palmers Voice For the love of god! Use different voice assets!!!

#WEBACK

OH And Add Firefight to Forge! "JUST DO IT! !!"

Fuchsdh

Agreed, hope they really go for it. That said, even if it's just a bum-rush of AI towards a core or something that wouldn't be an unenjoyable experience ;) The Warzone prefix could mean it integrates Warzone-type objectives, or just that it takes place on Warzone maps, etc...

Could be as simple as Warzone assault with AI—have to hold areas as long as you can for points, when you get overrun you move to the next checkpoint. Or maybe it's just like Firefight Limited on a portion of the map.

Would be cool if they did something with REQs and secondary objectives like the Warzone bosses, though.

Grifball and Fiesta will both appear in Social playlists in the coming weeks, this week is Assault. You can however use both gamemodes in customs.

Wait... is this how they're handling it? They're not going to be separate modes but rotating weekend modes!?

If that's the case... that's crap.

BraXzy

Detective

Man.. I've been playing Halo 5 and only halo 5 since it launched.

All my other games has been forgotten.

And now, I really don't know what to do. This is just amazing.

More and more reasons to just keep playing until Halo 6

:D

Sai

Aw, there's no Gold on the color palette. :( Coral's about the closest I can get to matching the Gold Standard weapon skins—Sulfer's too bright, while Dijon's too dingy.

I hope they allow us to customize the color of the body suits independently.

Fuchsdh

Also, in regards to the fears of "no Infection!"

... Every single future image is a placeholder (that's an actual Reach shot, and that warthog looks like H3 concept stuff, and that Meridian screen looks like a campaign shot of the non-combat play space.)

No need to rustle your jimmies.

So, my first few thoughts on Grifball:

- Spartan Charge is a joke here.
- The range in which you can detone the bomb is a joke. It's literally a pinprick.
- The lunge on the hammer is ridiculous, especially coupled with Spartan Charge.
- The hammer's damage output is still wildly inconsistent. I can hit an enemy straight in the face and he'll shrug it off, but then one will zoom halfway across the map and whack me into the stratosphere.

Maybe it's to do with getting matched on non-European servers, I dunno. Bur right now, I'm not feeling it. I really enjoyed Grifball before but in the two games I've played I've spent more time swearing at the bullshit happening on my screen than actually having fun.

Top Bottom