• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Lol, I just meant from a design standpoint; of course I've got absolutely no idea how much of a hassle it'd be to actually implement. Just saying that the 2 modes are pretty close together, is all.
My bad, wasn't really saying anything negative towards you lol. Couldn't pass up on a switch-flipping joke in a Halo thread.
It's just that easy! Just like replacing Guillotine and Deadlock variants with the new ones and adding new community maps into BTB. They're just being lazy devs, totally. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYdX9geon6U

BraXzy

Ghosts of Meridian - Infection
Memories of Reach - Invasion
Hog Wild - Race

??? Please

Didn't really think about the Ghosts part of the name, good thinking. I suppose if they were bringing that, they'd want to keep the cards close to their chest for now.

This is what I'm hoping for, you forgot to add in Headhunter though.

This guy gets it.

I would've called the Memories guess nuts yesterday, but fuck, they're adding Firefight... I don't know anymore.

Too true, too true. Next you'll be telling me Halo 5 is getting a mini version of Halo Wars 2 as a new game mode/expansion.

Sai

Terminal Velocity's my new favorite Assassination. :D

Had to take a break, but I hope to see some of you guys on later.

This guy gets it.

Yes Headhunter!

What I'd be happy with:

HeadHunter
Noble team armors
Reach DMR
Grenade Launcher
Falcon
A few of Reach's maps. SWORDBASE

Yes Headhunter!

What I'd be happy with:

HeadHunter
Noble team armors
Reach DMR
Grenade Launcher
Falcon
A few of Reach's maps. SWORDBASE

Reach had the worst maps. I expect we'll get forge world though. A new forgeworld would be better. With Timberlands, Sidewinder and Coag prefabs in their original aesthetic.

blamite

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but do the Assault custom game settings allow for recreating the old-school, round-based attack/defend single-bomb assault modes?

Just had an assault match on Empire where we came back from 2 down with 2 minutes to go. Went sudden-death, and personally scored to clinch it.

So goood.

blamite

It would be cool if there was a way to bring back the aesthetics of the Reach DMR and AR without just making them terrible weapons.

I came back from school and work expecting a cool new REQ pack or exclusive set of skins ...

... and I get Warzone Firefight and HammerStorm is out apparently.

bert-and-ernie-reactigaj7l.gif

Put in the Reach DMR in the game but make it have all the crappy bloom and have it be much easier to obtain in Req Packs and make it Rank 5!

Also, hmm...

large.jpg

HMM....

needlerifle.png

HMMMMMMMMMM...

chopper2thumbnail.jpg

Sai

Would they even bother with the Needle Rifle now that they have that Carbine variant in?

Actually, what's the difference in their TTK? Or at least the number of shots it takes for a supercombine explosion?

Kibbles

Has anyone dealt with a bad elite controller and returning it or anything? I had it since release but My Left Bumper is fucked already :/

RoKKeR

YO I just got my old Snake emblem from Halo 3 back? Has this been in the game since the beginning or was it a recent edition? Either way, stoked.

Loving all of the new color options, Spartans look much better now.

Trup1aya

I feel like 343i has finally learned the virtues of under promising and over delivering. This is something I've been critical about since the game launched.

This time around, They set us up to believe the update would barely make its February deadline, then they push up the reveal, but leave out the update launch date... SURPRISE it's the very next day.

Then , after the stream, stinkles comes on here and tells us there will be some medium sized announcements... We're all tempering out expecations, because we've been disappointed before....

Low and behold, fucking Firefight!!!

This is PR done right...

Fuchsdh

I feel like 343i has finally learned the virtues of under promising and over delivering. This is something I've been critical about since the game launched.

This time around, They set us up to believe the update would barely make its February deadline, then they push up the reveal, but leave out the update launch date... SURPRISE it's the very next day.

Then , after the stream, stinkles comes on here and tells us there will be some medium sized announcements... We're all tempering out expecations, because we've been disappointed before....

Low and behold, fucking Firefight!!!

This is PR done right...

It's why I don't understand why people constantly insist they be more specific with the dates. There's literally no benefit to doing so; better to give a soft date and get it out when it's ready rather than disappointing people if something slips.

Terminal Velocity's my new favorite Assassination. :D

Had to take a break, but I hope to see some of you guys on later.
Yeah it's a nice one, but I think my top three are Backbreaker, Lift Off and Stop Stabbing Yourself. I usually rock out with Backbreaker because the other two get replaced by the default assassination too often.

jem0208

Assault is seriously amazing in this game. The changes they've made to the ball carrier make it so much better. Carrying the bomb in previous games was a massive chore but now it's genuinely quite fun. Juking people with the double thrust is awesome and the melee is has that sickening crunch to it and is incredibly satisfying.

Well done 343.

Also before it was revealed, people thought that the CE Pistol image was actually a very blurry Fist of Rukt. I wonder how you would make a legendary version of the Gravity Hammer work. Increased blast radius and knock-back maybe?

Trup1aya

It's why I don't understand why people constantly insist they be more specific with the dates. There's literally no benefit to doing so; better to give a soft date and get it out when it's ready rather than disappointing people if something slips.

The only time it's ok to give specific dates is if the product is already done, well ahead of schedule or your confident you'll release BEFORE the scheduled date...

It's always ok to pleasantly surprise, but you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment.

It's on Recurve, its the bridge area near the middle. There is one for each side.

Picked it up and it was the best thing ever.

Oh they actually put it in matchmaking? Heh there is a lot of little things about this update that they just left out for people to find out on their own.

It's on Recurve, its the bridge area near the middle. There is one for each side.

Picked it up and it was the best thing ever.
Nice! Didn't know it was in Arena at all, haven't seen it on any of the standard Arena maps but guess I'll have to play some BTB now. This update just gets better and better.

clav

Even though Halo 2 BR is just a slightly bigger hitscan than the Halo 5 BR, it's just nice to hear it firing in the midst of a fight.

Top Bottom