• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

blamite

It's still on regret if I recall.

Oh yeah, I think that's still true. I forget about Regret a lot, I don't know if it's matchmaking weighting or just bad luck, but that map very rarely seems to show up in matchmaking for me. Maybe it just has fewer gametypes? Is it Slayer only?

RowdyReverb

Have you noticed how great the impulse triggers and controller rumble are for this game? I was playing on mute earlier and it amazed me. Each gun has a unique feel when pulling the trigger, and there's a slight kick when the reload is complete. I'm sure I had subconsciously noticed this in the past, but playing without sound really made it stand out.

Who would do something so foolish?

image.php

Just like in Breakout there are people trying to bring the flag to their own base, people are really clueless sometimes.

Or they are just stupid.

Not now, we are speculating, something like Invasion, Reach themed maps/remakes, Reach weapons etc.

I was sadly referencing my own play from last night. I accidentally pushed the flag back towards the enemy base last night on Truth, we lost because of it. I was disoriented off of spawn. :p

wwm0nkey

So happy I don't have to deal with desync issues anymore! Was able to play all day without a single issue after switching off of TWC.

jfoul

I had 140k saved up, now l'm almost 100% with REQs again. Selling REQs is takes forever though. Surprisingly, I unlocked the MCC Helioskrill armor along with the two new variations.

Random17

Firefight is fantastic.

Please have a large amount of content on release in Halo 6. It's depressing to read anecdotes of Halo's death on reddit. Most people don't know about these updates, I bet.

Kibbles

I was sad to see the H1 pistol isn't a loadout unlock, until I used it on Recurve BTB. Lawdddd I dominated lol. Easier to use than the H1 pistol for sure, almost half of my kills were perfects.

JackHerer

The special REQ weapon for Remember Reach HAS to be the grenade launcher.

This update is the best one yet. Torque is the prettiest map in the game, especially in terms of skybox. That ring is insane. Seems to play well but I felt a little lost on my one match on it.

jfoul

The release schedule for this game looks really awesome. With the addition of Firefight, the only other thing I can think of that I still want is campaign scoring with co-op matchmaking.

A release on PC would also be cool, even if it's only the MP side. Robust AA options, Increased foliage density, eliminated pop-in, and support for 4K resolution would be great on PC.

MysteryM

Its great to get a bunch of free updates, however I really wish the arena maps were more forthcoming.

We got one in the last update but nothing in this one, I think actually preferred having to pay for them, at least we'd get a few at a time.

I appreciate that there is a new warzone map, but I don't play warzone.

Nutter

Its great to get a bunch of free updates, however I really wish the arena maps were more forthcoming.

We got one in the last update but nothing in this one, I think actually preferred having to pay for them, at least we'd get a few at a time.

WTF you taking about?

We JUST today got a brand new arena map.

Torque is an Arena map...

Grifball does not work with Halo 5's mechanics - at least, in its current iteration. I don't know what's wrong - perhaps it's the way the hammer works? - but I'm not enjoying myself with it. Also, I'm so fed-up with having the ball-carrier ground-pound to score. Too little you can do to stop it.

BraXzy

I had 140k saved up, now l'm almost 100% with REQs again. Selling REQs is takes forever though. Surprisingly, I unlocked the MCC Helioskrill armor along with the two new variations.

Don't forget there's a Chrome extension that allows you to mass sell REQs through Waypoint.

So once again, why betrayal booting in Grifball? It's laughable. My idiot teammates just press the boot button immediately and we end up with two players against four, so we get decimated.

So once again, why betrayal booting in Grifball? It's laughable. My idiot teammates just press the boot button immediately and we end up with two players against four, so we get decimated.

I'm slightly vary of turning it off completely since I suspect some people would be dicks and just team kill for the entire match if they could do it without any penalty but it should be made much more lenient (so allow people at least 10 TKs or even more before giving their team mates the option to boot them).

I'm slightly vary of turning it off completely since I suspect some people would be dicks and just team kill for the entire match if they could do it without any penalty but it should be made much more lenient (so allow people at least 10 TKs or even more before giving their team mates the option to boot them).

Yeah, I guess that would work. Right now it's just very frustrating when your team starts losing because the other guys just immediately press the 'A' button when they see a betrayal prompt.

Why is Social [Gametype] 5vs5? It is terrible. Nades are everywhere and one person can camp in your base and you getting ridiculous spawns. Maps are too small for that as well. It should be 4vs4...

Top Bottom