• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I restarted the game for about 5 times now. No new REQ's showing. Next step: Hard Reset.

You must be close to finishing Silver packs, if that happened.

I already had them finished. I saved 60k for this update and got a legendary DMR with the new attachment. So I have have one rare/uncommon left?

If they have daily challenges and other persistent elements by the time Firefight comes out Halo 5 really will just be everything Destiny should have been.

Speaking of Legendary weapons I would love to see the return of this weapons:

h2_plasma-3.jpg

h2_plasma_brute-8.jpg

What do you think?

blamite

Also does the Spartan Charge with a sword count to the SC commendation? If yes, we’ll get it in no time now!

I don't think it does unless you get the medal, unfortunately. My Grifball charges weren't counting towards my personal commendations, and I'm assuming the company ones work the same way.

Sai

Speaking of Legendary weapons I would love to see the return of this weapons:

h2_plasma-3.jpg

h2_plasma_brute-8.jpg

What do you think?
If they give 'em the plasma stun back to differentiate from the Storm Rifles, sure.

Otherwise, I'm completely content with the Storm Rifle, and whatever they had before in Reach phasing the old Plasma Rifles out. As a matter of fact, I kinda liked that manual heat discharge Reach's had going on.

Here is what I would do.

Halo Combat Evolved Pistol is a loadout weapon, but a very high rank one, like 6 or 7. It has the same damage, but the bullets are changed to projectiles, thus its way harder to perfectly aim with. This version is the one that will eventually be put into Arena on a map as a Power Weapon.

Rename the non loadout version to Keyes' Pistol and have that one be the same as it is now, hitscan and all.

Why do people quit Griftball? It's just Grifball FFS. Unless they are getting booted for betrayals, which really need to be removed.

Anyways update is a lot of fun. Haven't had this much fun since launch.

IHaveIce

Banned
People's hard ons for Infection man... There are so many gametypes and variants that I would prefer to see :/

I know ghosts of Meridian will have a pretty big Warzone map set on Meridian, I think we kinda saw it already.

I also doubt Invasion is comin back... I mean it could, since even Firefight is coming back, but was Invasion really that much different from being Warzone Assault?

We are also still missing the Rig Remix.. maybe it is an Uncaged remake :J

People's hard ons for Infection man... There are so many gametypes and variants that I would prefer to see :/

I know ghosts of Meridian will have a pretty big Warzone map set on Meridian, I think we kinda saw it already.

I also doubt Invasion is comin back... I mean it could, since even Firefight is coming back, but was Invasion really that much different from being Warzone Assault?

We are also still missing the Rig Remix.. maybe it is an Uncaged remake :J

Invasion was pretty different to W-A also Infection while I'm personally not a huge fan has a huge fan base, much like griffball.

They also can serve as Archetypes too. Infection I assume could double up as Juggernaut and VIP since it's basically player trait related. Invasion is strongly zone based so KOTH and Territories and Dominion could potentially return along side it. Race is Race but largely unique.

I mean at that point you are only missing Extraction from Halo 4 and Headhunter and then Halo 5 would support EVERY game variant from Halo.

Anyone notice a change to ghost mongoose and hog handling?

It's certainly changed. They said so in the 343WU but if you knew that are asking what it's like.. It's kind of like the H3 hog. it feels to have a better center of weight and actual inertia. Much better. I hated driving previously but |enjoyed what I've done today

Defect

I only care about infection so we can make good customs and not have to constantly change teams and other shit.

Also when are we getting that file browser?

IHaveIce

Banned
Did you guys see those new mythic legendary weapon skins in your armory? There are now 2 343 dev skins, I guess we can't unlock them, so kinda mean to tease us :(

blamite

Did you guys see those new mythic legendary weapon skins in your armory? There are now 2 343 dev skins, I guess we can't unlock them, so kinda mean to tease us :(

The 343 emblem is in the armory as well. I was already never going to be able to get 100% emblems due to the beta prime and some of the more ridiculous commendations, but still...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Grifball is so much fun! My second game was 4-4 and at the last five seconds we scored and I had 45 kills. Assault is good too. Where is my Fiesta though?! :(

Also sexy!

Also does the Spartan Charge with a sword count to the SC commendation? If yes, we’ll get it in no time now!

Still wish they had kept Helioskrill to unlock from beating MCC on legendary. Now it's just any other skin.

switch_300.jpg

Do it Stinkles, flip that switch.

It's just that easy! Just like replacing Guillotine and Deadlock variants with the new ones and adding new community maps into BTB. They're just being lazy devs, totally. :p

Lol, I just meant from a design standpoint; of course I've got absolutely no idea how much of a hassle it'd be to actually implement. Just saying that the 2 modes are pretty close together, is all.

Top Bottom