• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I GOT IT!
2sIUwfc.png
c1fe80893c378f0155447aab9454ecf7.png

xZ09sVQ.gif

I've had a genius idea for a gametype sitting at work today - anyone near there Xbone and can tell the ball options available in custom games? Thanks in advance!

belushy

Banned
I've had a genius idea for a gametype sitting at work today - anyone near there Xbone and can tell the ball options available in custom games? Thanks in advance!

Yeah I have it booted up right now:

Score to Win
Delivery Time
Delivery Reset Time
Points Per Carried Delivery
Points Per Thrown Delivery
Points for Carrying
Carrying Scoring Interval
Ball Respawn Time
First Ball Spawn Time
Extra Respawn Time on Delivery
Ball Reset Time
Carrier Navpoint Behavior
Carrier Spotted Duration

as well as Ball Carrier traits which you can set if they can use thruster, clamber, and all that kinda stuff. Plus Ball throwing toggle.

Is there a comprehensive or near-comprehensive list of the pro's sens, accel and deadzone settings? I'd be interested to see the trends. I did see Roy's and Naded's posted a few days ago.

Strider

Wouldn't taking out betrayal booting in grifball open up doors for people to just go in and troll and kill teammates on purpose? Yea accidents happen and it's not working out atm but that just sounds like a bad idea too to me...

Whatever tho I'm just a scrub that thinks friendly fire doesn't belong in social playlists so don't mind me.

Fuchsdh

It is hilarious how out of place the CE pistol is aesthetically. It's probably the most faithful recreation of any weapon ever in Halo but it still looks wrong to me, like they stuck in a low-poly model just because everything else is so crazy detailed these days. Not sure they could have threaded the balance without ruining the whole point, though.

It is hilarious how out of place the CE pistol is aesthetically. It's probably the most faithful recreation of any weapon ever in Halo but it still looks wrong to me, like they stuck in a low-poly model just because everything else is so crazy detailed these days. Not sure they could have threaded the balance without ruining the whole point, though.

They purposely made it like that. Like it was taken right out of CE.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a comprehensive or near-comprehensive list of the pro's sens, accel and deadzone settings? I'd be interested to see the trends. I did see Roy's and Naded's posted a few days ago.

Majority are 4 sens and 3 acceleration. Some will have 4 sens and 2 acceleration.

You'll also have the occasional 3 sens 4 acceleration.

As far as deadzones are concerned, they should be 0 unless there are problems with your controller then you adjust accordingly.

By problems I mean drift and slow turn. If your controller does not have either, your deadzones should be 0.

At the end of the day this is all depends what you are comfortable with.

G-DannY

Majority are 4 sens and 3 acceleration. Some will have 4 sens and 2 acceleration.

As far as deadzones are concerned, they should be 0 unless there are problems with your controller then you adjust accordingly.

By problems I mean drift and slow turn. If your controller does not have either, your deadzones should be 0.

It also depends on the way you play and the stick configuration (if you have the Elite).

I mean, with longer RS, is also possibile a slight higher sensitivity, due to the longer lever.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Halo took the number 6 spot last night on most played games.

ahead of ark, seige, rocket leauge, battlefront. some heavy hitters.

Where do you look to see this? I apologize if the question has been asked already.

Wouldn't taking out betrayal booting in grifball open up doors for people to just go in and troll and kill teammates on purpose? Yea accidents happen and it's not working out atm but that just sounds like a bad idea too to me...

Whatever tho I'm just a scrub that thinks friendly fire doesn't belong in social playlists so don't mind me.

Removing friendly fire from grifball changes how it plays so I'd prefer if they didn't do that.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
It also depends on the way you play and the stick configuration (if you have the Elite).

I mean, with longer RS, is also possibile a slight higher sensitivity, due to the longer lever.

As far as pros are concerned, they use the default sticks. The only person to use longer sticks was Flamesword and that was in Halo 3 or reach.

This information comes from Towey.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
if you go to the store and hit browse games, the "most played games" is a live list.

Ahh, okay. For some reason I was thinking you were talking about a different set of leaderboard. I remember when Major Nelson use to post top xbox live games activity with player numbers I think. For some reason thought you were talking about something along the lines of that.

I always wondered this myself. Thank you sir

Ahh, okay. For some reason I was thinking you were talking about a different set of leaderboard. I remember when Major Nelson use to post top xbox live games activity with player numbers I think. For some reason thought you were talking about something along the lines of that.

the only reason he doesnt do that list anymore is cause of this one, since its updated real time

Top Bottom