• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Nowise10

Playing Assault just shows me how stupid people play lol. They have no awareness of what is actually going on around them. I'd say at least 5 times now in the past day, someone on my team is arming the bomb, and dies with only fractions of a second left, and teammates will run by the ball and focus on the enemies, and then end of dying or giving the opportunity for the enemy to pick up the ball and reset the clock.

You can charge people but I only think I've ever gotten brawler medals from it (unfortunately can't check in the postgame lobby.)

I don't think they count.
Hmm I just checked my last few Griffball games where I know I got some charge kills and they say my most used weapon was "spartan" which I'm assuming is the ability kills(charge and ground pound) but I'm not in a company to see if they count.

Ramirez

Playing Assault just shows me how stupid people play lol. They have no awareness of what is actually going on around them. I'd say at least 5 times now in the past day, someone on my team is arming the bomb, and dies with only fractions of a second left, and teammates will run by the ball and focus on the enemies, and then end of dying or giving the opportunity for the enemy to pick up the ball and reset the clock.

We had a guy last night we were convinced thought he was playing oddball. He'd just grab the bomb and hide in our base, completely clueless.

G-DannY

I hope Assault gets a non-social playlist soon. I am silver or bronze in most things but I tried to play assault last night and my first game I go 1-13, and I check the other teams ranks after the game and they were all gold and diamond. That was painfully unfun.

Looking at k/d in obj modes, especially in social... Is the current main blunder remaining to this awesome game. It goes in parallel with all the griefers and stat worshipers/padders that play around.

Just like the ones that in assault do not go for score, hiding with the ball to make other teammates rack up tons of easy kills and then score just 1 winning point at last seconds.

Encountered multiple times teams playing like this yesterday.

link1201

Hmm I just checked my last few Griffball games where I know I got some charge kills and they say my most used weapon was "spartan" which I'm assuming is the ability kills(charge and ground pound) but I'm not in a company to see if they count.
I may be wrong. I'll need to check my sc medal count before I play another match.

We had a guy last night we were convinced thought he was playing oddball. He'd just grab the bomb and hide in our base, completely clueless.

To be fair... Oddball should have been introduced instead of Assault. At least at first. Get more people familiar with the mechanics without the objective locations. Guarantee more people would be playing oddball than Assault.

Also... puzzled Infection is still not here. Bizarre as fuck.

clav

I wonder if 343i considered voice packs.

Something about Jeff Steitzer's pronunciation in Halo 2 gives me vibes not felt in the other games.

Simple words like:

Slayer. The slight pause of hearing the background environment before the anticipated word.

Territory controlled!

Territory lost.

Tied the leader! I wonder why 343i hasn't added this back in.

Gained the lead!

Lost the lead!

Playing Assault just shows me how stupid people play lol. They have no awareness of what is actually going on around them.

Not just Assault.

Too often people kill their own teammates until 2 minutes into the game because people don't remember which color team they were.

Sometimes they start Spartan charging their own sniper.

Then there's teammates who don't protect their carrier and are on the opposite end of the map, they have no reason to be anywhere else, unless there's a power position that over looks the planting area.

clav

Then there's teammates who don't protect their carrier and are on the opposite end of the map, they have no reason to be anywhere else, unless there's a power position that over looks the planting area.

Grifball is actually a very good way to judge team awareness.

Not just Assault.

Too often people kill their own teammates until 2 minutes into the game because people don't remember which color team they were.

Sometimes they start Spartan charging their own sniper.
Is that stupidity or forgetting they aren't in Warzone anymore? I know I've gotten careless with grenades and melee after a Warzone spree.

singhr1

While most people are unlocking cool REQs like the CE pistol and the H2 BR, here I am just finally unlocking the base SPNKr :-/

clav

While most people are unlocking cool REQs like the CE pistol and the H2 BR, here I am just finally unlocking the base SPNKr :-/

I'm still there with you.

Haven't bought a single pack.

There are way too many Rare class emblems that mess with the REQ system.

Almost like if you value your time + electricity bill, you should buy the Arena pack.

Yeah Assault > Oddball
Especially this incarnation of Assault, it's so good.

I hope they add different models for Team ball. I liked the Skull in Oddball.

Eh, to each his own. Dont get me wrong i love Assault... but Oddball a little more. It's more chaotic for fun social gametypes. Assault brings back SnD feelings.

What's so different in Halo 5's Assault? I thought it was pretty standard, no?

Eh, to each his own. Dont get me wrong i love Assault... but Oddball a little more. It's more chaotic for fun social gametypes. Assault brings back SnD feelings.

What's so different in Halo 5's Assault? I thought it was pretty standard, no?

Larger arm area + double thrust makes all the difference as the carrier.

Nowise10

Does the Gravity Hammer in H5 feel like, completely random on whether you'll get a kill or just take down a quarter of their shields.

I felt in Reach/H3 I could tell if I was gonna get the kill or be killed, judging on when I hit the trigger.

Does the Gravity Hammer in H5 feel like, completely random on whether you'll get a kill or just take down a quarter of their shields.

I felt in Reach/H3 I could tell if I was gonna get the kill or be killed, judging on when I hit the trigger.

I feel like I get kills when I'm not expecting to though people never walk away when I believe I'll kill them.

Karl2177

Yeah. Felt that way about the Halo 4 Grav Hammer also.

blakep267

I've come across where people take to ball to the teams spot, and then just drop it and stand around. I guess they think that it just has to be in there but not hold it

We were tied in a match and two team mates just stood guard over the ball. I'm yelling pick it up

Screenshot-Original.png

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH. What a fucking game. Even if I lost, what a fucking game.

Does the new gravity hammer send vehicles flying like in halo 3?

No better feeling than knocking a hog off the cliff on rats nest for the triple kill.

That it's been a launch gametype of recent Halo games and Halo 5 is about 5 months in and it's still not here.

Not only that but a lot of people made their final judgments on the launch game. If a lot of this stuff isnt there at launch, theyll never know or bother going back.

My only issue with Grifball is that after several games of it, heaven help me if I try and go back to something with guns. It's like I forget how to shoot. Or at least aim.

I had a LOT of friends who gave up and traded it in a month after release.

I believe it and thats the problem with not knowing that these gametypes are coming. They really kept us in the dark with that and with halo4, most of them never came at all. So people figured, it wont happen.

Fuchsdh

I believe it and thats the problem with not knowing that these gametypes are coming. They really kept us in the dark with that and with halo4, most of them never came at all. So people figured, it wont happen.

We weren't missing that much in Halo 4 in terms of multiplayer modes. Oddball and KOTH were in at launch, they added Ricochet, Infection was a launch playlist. Assault and asymmetric versions of game types were all that was missing.

Sordid

I've been reading this thread too much, was spartan charging like a champ in Grifball earlier until I remembered I'm not in the HaloGAF spartan company. Oops!

Top Bottom