• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

Eep

feIdvmY.png

"Across the board, every single map with Flag has the respawn zones flipped."

Seems a pretty simple fix though.

How on earth does that make it live?

If I had to guess, it's because Spawn Zones use exclusivity to designate team spawns, rather than inclusivity. Their extended options allow you to choose a team for each spawn zone, but this allows everyone but the selected team to spawn in the area. For example, if an area is labeled Team 1 (Defender), every other team can spawn there - Team 2 (Attacker), Orange Team, Cyan Team, etc.

Presumably whoever was responsible for replacing the spawn zones just didn't read over the flavor text properly, though it's still kind of an odd distinction to make as opposed to making it inclusivity-based.

If I had to guess, it's because Spawn Zones use exclusivity to designate team spawns, rather than inclusivity. Their extended options allow you to choose a team for each spawn zone, but this allows everyone but the selected team to spawn in the area. For example, if an area is labeled Team 1 (Defender), every other team can spawn there - Team 2 (Attacker), Orange Team, Cyan Team, etc.

Presumably whoever was responsible for replacing the spawn zones just didn't read over the flavor text properly, though it's still kind of an odd distinction to make as opposed to making it inclusivity-based.

The question is really more about QA than about how the mistake was made...

Glass

Pretty sure I've found a bug with theatre mode and machinima controls, moving the camera in freecam moves extremely slowly, you might even think it's stuck it moves so slow.

Edit: Think I got it stuck like that somehow, restarting the game fixed it.

mo60

I did not really care about the slide boost being removed. I do think one issue with the slide boost was that it could be used to break out of some breakout maps if I recall.I would love it if it came back, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I feel Overgrowth can be a better map if we didn't have shotgun and sword, a game can turn one sided easily against a decent team controlling both.
I like the layout of Overgrowth with all of the cutoffs, but having sword AND shotgun is what ruins it. I think sword needs to be removed permanently from the map.
And they removed shotgun but not sword lol. I did kill someone charging me with the sword with the storm rifle this morning on a different map. No idea what he was thinking lol.
I haven't played a match on overgrowth in weeks. :) I'm not joking about this.I usually play around an hour or two per day on the weekend of team slayer in arena and I have never played a match on that map since early January.The RNG gods must like me a lot.
Thats funny because it might have literally been the first time I played on it too.

Any good summaries out there of the changes/updates that have to Halo 5?

I know there's a new Arena and Warzone map, plus some armor, but anything else? After seeing how great some Forge maps out there are, I really wouldn't mind seeing more in MM at all.

Ramirez

Camo/Shotgun was a much bigger problem than the sword, IMO. Especially since one team basically got it uncontested at the beginning of every match, heh.

E92 M3

Camo/Shotgun was a much bigger problem than the sword, IMO. Especially since one team basically got it uncontested at the beginning of every match, heh.

When I complain, it's mostly from a slayer perspective and FFA. The net damage of sword is much higher, in my opinion.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Slide thing, from what I understand, had some game-breaking properties that are not related to it simply being an "advanced technique."

Watching gameplay of these two tricks I can see how this could cause some game-breaking issues. The boost+crouch combo seriously messes up the player momentum.

That said, it would be nice if they could be brought back in as official tricks since they do add some good variety to the sandbox.

Pretty sure I've found a bug with theatre mode and machinima controls, moving the camera in freecam moves extremely slowly, you might even think it's stuck it moves so slow.

Edit: Think I got it stuck like that somehow, restarting the game fixed it.

That happened to me in Forge, I think. A quick quit and back into the map (not even a reload of the game) fixed it. Might be a different bug though, given monitor vs geometry clipping.

HIGHRISE or whatever it's called. SKY BUILDING GIRDERS.map

EDIT: BEATEN
Thanks guys, you're the best Halo friends anyone could ask for. :)

Wow, the lack of aim assist on the H2BR is really noticeable.

Git Gud :p

I just added like 80 people from HaloGAF. Phew!

Hope to see some of you in a Warzone dong squad. :p

79 declines incoming. the 1 accept will be from
Elzar

Top Bottom