• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

I really like noctis assault.

Only played one match, didn't like how you start at the garage defending it. The match felt almost verbatim like the escape from ARC Assault variant (obviously a bit different since entry into garage is a bit different).

But I mean, the previous Assault variants actually had you capture/defend the one unique aspect of each map first. The Spire on Apex 7, Fortress on Stormbreak, Garage on ARC and it should've been Monument or something here. Maybe a few more matches and I can see how the vehicle action is having to defend middle armory, but it would suck if most matches just end at the first garage.

Only played one match, didn't like how you start at the garage defending it. The match felt almost verbatim like the escape from ARC Assault variant (obviously a bit different since entry into garage is a bit different).

But I mean, the previous Assault variants actually had you capture/defend the one unique aspect of each map first. The Spire on Apex 7, Fortress on Stormbreak, Garage on ARC and it should've been Monument or something here. Maybe a few more matches and I can see how the vehicle action is having to defend middle armory, but it would suck if most matches just end at the first garage.

I really like the aesthetic of Urban, but the armoury is a bit disappointing. The outside area is pretty cool.

That said, I barely ever play Assault anyway. It's a bit throwaway for me, somehow.

link1201

I really like the cartoony look of the "Keeper of the domain" emblem.
18ZlhoB.jpg

Ramirez

I really wish once bombs are in they would redo Assault into a mode where you have to plant a bomb, put two spots in each base, with the core being the finale I guess. It could be so much better than what it currently is.

I really like the cartoony look of "The keeper of the domain" emblem.

definitely enabling this one when i get it.

Someone already broke out of the map? I haven't even downloaded it yet lmao.

So what UI updates came?

User Interface:

Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate
Active Roster updated to show whether or not friends are joinable and/or can be spectated
Rarity is displayed for REQs in Spartan HUB Customization
Players can now see equipped customization items from Spartan Appearance, Spartan ID, and Weapon Skins rather than going to each individual menu screen

Slowly but surely...

I think the main improvement Assault needs is a size expansion: it's all a bit too intense from the very start.

Bombs added into Warzone in general would be cool, although a fourth objective might be too much for the mode.

Madness

They might as well...getting a lot of backlash as it is.

Vocal minority. Happens every time. In the large scheme of things this change will have gone unnoticed for a large percentage of the community. I never did this move, and I only saw it once or twice in matches where some guy went flying by. Anecdotal of course. I know speed runners used it, others developing strategies around it. But it's not something that will have affected the overall player base.

Now you could say, because of that very reason, it didn't warrant removal, but it's definitely not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Once the instant outrage ends, people will move on.

Ramirez

For getting something to level 4, we should get like at least a Silver pack with 1 or 2 Legendaries inside them. Company Commendation packs are not even close to be worth that much troubble.

They are stingy, 5 commons usually for me, lol. Oh and 300 XP for rank 4!

jfoul

I just added like 80 people from HaloGAF. Phew!

Hope to see some of you in a Warzone dong squad. :p

I'm about to do the same. It would be nice if joining a spartan company made all members followers. Would be so much easier to add people.

Ryde3

After getting a great explanation from you good folks, I have 'finished' my bronze packs! Wish I knew about this earlier I've def bought a couple golds packs with real $$$ on a whim, and countless with REQ points, almost feels like a waste.

However I pretty much just wear the Mark VI anyways so no big deal.

Question, does everyone have the Mark VI Armour and Helmet or were they something I randomly unlocked with a pack?

After getting a great explanation from you good folks, I have 'finished' my bronze packs! Wish I knew about this earlier I've def bought a couple golds packs with real $$$ on a whim, and countless with REQ points, almost feels like a waste.

However I pretty much just wear the Mark VI anyways so no big deal.

Question, does everyone have the Mark VI Armour and Helmet or were they something I randomly unlocked with a pack?

If it is the one that is the regular and the other scarred, it was unlocked via playing MCC.

For getting something to level 4, we should get like at least a Silver pack with 1 or 2 Legendaries inside them. Company Commendation packs are not even close to be worth that much troubble.

I haven't opened it yet, but I still have a lot of common work left, so it's all good for the moment.

BraXzy

User Interface:

Spartan Rank Progress now appears under all players’ nameplate
Active Roster updated to show whether or not friends are joinable and/or can be spectated
Rarity is displayed for REQs in Spartan HUB Customization
Players can now see equipped customization items from Spartan Appearance, Spartan ID, and Weapon Skins rather than going to each individual menu screen

Slowly but surely...

Thank you kind sir. I'm excited.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
H2's button combos massively added to the game and they were glitches.

It was no more game breaking than something like sprint.

h2 weapon glitches sucked. they were significantly more game altering and commonly used then this h5 glitch, which is no where near as game breaking.

oh boy @ the sprint argument. the game was designed around sprint. it wasnt designed around propelling you across certain maps using a slope. i wouldnt lose sleep if it had stayed in, but i am glad its gone. the faux-outrage is entertaining though.

Top Bottom