• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Haruko

I'm still there with you.

Haven't bought a single pack.

There are way too many Rare class emblems that mess with the REQ system.

Almost like if you value your time + electricity bill, you should buy the Arena pack.

Over 100 of the Rare emblems are only obtained through commendations, so they don't actually clog up the REQ pack RNG very much.

You can't tell that from the UI though so it looks a lot more intimidating than it really is

Over 100 of the Rare emblems are only obtained through commendations, so they don't actually clog up the REQ pack RNG very much.

You can't tell that from the UI though so it looks a lot more intimidating than it really is

That's better than I originally presumed!

OT: Haven't touched Halo 5 except to load up the update. Jonesing for that new hotness, but I have so much homework Q.Q

MouldyK

First Halo game in like 3 months...playing Grifball and these are some choice quotes from my teammate and some boy in the background:

"How are they so pro?"...when we are losing 1-0.

"Oh my god, so pro"...when they are barely using any Spartan Moves.

"They are probably 24-7ers"

"He has the best helmet in the game! Must have no life!"

"How are they blocking my shots?"

"Damn, Daniel" <--- Wut?

"They are cheating!" as the other team throw the ball out of the court...actually, that does seem quite broken...

We back...but so are the children.

Sou Da

Last night I unlocked the NeoGAF skin for my BR it looks pretty cool it reminds me of the Titanfall universe

gqWS9Nl.jpg

Don't you mean the reddit skin : ^)

Cranster

Banned
Torque is a terrible designed map. Actually, I'm sick of all the visual clutter on 343i's maps in general. Give me the simplified early Bungie deigned maps any day.

Don't you mean the reddit skin : ^)

343 refuses to acknowledge GAF's existence. It's FATs fault really.

Torque is a terrible designed map. Actually, I'm sick of all the visual clutter on 343i's maps in general. Give me the simplified early Bungie deigned maps any day.
Your opinion is wrong, Torque is awesome. Also while this isn't what you said, lets not pretend Bungie is infallible with map design, there were some real turds in 3, as well as the entirety of Reach being pretty bad.

Sai

I completely disagree, I'm sick of getting double teamed as soon as I spawn.
I don't think that's the map's fault.

I thought Torque was a bit too busy on the flanks when I played it the first couple of times. Didn't mind it as much as I became more familiar with the lil' nooks 'n crannies hammer-jerks were crouching in.

Ocho

That it's been a launch gametype of recent Halo games and Halo 5 is about 5 months in and it's still not here.

No need to split the community so drastically since day 1. Halo doesn't have the numbers to hold a thousand playlists like before.

Staggered releases keeps interest in the game and gives them time to polish. Not that you'd know, you still don't play the game. :p

Cranster

Banned
What are your favorite maps from the previous games?

Halo 1

Battle Creek
Blood Gulch
Boarding Action
Chill Out
Chiron TL-34
Damnation
Hang &#8216;Em High
Longest
Prisoner
Sidewinder

Halo 2

Backwash
Beaver Creek
Coagulation
Containment
Headlong
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Relic
Sanctuary
Terminal
Turf
Waterworks
Zanzibar

Halo 3

Assembly
Avalanche
Citadel
Cold Storage
Heretic
High Ground
Last Resort
Longshore
Rat&#8217;s Nest
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

Reach

Highlands
Powerhouse
Reflection

Halo 4

Haven

Within a day someone is already testing scripting with the new update. That is so awesome. Forge community is great. Good job guys.

Tao, there is not map, just someone testing some scripting with new objects in yesterday's update.

Well, then they're just idiots I guess?

And I somehow assumed the CE pistol would be a loadout weapon, kinda disappointed it isn't. :lol
Damn. That's rather high and at that point, you have access to most of the other Power Weapons.
Been using it more and in a game of CE Pistol loadouts it's not as bad I thought it'd be. The thruster is a H U G E addition to this sandbox and having a projectile-based M6D would be great as a loadout weapon. Get shot once and you thrust away as you fight back or die a quick death; gameplay feels visceral like CE.

That being said, the fact that it's a Legendary Mythic level 6 REQ is extremely disappointing because it'll barely see the light of day unless they make a playlist with it. Why couldn't it just be a Rare REQ like some of these other insanely powerful lower REQ level weapons like the double digit supply of Whiplash Railguns I have or the double digit Blaze of Glory Shotguns or The Answers or the adundance of insane level 6 Rockets I receive, etc. etc. -- It really should be changed in my opinion.

clav

Is there a list of which ones are only unlockable through gameplay?

I don't get in vehicles often, but I want Falcons and Hornets in the game so I can snipe people out of the cockpit. Hopefully they'll add UNSC air vehicles in Memories of Reach.

Top Bottom