• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Who's the one assuming? I asked the question based on a seemingly straight-forward conversation lol

You're assuming I'm asking you angrily, waiting to shit on you for griefing people based on my previous posts on this issue. However, that's not the case.

Neverminds... I guess it wasnt obvious it was a joke to begin with...

But nah I was just solo queueing no idea how I could set up a "grief" like that

You spent the entire match griefing the same lesser-skilled players over and over, for 15 minutes? Explain to me where the fun is in that, I'm genuinely curious.

It's not difficult to answer it myself, but I would like someone who does this to explain it themselves.

I hate to admit it but in playlists where we basically never find a match you can count on us making the game take awhile. If there's quitters then we'll end it early but near/full enemy teams = long games. BTB we might be lucky to find 1 game a night. We want 12 minutes.

EDIT: Social CTF & Assault have been finding fast good connection games consistently solo or 3-5 parties. Good times.

I hate to admit it but in playlists where we basically never find a match you can count on us making the game take awhile. If there's quitters then we'll end it early but near/full enemy teams = long games. BTB we might be lucky to find 1 game a night. We want 12 minutes.

EDIT: Social CTF & Assault have been finding fast good connection games consistently solo or 3-5 parties. Good times.
Speaking on that, I wouldn't mind a "Slayer Unlimited" Warzone gametype that serves as just a lobby to jump in to just shoot things for a while, then back out when you're done (Halo PC had these kind of lobbies; it was fun). That way you don't have to worry about dragging your team down if you're casually playing, and as a team you can get your fix of slay slay slay the night away without interruptions.

singhr1

LOL What are these. I must have missed these two during the Halo toys announcement.

Halo-Mega-Bloks-Incinerator-Cyclops-Strike-Cyclops.jpg

The second one is a Halo Wars 2 vehicle?!?!

Edit: Just realized Mega Bloks have been selling weird Halo Cyclops toys for some time now. My bad

Madness

I really notice at first, but to be honest, I adapt to 30fps just fine. So while 60 may be absolutely preferred, but I spent 35 years of amazing fun gaming without it bothering me.

As much as I disliked how jarring it was going from seeing say a Gears Ultimate campaign at 30fps and then silky smooth 60fps multiplayer. I think going forward, having locked 30fps for Halo 6 campaign could be a good compromise especially as the expectation for greater visual fidelity over Halo 5 will be big. I can only imagine how much better Sanghelios and the Domain would have looked if locked 60fps and dynamic resolution weren't a requirement. I mean I notice 60 fps like crazy for multiplayer but campaign wise, sort of a one and done, barring intel/skull coop playthroughs,locked 30fps could be fine from my end.

I mean even resolution doesn't really bother me too much either. Halo 3 was like 640p and 25fps at times.

Stackboy

Still no luck getting into arena or warzone games after this patch, been tinkering around with my router settings with recommendations from many sources and no luck. Lots of players have the same issue, I just hope with every content release and patch they enable me to play Halo 5 online.

Sou Da

Torque is fantastic.

Grifball has proven to me that literally every aspect of this franchise has been improved by Spartan abilities.

People REALLY like that Gravity Hammer.

Madness

Bought a 25 dollar Xbox card but forgot I need more for the Arena REQ bundle. I'll probably just redeem this and then buy silver packs for cash so I can start unlocking the good stuff and hopefully get my crossed swords. Look how happy Lethul was for the cowboy cat, I feel the same way regarding the crossed swords, but it sucks no way to put the shield I had behind them.

I wonder if 343 will ever tell us if the REQ system has been more profitable for them over Map packs and season passes. I think once I finish silver, I'll get the Arena REQ bundle but not open until I have a lot of crap I don't want already out of the way.

shoreu

You spent the entire match griefing the same lesser-skilled players over and over, for 15 minutes? Explain to me where the fun is in that, I'm genuinely curious.

It's not difficult to answer it myself, but I would like someone who does this to explain it themselves.

I'm going to be honest Playing at onyx 1700 all day without a squad is annoying as hell Sometimes it's fun to just relax and play the game. Sometimes that involves trouncing an entire team of unskilled players. It's not Malicious or anything it just ends up like that sometimes.

Are we supposed to only play with people in our bracket all day? No, I like social it's not my fault half the people can't play it it.

I'm going to be honest Playing at onyx 1700 all day without a squad is annoying as hell Sometimes it's fun to just relax and play the game. Sometimes that involves trouncing an entire team of unskilled players. It's not Malicious or anything it just ends up like that sometimes.

Are we supposed to only play with people in our bracket all day? No, I like social it's not my fault half the people can't play it it.
There's a difference between dominating a team and sitting there in an objective gametype you could've ended 10 minutes ago, but you decide to farm kills on the poor suckers who end up soloing into a game with poor teammates. Have you never been in this situation, searching matchmaking solo and have terrible teammates, playing against a full team farming kills?

It sucks, and you can't quit because who knows if you'll get banned for X hours. And you make it seem like teams of 4 have it difficult in Halo 5 matchmaking lol..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm struggling fam.

After a fairly small break I was having marginal issues landing shots. I switched up settings for the first time ever (default for life since CE) and settled with 4 send and 2 ACC. I was kicking ass and landing shots no prob, but it was warzone, so many of these engagements were a bit longer distances.

Two days later I'm trying out new modes and map and my new settings feel terrible. Perhaps my muscle memory reverted back to default settings without telling me, perhaps my new settings aren't great for closer range engagements. But now I'm stuck.

Do I just try to get more time in with the new settings and go through a potentially lengthy teething process? Do I go back to default, despite feeling like I may have hit a wall? Do I try yet another controller setting, and stick with it, thats somewhere in-between (3 send and 2 ACC perhaps)?

Have you tried playing H4 since playing H5? The aiming feels smoother, and I think it has to do with diagonals being slower in Halo 5 compared to previous games.

343 mentioned a while back that they plan to include different axes settings for aiming, so hopefully they'll drop that some day. Nothing has been said about the aiming since that update released though, so I'm not sure if it's still in the works.

I'm struggling fam.

After a fairly small break I was having marginal issues landing shots. I switched up settings for the first time ever (default for life since CE) and settled with 4 send and 2 ACC. I was kicking ass and landing shots no prob, but it was warzone, so many of these engagements were a bit longer distances.

Two days later I'm trying out new modes and map and my new settings feel terrible. Perhaps my muscle memory reverted back to default settings without telling me, perhaps my new settings aren't great for closer range engagements. But now I'm stuck.

Do I just try to get more time in with the new settings and go through a potentially lengthy teething process? Do I go back to default, despite feeling like I may have hit a wall? Do I try yet another controller setting, and stick with it, thats somewhere in-between (3 send and 2 ACC perhaps)?

I definitely think getting the feel for new maps and modes may throw you off a bit. Personally, I think 3 and 2 is just way to slow especially if you need to do quick turnarounds. Considering you were doing well on 4 and 2 I think you should just stick with that; it's what I play on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I definitely think getting the feel for new maps and modes may throw you off a bit. Personally, I think 3 and 2 is just way to slow especially if you need to do quick turnarounds. Considering you were doing well on 4 and 2 I think you should just stick with that; it's what I play on.

I'm reminded of why I never fucked with settings before. Now I'm in this constant limbo of things feeling off. The more I dabble the harder it will be to go back to default - assuming I should go back. I suppose I can adjust to anything at least close to default given enough time with it. Just going to be frustrating for a bit. Wish I just pushed through what ever troubles I had without tweaking settings though.

Top Bottom