• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Have you fixed your aiming yet?

latest

Nothing like running into some gaf in wz assault and getting your butt handed to you. I think all my side were still at req 1 and the other side was above 3.

Man. Solo que in team arena is brutal. After i place im gonna stick to slayer/wz/btb

So Angry! after 8 games in team arena... Not once i get torque. Is it only in a specific playlist? Did i miss that part??

However, arena is handing out perfects for me. Hehe

I keep forgetting the halo montage email...Anyone mind letting me know again? Ill try my luck and see if i can make it with my G0SU plays. Lololololololololol

Where do they spawn? I'm stuck in Silvers forever so I'm gonna have to head into BTB and have some fun with that thing later.

Mid where the two small bridges connect next to the larger one. Once you Walk up the steps, youll see it against the wall. 12 cnt ammo each pick up i believe.

jfoul

I switched my controller settings. I previously had my outer deadzone at 15% which was a mistake. I was hitting full-peg turn too soon, making my aim at the outer edge really jerky. Seems like my controller can handle 0% outer, but I just keep it at 5% for now just in case.

Sensitivity: 4
Acceleration: 3
Inner deadzone: 0%
Outer deadzone: 5%

The game seriously needs a surrender option. last night had a game went 0-2 in CTF where we got completely outplayed and I was lagging horribly, then two went AFK and the last one started betraying everyone, a surrender option could come in handy in situations like this.

The game seriously needs a surrender option. last night had a game went 0-2 in CTF where we got completely outplayed and I was lagging horribly, then two went AFK and the last one started betraying everyone, a surrender option could come in handy in situations like this.

And your avatar was never more fitting :)

Ran into two players glitching into the map geometry on Warzone Assault on Summit. Making my team unable to capture the armory.

I saved the game video and reported the players. Pretty high level players too SnIp3KILL4 and youralltwisted.

Wonder if 343 knows about the glitch and are going to start banning people for it?

shoreu

There's a difference between dominating a team and sitting there in an objective gametype you could've ended 10 minutes ago, but you decide to farm kills on the poor suckers who end up soloing into a game with poor teammates. Have you never been in this situation, searching matchmaking solo and have terrible teammates, playing against a full team farming kills?

It sucks, and you can't quit because who knows if you'll get banned for X hours. And you make it seem like teams of 4 have it difficult in Halo 5 matchmaking lol..

I mean I've never had this done on me lol I'll be damed if I get scrubbed in halo especially if it's me and my brother we'll score.

Wonder if that's behind Halo 6's paywall.

There were no brutes or flood in Halo 5 campaign.

Paywall? C'mon son.....

wwm0nkey

I wonder how many of us in here would gladly pay for Halo 6 that works as a Halo 5 expansion pack.

Keep all REQs + unlocks.
I would, keep everything that's already in and just update the engine to preform /look better and add in 12 months worth of content like we've been getting. No reason to restart MP with Halo 6,just continue off this base.

I would, keep everything that's already in and just update the engine to preform /look better and add in 12 months worth of content like we've been getting. No reason to restart MP with Halo 6,just continue off this base.
If done right this really could be amazing, hard to pull off but would be interesting to see. Though a lot of people would see it as a bad thing, to some degree it is but how halo 5 plays is so good doesn't seem like it needs to be changed. So just continually adding on to halo 5 would be great for the people that enjoy the game. Just would turn off new comers and would never happen in this industry.

I'm so inconsistent in Slayer. One game I went 6-16 and the next I go 18-6. In other modes I'm fairly consistent, but Slayer feels like luck of the draw. There are games where I can't do anything right. Constantly getting double teamed, guy who is one shot getting away, random god nades, and etc. I guess that's just Halo, you have good games and you have bad games. I just want to be a bit more consistent.

Trup1aya

I wonder how many of us in here would gladly pay for Halo 6 that works as a Halo 5 expansion pack.

Keep all REQs + unlocks.

I think I'd be perfectly ok if halo 6 was just a Single Player update to the game we've been playing... I just don't know if that would be the shot in the arm the population would need by then. We are talking 3 years at least.

Loomba

I think I'd be perfectly ok if halo 6 was just a Single Player update to the game we've been playing... I just don't know if that would be the shot in the arm the population would need by then. We are talking 3 years at least.

Halo 6 should be campaign and MP with new maps/effects/graphics.

I think we have hit the mechanics jackpot and don't need any more gimmicks. Carrying over REQs would be nice too.

Trup1aya

Ha maybe. I feel like I have no awareness in all of my games, especially spawn predictions.

Man, I got ninja'd twice last night... By people that I had gotten down to one shot.... And neither one even used their thrusters...

I also have been completely whiffing on melees

I feel like a total noob, when just last week I was on a win streak, with consistently positive KD in diamond level matches...

I have no idea what's going on.

Halo 6 should be campaign and MP with new maps/effects/graphics.

I think we have hit the mechanics jackpot and don't need any more gimmicks. Carrying over REQs would be nice too.

Can't argue with that

im_dany

Keep all REQs + unlocks.

I'd do even if I think it's hard to redeem the sp portion, just because of the fantastic mp they released.
Keeping REQs would be sweet too, just like PVZ:GW->GW2.

The game really needs a UI overhaul though.
The italian translation is pretty rough at times, and most of the new content from the Title Updates is not even translated for some reason :s

I'd do even if I think it's hard to redeem the sp portion, just because of the fantastic mp they released.
Keeping REQs would be sweet too, just like PVZ:GW->GW2.

The game really needs a UI overhaul though.
The italian translation is pretty rough at times, and most of the new content from the Title Updates is not even translated for some reason :s

Same for the Chinese, lots of the new REQs remain English and some newer Emblems don't even have a name.

bchamba

tfw you don't know rockets have been placed on overgrowth strongholds and you're about to capture pit but then bduwuwywgwvwnckrjwbwkq

Are we expecting another Weekly Update Blog today or did the wednesday content drop cover that?

Just curious as i don't remember if they said anything about seeing us next week or whatever.

Are we expecting another Weekly Update Blog today or did the wednesday content drop cover that?

Just curious as i don't remember if they said anything about seeing us next week or whatever.

Dont expect something today. In every other CU i think update notes replaced the Community update.

So I've come up with a new minigame that I'm tentatively calling Dropshot. I'm still working on the gameplay, but the basic premise is a skill based take on Ricochet - 4 v 4. Two ways to score, a touchdown for 5 points, and a dropshot for 10 ( there are 2 goal holes high up for each team).

I'm still tweaking player traits, but you won't be able to kill except for assassinations. Swords are used to knock players back. I'll post some pics/video of it later.

Fuchsdh

I'm so inconsistent in Slayer. One game I went 6-16 and the next I go 18-6. In other modes I'm fairly consistent, but Slayer feels like luck of the draw. There are games where I can't do anything right. Constantly getting double teamed, guy who is one shot getting away, random god nades, and etc. I guess that's just Halo, you have good games and you have bad games. I just want to be a bit more consistent.

Yeah I feel like that's a PC move console players wouldn't adapt to.

I guess now that Ricochet is a thing, I have no excuses not to make Trenchball. Gotta' get that Forge knowledge going...

Top Bottom