• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So I've come up with a new minigame that I'm tentatively calling Dropshot. I'm still working on the gameplay, but the basic premise is a skill based take on Ricochet - 4 v 4. Two ways to score, a touchdown for 5 points, and a dropshot for 10 ( there are 2 goal holes high up for each team).

I'm still tweaking player traits, but you won't be able to kill except for assassinations. Swords are used to knock players back. I'll post some pics/video of it later.

So what you're saying is any hole's a goal right ;)

Trup1aya

So I've come up with a new minigame that I'm tentatively calling Dropshot. I'm still working on the gameplay, but the basic premise is a skill based take on Ricochet - 4 v 4. Two ways to score, a touchdown for 5 points, and a dropshot for 10 ( there are 2 goal holes high up for each team).

I'm still tweaking player traits, but you won't be able to kill except for assassinations. Swords are used to knock players back. I'll post some pics/video of it later.

That sounds amazing. This update really seems to have lit an additional fire under the already exceedingly impressive forge community.

Some good ol' Lag. I call this the MoonWalk.

http://xboxclips.com/SaMuRaI+G0SU/a8a640ba-917d-44f1-b7b4-a963def64a8a

Decent nade placement?

http://xboxclips.com/SaMuRaI+G0SU/1895b52b-296a-4a30-b3d6-693a2d90cb92

Would have been a good ninja but that OV saved him?

http://xboxclips.com/SaMuRaI+G0SU/e4331842-305b-471e-a55e-b17f2f576b99

i still need to git gud

For the montage?

halogafmontage@gmail.com

I belive that's it

Thanks!!! after reviewing the clips i took last night.. lol i dont think im gonna submit them anymore -_- ....

Ryde3

Torque seems way to big for 4 v 4 slayer... I also don't like that there are 2 hammers, I think 2 snipers would play better.

Assault was good fun though and I've yet to try CTF on it yet.

JackHerer

What playlists have torque in it?

I played about 8 games last night in Team Arena and did not play on Torque once.

I've played it in social assault and team arena so far.

I wonder if we'll see another game under the title 'Halo 5: X' before we see Halo 6. Whatever they do I hope they pretty much keep the mechanics as is and focus on making better maps, a better campaign, and being feature complete on launch so it doesn't have to play catch-up in its post-launch support.

shoreu

I wonder how many of us in here would gladly pay for Halo 6 that works as a Halo 5 expansion pack.

Keep all REQs + unlocks.

I would prefer if they let halo 5 grow for a long time and keep giving packs out. This gives them time to make a spin off series. And make an extremely non traditional shooter campaign like a Deus ex or mass effect.

Leave halo 6 to the next console.

I've played it in social assault and team arena so far.

I wonder if we'll see another game under the title 'Halo 5: X' before we see Halo 6. Whatever they do I hope they pretty much keep the mechanics as is and focus on making better maps, a better campaign, and being feature complete on launch so it doesn't have to play catch-up in its post-launch support.

Well Halo 5 is the first mainline series (if you count out Reach since it is a prequel and a spin-off, and ODST is obviously a spin-off) with a sub-title, so the possibility is there imo.

Torque seems way to big for 4 v 4 slayer... I also don't like that there are 2 hammers, I think 2 snipers would play better.

yeah torque feels kinda big for just 4v4. Also, gosu, I have the worst games in assault. Like literally the worst games I've ever had in halo. 0 kills 13 deaths. 2 kills 14 deaths. Am I just getting put against good teams while queuing solo or what? I'm sticking to slayer.

Strider

tfw you don't know rockets have been placed on overgrowth strongholds and you're about to capture pit but then bduwuwywgwvwnckrjwbwkq

Wait... really? In place of the plasma caster I guess?

Weird they chose that map to replace the PC if so because I felt Overgrowth - Strongholds was a map that gun actually was both useful and fun on...

Rig and Truth on the other hand......

shoreu

Wait... really? In place of the plasma caster I guess?

Weird they chose that map to replace the PC if so because I felt Overgrowth - Strongholds was a map that gun actually was both useful and fun on...

Rig and Truth on the other hand......

Yeah rig is too open.

Ryde3

I was surprised to see the sword also removed from Overgrowth... the map has only 1 power weapon now, feels kind of bare.

IHaveIce

Banned

I didn't think it was too big. played it alot yesterday, you had pretty much nonstop action in the crunch zones.

2 Snipers would be awesome though instead of the hammer

yeah torque feels kinda big for just 4v4. Also, gosu, I have the worst games in assault. Like literally the worst games I've ever had in halo. 0 kills 13 deaths. 2 kills 14 deaths. Am I just getting put against good teams while queuing solo or what? I'm sticking to slayer.

Were you the guy on my team with 0 kills? :p But yeah, i've had some pain with assault. Solo que in that objecive is really painful. Feel like it requires more team coordination than flag/ctf from my experience.

Strider

Lol for that dumb ass weapon 😂 it just falls through holes randomly. Engine 2 junction and bunker get the most use for it. It's useless on the catwalk area and passable in long hall

Ok i misinterpreted "open" lol thought u meant there was just too much open space (like the field area) but really u meant too many holes and stuff. Gotcha.

And yea I agree just not very useful on that map and it's why it goes untouched so often... I found it to be really useful in defending pit in OverGrowth - Strongholds though so I would actually always go grab it on that map. Whether your team had Tram or Blue base you could spam shots down the hill into pit to clear people out or get them weak. Was nice actually...

I just can't play Social Assault in its current 5v5 state. It just feels way too cramped in the small maps, especially with 10 players pushing towards one spot on the map at any point in time. It's terrible to play solo.

shoreu

Bungie didn't want the sub-title in the first place.

Ok i misinterpreted "open" lol thought u meant there was just too much open space (like the field area) but really u meant too many holes and stuff. Gotcha.

And yea I agree just not very useful on that map and it's why it goes untouched so often... I found it to be really useful in defending pit in OverGrowth - Strongholds though so I would actually always go grab it on that map. Whether your team had Tram or Blue base you could spam shots down the hill into pit to clear people out or get them weak. Was nice actually...

Exactly this you need enclosed walls that are parallel for it to be useful which is why it's annoying to use on truth the curved walls ruin shots.

Halo 5: Blue Team :V

(no salt intended :p)

Halo 5: the shadow of intent

Fuchsdh

It's possible we'll see another numeral, but I think adding the subtitle is part of the transition away from numbered sequels entirely. Unless you go Final Fantasy Roman Numerals I can't think of any series that just keeps going with crazy large numbers.

belushy

Banned
https://twitter.com/Brav/status/703256428128014336

y0RLpje.png

"Talk to you before then too"

Hmmm, something going down next week? Maybe has to do with that media event. Embargo for that lifts tuesday.

I used to think halo 5: xxxxxx would be made, but i don't even know anymore. Their sustain is filling in the Halo gaps for me.

If they release a halo 5 : xxxx, i think it would lose any type of appeal or hype compared to a proper sequel like announcing halo 6.

Can't forget Halolens and how that may factor their business decision for Halo Spin-offs in the future. Like a halolens audio book watching characters perform for you in your living room

Oh , better yet have Hunt The Truth as an interactive HaloLens expeirence for free with purchase :p . I'm still in awe about the amazing work they did with HTT.

Probably won't be for another 6+ years though.....

Trup1aya

I used to think halo 5: xxxxxx would be made, but i don't even know anymore. Their sustain is filling in the Halo gaps for me.

If they release a halo 5 : xxxx, i think it would lose any type of appeal or hype compared to a proper sequel like announcing halo 6.

Can't forget Halolens and how that may factor their business decision for Halo Spin-offs in the future. Like a halolens audio book watching characters perform for you in your living room

Oh , better yet have Hunt The Truth as an interactive HaloLens expeirence for free with purchase :p . I'm still in awe about the amazing work they did with HTT.

Probably won't be for another 6+ years though.....

I think any Halo5:XXXXX will be a large paid DLC. It would be a generously sized chunk of Campaign content, a new game mode, and some new maps. Of course those maps and modes would be made available to people who don't buy the DLC, after some period of time.

Leyasu

Banned
I think any Halo5:XXXXX will be a large paid DLC. It would be a generously sized chunk of Campaign content, a new game mode, and some new maps. Of course those maps and modes would be made available to people who don't buy the DLC, after some period of time.

If anything, I would have thought that they are going to do a spin off that is a destiny clone, and
hopefully
save 6 till next gen. I want to see what they do with better hardware.

Fuchsdh

If anything, I would have thought that they are going to do a spin off that is a destiny clone, and
hopefully
save 6 till next gen. I want to see what they do with better hardware.

I guess it ultimately depends how long the REQ gravy train runs, and whether REQ income plus lower dev costs to iterate on current engine and produce new stuff utilizing what you've got, while you prepro a new game and campaign three or four years down the line as a launch and/or next-gem title makes more financial sense—the alternative being releasing another game in three to four years and winding down Halo 5.

i dont think they want to split the community up. They emphasize this. Having DLC with maps will create the : have and have nots :.They are using a different model with microtransitions.

Remember this?

"When you have paid map packs and content, you divide the player base into two groups: the haves and have-nots," studio head Josh Holmes told Game Informer. "The people that have the map pack can play together but the people who don't cannot. That to us is a real problem. So we're delivering all the maps to all players free so everybody will be able to play together. That, we feel, is really important to having a great multiplayer ecosystem."

A single player focused game would get nowhere. That may be the only DLC we see for Halo 5. Doubt it though.

Top Bottom