• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Would be great to get a F2P announcement at E3 along with Firefight being released. Give us a big boost in population and let the hype start building for H6 or Halo: blank.

Because honestly sales are completely dead 9+ months after launch unless your GTA or CoD, REQs will definitely make up for the missed sales with 20mil possible h5 players.

You just want to pop bubbles sheilds in 1080p.

I can neither confirm nor deny my intentions

cam-investdtunf.gif

Fuchsdh

Both these things make me think that Halo Wars 2 will lead into Halo 6 somehow

It'd be pretty cool for Halo Wars to have a real connection to the rest of the series. Part of the downside of its story was that it had to be so separated from the rest of the games (especially with the Flood.)

I also feel like people don't give RTSes enough credit for storytelling potential. They can be more than just nice cutscenes, Warcraft III proved that.

Trup1aya

Would be great to get a F2P announcement at E3 along with Firefight being released. Give us a big boost in population and let the hype start building for H6 or Halo: blank.

Because honestly sales are completely dead 9+ months after launch unless your GTA or CoD, REQs will definitely make up for the missed sales with 20mil possible h5 players.

I sure hope so.

Surely they can stomach all the bullshit they'll get about 'how much Halo must blow' and 'it's deteriorated into a F2P, microtransaction shitfest' in exchange for a healthy population, funding for the competitive scene, and continued MP updates.

Fuchsdh

Even Halo in its prime never had that good an attach rate, and I don't necessarily think people are going to jump into Halo 5 because it's free at such an accelerated rate. If they had an Xbox anyhow they were probably far more likely to buy it, and I doubt a F2P Halo would sell more hardware.

I also don't think that the REQ system is sufficiently mature and full-featured enough to work as a F2P game.

Welfare

I hope H3A never happens. It's HD on the 360 and is 1080p/60FPS on the Xbox One already. Waste of time and resources if the project is made.

Hopefully 2017 is an off year in terms of Halo releases and the year is just focused on Halo Wars 2 support and potentially even Halo 5 support, if 343 keep up the free content.

Nowise10

I hope H3A never happens. It's HD on the 360 and is 1080p/60FPS on the Xbox One already. Waste of time and resources if the project is made.

Hopefully 2017 is an off year in terms of Halo releases and the year is just focused on Halo Wars 2 support and potentially even Halo 5 support, if 343 keep up the free content.

I agree. Game doesn't need it.

shoreu

Just got a promo email from Xbox with this subject line:

What the fuck, Xbox? You're really going to bully my spartan look so I buy the Arena REQ bundle? Fuck outta here.

LMFAO they called your Spartan a basic Bitch 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭.. Also don't hold out on pics of your basic Spartan.

Yes I agree I prefer more support for Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 Guardians, Halo 3 already looks amazing on the Xbox One

To be honest, I don't really want a H3A either. Use the time between Halo 6 to really, REALLY polish and support Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.

LMFAO they called your Spartan a basic Bitch ��������������.. Also don't hold out on pics of your basic Spartan.

Since you asked:

spartan

Been playing around with the colors lately. Really like the skull mask imprint on the helmet.

Also, sorry about the shitty Waypoint pic. Can't figure out how to get it elsewhere.

Fuchsdh

It's definitely diminishing returns compared to H1 and H2, but god knows stuff like animations, character models and textures would get a nice boost. It would definitely be the last remaster, because I can't see 343 redoing their own stuff in 2022 and Halo Reach just wouldn't be worth it from a market standpoint.

Would also be a shame to get H3 retouched and H3 ODST not to get the same treatment.

Anyone around for some haloes in about 90-odd minutes? Thinking sweaty 4 v 4 customs and I want to see how a new minigame called DropShot plays.

Any takers?

BradC00

for H3A they should just release the game as a DLC/Standalone for MCC. If you have MCC you get it for 20, if you don't, pay 40-60 and get MCC with H3A.

And then they should completely fix MCC.

jelly

I would like a more against the odds, survival Halo IP. No big ass spaceships with on demand weapons and resources, just shit hitting the fan on a planet or ring. Enemies busting down doors, over running, bit of stealth, open hub areas. Small squad, maybe even no Spartans or a desperate search to reach them is the squads only survival as they scrape past every encounter. No UNSC characters would be so refreshing or the odd UNSC retirement or AWOL personal mixed with normal citizens. Something totally new for Halo with fresh mechanics, 3rd person even. I really want something different that has new mechanics, good characters and no galactic consequences.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Anyone around for some haloes in about 90-odd minutes? Thinking sweaty 4 v 4 customs and I want to see how a new minigame called DropShot plays.

Any takers?

I will be home from work at 3:30 eastern. I could jump on

2016: Halo Wars 2
2017: Halo 3 Anniversary (BELIEVE)
2018: ???
2019: Halo 6 (?)
I still say Halo 3 anniversary is never going to happen.

Halos 1 and 2 were the only Halos not in HD, that's why they needed remasters. But 3 onwards are all HD and still pretty gorgeous to this day.

I mean yeah there's some shit mixed in like Hood's face... but the game overall is still very pretty.

No more re-masters plz. They can port over specific strong points of each game into Halo 5. They already proved it to us with CE, and H2 stuff. And they are going to do it again with 'Memories of Reach' and 'Warzone Firefight'.

re-masters at this point wont benefit 343i in anway way possible i believe. Just accept MCC and prepare to hold your butts for Halo 6:
The Created

Just convert and port H3 maps into 5 and bingo, am happy.* **

*and make every level of Halo 6 SP like The Ark and the Covenant.

The Covenant, man. Still my favourite Halo level.

** except Isolation and Snowbound

blakep267

They're not going to make the game free to play less than a year since its launch. They'll probably make a halo 5 standard Xbox bundl in May or something.

Top Bottom